[GC09] PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.00) Update

Meh updates are ok. didnt really impress me much on my PS3...glittery new theme is kinda annoying...still prefer 360 NXE dashboard more. Wish someone would make an even better web browser on PS3 or 360 would get a custom browser with Flash support.

I am really not enjoying the new XMB resolution or the fact that I can no longer hit the PS button while listening to music in order to go find other music... I have to stop my tunes completely before I can play others.

I thought they we're supposed to add features, not take them away.

I'm sure these issues have been mentioned but I have been away and just now getting to play with the console again.

I am really not enjoying the new XMB resolution or the fact that I can no longer hit the PS button while listening to music in order to go find other music... I have to stop my tunes completely before I can play others.

I'm sure these issues have been mentioned but I have been away and just now getting to play with the console again.

Weird I don't have that music issue, I can have music playing then PS button to go find others.

Playstation 3 dynamic themes are not profitable

Dynamic themes were recently introduced on the Playstation 3 via the 3.0 firmware update. Although it adds a lot of personality to the XMB (XrossMediaBar), these themes cost a hefty price of $2.99 each on the Playstation Store.

Apparently, the costs are much heavier for the company behind the dynamic themes. Dylan Cuthbert, the President and Executive Producer of Q-Games, made the following statement on comments section of the Playstation.Blog:

?Remember that we?ll be lucky to sell even a few thousand themes and so the cost of developing the theme (3-4 weeks of coder/artist time, checking, testing etc) will still far exceed any money we make from it.?

Of course, there are still plenty of incentives, such as for marketing and promotional purposes, for game companies to create a dynamic theme for the Playstation 3.

News Source: Examiner.com

They do a lot more than the X360's premium themes, but I don't think that there will be many if developers will lose money on :(em. :(

That doesn't happen to me...

I've already explained how to get music working in the background again in this topic

Go to Music Settings, and select your bitsteram to be 44m instead of 48/122/etc. Now you can have music in the background again.

Until those with American PS3s get a way to turn the ticker off, here's a way to do it in the mean time

what you do is change your date and time settings to the future, like changing the year from 2009 to 2010, then restart your ps3 and feast your eyes on a tickerless XMB

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...hread.id=112641

Firmware 3.00 Q&A

Many of you have been asking why we haven?t responded to your complaints about last week?s 3.0 update until now. Sorry it?s taken us a while to get back to you ? this is obviously an emotive subject and there have been a lot of issues raised surrounding the release, so we wanted to make sure we could come back to you with a comprehensive response that answers your most frequently asked quesI don?t like the ?Fizz?. How do I turn it off?rn it off?

To turn the fizz off, go to the Theme Settings under Settings on the XMB, you can choose different themes from here. ?Classic? is the default theme wWhere?s the game start chime gone? Why would you remove it?d you remove it?

One of the reasons we removed the PS3 jingle is that it was created to indicate the start of a game, but now we?re offering non-game content such as Vidzone in addition to games. More importantly though, this change makes the loading time a bit quicker than before, which we think will be a noticeable benefitThe BBC iPlayer icon hasn?t appeared on the XMB. How can I get it?B. How can I get it?

There are 2 criteria for the presence of the iPlayer icon on the XMB:

(1) A PSN account or guest account as a UK resident

(2) A PS3 console sold in the UK. If you don?t have either of them, the icon will not show up. You can access the BBC iPlayer without the icon, by using the PS3 browser. The quickest way to get around it, is to type ?iplayer? in the Google search shortcut on the XMB and click ?iplayer? from the search result. You will be redirected to the PS3 special site of iPlayer, where you can then press ?Select? to add to your bookmark.

For a better experience in the future, we are looking at the possibility of removing point (2). However (1) is required toI don?t like the size of the font and the icons. Why can?t I change it back to its old size??t I change it back to its old size?

Based on your feedback, we are looking at the pThe US and Japan have a few Dynamic Themes available already. Where are ours?

emes available already. Where are ours?

The Dynamic Themes were supplied to all three regions at the same time, but unfortunately, due to the complexities of the PAL region?s PlayStation Store publishing process, they missed our publishing window last week. (Remember, we have 29 stores across 25 countries, which require the use of 13 currencies and 8 languages, so it?s more difficult for us to publish last minute content than it is for either the US or Japan). We can confirm that some Dynamic Themes will be made available on the EU Store this week, and we have a little surprise prepared especially for our PAL readers thI used to be able to surf the net and listen to music simultaneously. Now I can?t. Why?

en to music simultaneously. Now I can?t. Why?

The PS3 extended the upsampling capability to audio tracks stored on HDD and storage media with v3.00. Some function on the XMB such as the internet browser and photo gallery outputs with 48KHz only so you need to set audiThe first thing I see when I turn my PS3 on is adverts. What does this offer me?

my PS3 on is adverts. What does this offer me?

It?s not just about adverts ? the primary role of the ?What?s New? screen is to get you into the game more quickly. You?ll be able to jump straight into the last three games or applications that you?ve been using. It?s basically acts as a short-cut to the games that are resident on the HDD, so that they can be automatically booted up rather than having to go via the game selection icons on the XMB. In addition, ?What?s New? will give you a chance to discover some of the best deals on offer, read about the hottest stories currently making news across the web or even give you a heads up about some exclusive content our own EU Blog. We?re planning to improve ?What?s New? in the future with some

Uncharted freezes ever since 3.00 was released. Is there a fix coming soon?

>

Uncharted freezes ever since 3.00 was released. Is there a fix coming soon?

We?re aware of the problem with Uncharted: Drake?s Fortune following the latest system software update and have a team working hard to isolate the issue. We?ll update further information here on the blog, as and when we get it. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.

?

Well guys, I hope that?s helped answer some of your questions. Thanks to all those of you who have provided positive feedback on 3.0.

As a wise person once said, ?You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time? ? We love hearing everyone?s opinion so keep the comments coming!

Source

I don?t like the size of the font and the icons. Why can?t I change it back to its old size?

Based on your feedback, we are looking at the possibility of making the changes optional.

Go(Y) (Y)

Just be aware, a friend of mine who works at Sony says they have "no new firmware coming in", so that fix for Uncharted might take longer than many are hoping =\ (that doesn't mean it isn't being fixed or wont be fixed this year, it means right NOW they're not testing anything and Testing can often take a solid week, if not longer).