[GC09] Gran Turismo 5 details arrive

nws12506063473568327.jpg

nws12506063474675442.jpg

Source is Japanese: http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d3499.html

Best fan/web translation we have yet (Sony Europe/USA haven't translated yet...). Don't take details for final until we get a proper translation.

August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany: Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design:

■ models included

1,000 vehicles

170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)

830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses

60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ physical simulation of vehicles

Physics system simulation is brand new

Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]

Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)

faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode

Single Race

2 player battle

■ GT Mode

World Map

My Garage

Car Dealer

Tuning Shop (parts, tires)

Car Washes/Oil Change

Race Championship (Series system, point system)

License Test

■ Online

Open Lobby

Text / Voice Chat

Private rooms

Online Photo Album

Online Replay Album

YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode

Photo Drive (Circuit)

Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV

Video output to a PSP or PSP Go?

Progressive Download

Improved user interface

Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums

The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound

Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)

Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

■ User Interface

The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color

Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

1000 cars? Holy hell if that's true. Better details edited in as soon as I can. 60 tracks as well!:DD

Edited by Audioboxer

Amar has updated his second wind

Second wind says there will be more than half of dozen hundreds birds flying in the beginning of the reunion on almost eight dozen of skypaths, and some of the birds will come from the past reunion just resembling the looks of the newborn birds.

#2 More than 1000 cars, with many of cars being transferred from GT4. 60 tracks at release

Joins the 6th wind that was GTPSP

Sixth wind is telling the tale about different reunion but almost the same as known one, smaller only for the eyes of those who do not want to see it in its whole glory. That different reunion will not happen in the realm same as the known one, but in the different realm which still has not been uncovered to the birdtamers. That realm will resemble realm already known but it will be divine new and made in the image of it.

#6 Gran Turismo Mobile for the new PSP Go have become Gran Turismo PSP and it will be released on October 1st

Here's the rest that he posted (unanswered winds)

First wind whispers that final reunion will happen thirty nights before twelve months pass and that all winds from the whole world will reunite in the same moment for the first time.

Third tale says that for the first time ever skypaths will not be just solid and already known but that new skypaths will be built by birdtamers from the parts of existing skypaths.

Fourth wind is talking that birdtamers will reunite in numbers greater than ever and will be granted with ability to talk to each other, make guilds and alliances with undisputed freedom.

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers.

All those birds, skypaths and birdtamers from all realms will unite for the Feast. And as it is already known, it will be the Feast of the Gods.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115870

Looks like 1000/1000+ cars is true :|

Transferred from GT4? so last-gen low poly crap cars?

/facepalm

You genuinely think GT4 models racing around in GT5? Cmon Huleboeren :p

If anything it'll mean the same cars from GT4, now in GT5. If you're including 1000 cars you're clearly going to have duplicates from past games... They need to remake their 70 different Subaru's for GT5 remember.

I would wait on english info before making guesses, the above page is all in Japanese and Google makes an arse of translations. Amar has confirmed 1000/1000+ cars himself though on GTPlanet.

I wonder if I can ask our translator at work to do the translation, after all she is a Jap -> eng translator hehe :D

We need this guy

TRANSLATOR-GUY_1140397d.jpg

Or we need the stupid Sony monkeys to put up the English page. Why on earth for a European event in Germany is the Japanese page updated first, that's fail. SCEE always manage to do something wrong.

170 Premium model of the type (interior, corresponding to the damage)

Damn, just noticed 170 car only have damage???

It seems like it's talking about interior damage? :blink:

Model 170 Model 1000 recording of premium models (interior, corresponding to the damage)

Might be related to the Nascar/Rally cars which are going to get more heavily trashed than the normal cars?

Further down it says

Damage representation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)

Either way it's all guesswork on these translations till Sony put them up in English...

