[GC09] PS3 Slim officially revealed

Also, rebranding has said bye bye to Spiderman :p

spiderman.jpg

I wonder if they'll change the current boot sequence with firmware 3.0? (it has spiderman font)

thats great... AB.. any info on price/release date for Eyepet??

isnt bravia sync sonys name for HDMI CEC? if it is why would the ps3 need IR, if i understand correctly any hdmi connected device with hdmi cec should be able to control another

thats great... AB.. any info on price/release date for Eyepet??

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/18/eyepet-b...a-for-50-euros/

New trailer as well

isnt bravia sync sonys name for HDMI CEC? if it is why would the ps3 need IR, if i understand correctly any hdmi connected device with hdmi cec should be able to control another

What we're trying to understand is why Sony say you need to buy a PS3 Slim for it.

HDMI CEC? What is that exactly, hardware related?

Have we got specs?

Product Outline: PlayStation?3 (CECH-2000)

Product name:> PlayStation?Product code:b> CECH-2000 (Charcoal BlackCPU:b> Cell Broadband EngineGPU: RSXAudio output:/b> LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AACMemory:b> 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAHard disk:b> 2.5? Serial ATA 120GBInputs / Outputs *2 Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0):Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) ? 1; IEEE 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth? 2.0 Controller:r: Wireless Controller (Bluetooth?AV output Resolution:on: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p,AV output HDMI OUT connector *3:*3:AV output AV MULTI OUT connector:or:AV output Digital out (optical) connector:or:BD/DVD/CD drive (read only) Maximum read rate:te: BD ? 2 (BD-ROM); DVD ? 8 (DVD-ROM); CD ? 24Power:Power: AC 220 ? 240,Power consumption: Approx. 250W

External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part):g part): Approx. 290 ? 65 ? 290 mm (width ? heMass:th)

Mass:Included *5:ncluded *5: PlayStation?3 system ? 1; Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK?3) ? 1; AC power cord ? 1; AV cable ? 1; USB cable ? 1

Wow, I can't believe the PSP Go is only ?25 less expensive then the new PS3. How on earth can they possibly spin that one?

EDIT: Then again, the DSi is only ?30 less expensive then the Wii... so I suppose they'll get away with it ?_?;

I think that they will be doing a price drop during TGS. It's $250 U.S., so I think they might drop it to $200 to distinguish it away from the PS3.

I also hope that when things get even smaller in the PS3 (CPU, etc.) I hope that they release another slim. Imagine a PS3 as small as the PS2 Slim with a Blu-Ray drive and all that good stuff:D; :D

I don't think you can send those kind of signals over HDMI. The reason it doesn't work with a fat PS3 is no IR. Otherwise it could've been done in a firmware update.

ya you can :p that's the way Sony's Bravia sync system works.

The slim price is ok, but the pspGO price is some kind of messed up joke.

yes hardware

Was that for me?

Ah crap, guess I won't be getting Bravia Sync then, sucks :(

2d8i73n.png

2gu07df.png

Packaging is exactly the same as the leaked packaging :p

34t8kf5.jpg

What we're trying to understand is why Sony say you need to buy a PS3 Slim for it.

HDMI CEC? What is that exactly, hardware related?

Consumer Entertainment Control

Damn the BBC is saying its gona b ?249.99? Im really tempted to trade in my old(only about 3months old) 80GB model (which has 160GB in it) with a dual shock, wonder how much i cud get off the price for the new slim hmmmm...anyone work in GAME? or Gamestop? lol

Also, it's wider? After the Slim PS2 I thought this was gonna be really slim...and it looks cheap too :/

Check out this comparison pic, it's actually slightly smaller than the PS2

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=591456616

The worst footprint for most people is height/width, most TV units tend to have a fairly generous depth.

You'll never get anything as small as the PS2 Slim due to these consoles having hard drives/Ethernet built in. The PS2 slim was pretty ridiculous, could almost fit it in your mouth :p I would love to have something that small though :(

All PS3s have HMDI 1.3a included so Bravia Synch should be completely possible on older models.

I want a Bravia myself tbh :p

I like the design. It's only the top that looks a bit crap - it looks bare. But I'm not going to be seeing the top - I'll just be seeing the front.

You know the more I think about the PS3 Slim, the more I think about how it is the WORST kept secret. :wacko: With prototypes being found in the Philippines, leaked images, leaked information from retailers, and Sony reps spilling the secrets. :p

Edited by Tech Star

Out of curioristy, do we know if the power supply will work abroad? Otherwise my Canada plans are scruppered.

All I'm going to say here is check around with people who have actually DONE IT, before you leap. Some people apparently had quite a few problems going UK --> Canada/US with the other models.

Now to buy this for the family. My daughter's been waiting for Little Big Planet for ages. :)

I don't think you can send those kind of signals over HDMI.

That's the whole point of these syncing systems with HDMI, though. The TVs and the other units sync via HDMI.

Hey wait, if they can now do the Bravia sync and it IS hardware based, does that mean it will bitstream the HD audio streams also? Does this mean they changed the HDMI chip in the new model?