[GC09] PS3 Slim officially revealed

This one.

I'll have a look (Y) Might be able to get it in 1080p, that one is 720p.

By the way, looks like the new game boxes are real for definite,

gundamps3.jpg

First bundle as well, Gundam for Japan.

All you need to do is update your hard drive, it really doesn't matter what base model you buy and chances are if Sony offer a 250GB PS3 it'll be somewhat inflated over the 120GB to the point where you're better off buying a 120GB and upgrading the hard drive yourself. They might chuck in a PSN coupon/game with a 250GB model but if it's anything like the 160GB PS3 just now which comes with Uncharted, but is $100 more than an 80GB, you're better buying the cheapest and getting a new drive when you need it.

You can probably get a 320/500GB hard drive for $40-60.

all that is very nice for us neowin posters

what about 14 yr old joe?

what about 35 year old martin who dont know shyt about hardrives?

It's all in the instruction manual, for those who don't know anything about hard drives :p

Why would they need to do anything with a harddrive if they know nothing about them? Are these really the people who will be complaining they didn't have enough space?

And, believe it or not, there is more to the Internet than Neowin. You can find lots of useful info out there without ever visiting Neowin.

there is more to the Internet than Neowin.

WHAT???!?!? Tell us of this 'outside neowin' concept? :p

Changing the HDD is about as difficult as a google search.

So Joystiq have a load of great comparison pictures, as we know already it's slimmer in width/height, but slighty larger in depth. Width/heigh is the most important for a TV stand though, usually, as most of them have quite generous depth, but might be narrow or low ceiling shelves which the fat PS3 might have trouble with.

ps3slimunboxed22.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed23.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed24.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed26.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed27.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed28.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed29.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed30.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed31.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed32.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed34.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed36.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed37.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed38.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed51.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed52.th.jpg

ps3slimunboxed53.th.jpg

I think the face in full black looks better than the fat PS3 with the silver strip.

Cant see any real reason to update to this slim model, I was hoping for ps2 compatibility... still not happening by the looks of it so ill still with my PS3 Fat.

/me hugs his 60gb phat unit.

Yes she may have a fat arse and be a little loud at times, but she offers everything I could want (PS2 BC, more USB, card readers etc etc)

Yes she may have a fat arse and be a little loud at times, but she offers everything I could want (PS2 BC, more USB, card readers etc etc)

when is the last time you used that card reader?

+1

Getting a mate to help me quietify my Phat with some Arctic Silver and a dust blow-out :D

I think he's just saying it's a pro because the console itself is smaller yet they've still managed to keep an internal power supply, and to answer your questions, yes and yes.

The old PS3 will sell till it's dried out at retail then it's gone. Probably only be a few more weeks/a month at the $299 price tag, stock of it is already pretty bare in some places due to the retailers own deals from the past few weeks.

cool, thanks AB. i thought with reduction in size that PSU was going external for sure.. pretty crazy its still inside.

Why would they need to do anything with a harddrive if they know nothing about them? Are these really the people who will be complaining they didn't have enough space?

And, believe it or not, there is more to the Internet than Neowin. You can find lots of useful info out there without ever visiting Neowin.

so all 40 gig ps3 gamers are familiar with sata drives and they full expect to change them before this generation is up?

so all 40 gig ps3 gamers are familiar with sata drives and they full expect to change them before this generation is up?

Uh well most consumers when they're low on space will research how to get more by either

a) Asking friends

b) Asking Sony

c) Asking their local Best Buy/shop they bought from

d) Reading the PS3 manual

e) Going on the internet and doing some google searching

f) Finding out from other PS3 gamers when playing games online with them

Most people don't live in bubbles and it's basic human instinct to look for a solution to a problem. Once people know they can replace the drive, if they don't know what drive to buy/how to unscrew one screw they can ask a friend/begin to research this part.

I know there is less educated people out there, but people on forums really need to stop pretending like it's millions of people who absolutely can't do anything themselves. 95% of people should be able to find out the drive is replaceable, then yeah maybe a lower percentage will know how to replace it, but knowing is the most important part, you can get help to replace, even from Sony tech support themselves on the phone.

Or pay the Geeksquad 120$ or whatever they charge to replace your drive, but hey the type of people who pay rip off merchants this kind of money don't know any better and will ultimately feel they made a good purchase so that's all that counts I guess...

all im worried about where thi new system is concerned is

a) the heat issue and how will it will perform over the "phat"

b) that cheaper blu ray drive... my last ps3 the drive stopped working after i updated the firmware.. wonder if this one will have those horrors.

I like the Slim, and would buy it if I didn't have one already.

Though the only thing that annoys me is the complete re-branding of it, the new logo, the new cases that will have the new logo on. Not that it really matters, it will still play the same games, but as someone who likes the look of his games cases all lined up on a shel looking nice, I don't like that these new ones will have a different logo on.

Ah well, lol.

she might be old, fat, noisy and gets a little hot under the collar.... but u cant imagine how much she can please a man once the lights are out

these younger bitches aint got nothing on my milf

I like the Slim, and would buy it if I didn't have one already.

Though the only thing that annoys me is the complete re-branding of it, the new logo, the new cases that will have the new logo on. Not that it really matters, it will still play the same games, but as someone who likes the look of his games cases all lined up on a shel looking nice, I don't like that these new ones will have a different logo on.

Ah well, lol.

The spine of the cases will be the same I believe.

The design is brilliant or so i think, you people sound like girls with bad fashion sense haha omg it soo looks cheap omg its soooo this and that SHHHHHHHHH.

brilliant?

lol at you going out on saturday night dressed like charlie chaplin thinking u look fly