Somebody else had a go at it

■ models included

1,000 vehicles

170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, interior corresponds to damage)

830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before]

■ Courses

Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover!]

faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla

■ arcade mode

Single Race

2 player battle

■ GT Mode

World Map

My Garage

Car Dealer

Car Washes/Oil Change

License Test

■ Online

Open Lobby

Text / Voice Chat

Private rooms

Online Photo Album

ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU

YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode

Photo Drive (Circuit)

■ Gran Turismo TV

PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO

Improved user interface

Continuous Play

■ Museums

■ Sound

Custom soundtracks (PS3 hard-drive .Mp3 usage of songs)

■ User Interface

The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color

Able to track the movement of KOKUPITTOKAMERA interface (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished)

Another attempt :/ Cmon Sony just bloody translate it...

August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany: Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design:

■ models included

1,000 vehicles

170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)

830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses

Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]

faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode

Single Race

2 player battle

■ GT Mode

World Map

My Garage

Car Dealer

Car Washes/Oil Change

License Test

■ Online

Open Lobby

Text / Voice Chat

Private rooms

Online Photo Album

Online Replay Album

YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode

Photo Drive (Circuit)

■ Gran Turismo TV

Progressive Download

Improved user interface

Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums

■ Sound

Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)

Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

■ User Interface

Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

Last part is new

That's one of the things people said would be cool with Natal, but I'm not buying a PSEye at ?30 just to look around my cockpi:laugh:h:

if it can track your head in a race an not just in the garage i will get a pseye also any idea how remote play works with gt5? i seem to remember reading they were going to send the rear view mirror video to the psp that would be cool, does prologue do that?

Edited by Waylander

/facepalm

You genuinely think GT4 models racing around in GT5? Cmon Huleboeren :p

If anything it'll mean the same cars from GT4, now in GT5. If you're including 1000 cars you're clearly going to have duplicates from past games... They need to remake their 70 different Subaru's for GT5 remember.

I would wait on english info before making guesses, the above page is all in Japanese and Google makes an arse of translations. Amar has confirmed 1000/1000+ cars himself though on GTPlanet.

Obviously they will have duplicates from past games :p

When they said 'transfer' it just puzzled me

They shouldve said 'we are expanding from 600 vehicles to 1000 vehicles in the GT series' or something like that :D

I'm a big GT fan but GT5 is turning into an epic fail, 170* cars out of 1,000 with damage?!? are they on drugs? the Forza 3 fans are gonna have a field day when they get wind of this...I just hope some of the details are due to mistranslation because if they aren't, you can crown Forza 3 as the ultimate racer right now.

EDIT: * = I know it doesn't actually say that, but it's implied and I'm not the only one who reads it like that.

Edited by Xerxes

They shouldve said 'we are expanding from 600 vehicles to 1000 vehicles in the GT series' or something like that :D

It's translated from Japanese, you're lucky we even have engrish :p

By the way another translation, this is getting tedious...

I friend of mine that knows japanese translated it in italian for me ( i asked to traslate only cars part) and it understood this :

1000 cars (all with cockpit and maybe damage), 170 (with damages also in cockpit) 830 (with cockpit and exterior damage, not damage in cockpit and seen since gt4). the 170 are premium dont' know what stand for maybe pay for it.

WTF is cockpit damage? Steering wheel leather wear and tear?

We better have gameplay videos and announcements in english tomorrow, this is Europe, not Japan.

Interesting.. no mention of multiplayer, number of players, the release date.. same old same old, 170 cars with damage out of 1000 (and this thousand vehicles are actually 830 variations of the standard models? So basically we have 170 unique cars.. all smoke no essence.. it's coming out in 2010 guaranteed! :D

Interesting.. no mention of multiplayer, number of players, the release date.. same old same old, 170 cars with damage out of 1000 (and this thousand vehicles are actually 830 variations of the standard models? So basically we have 170 unique cars.. all smoke no essence.. it's coming out in 2010 guaranteed! :D

Did you miss the section bolded online?

■ Online

Open Lobby

Text / Voice Chat

Private rooms

Online Photo Album

Online Replay Album

YouTube replay output

And I'd wait for a proper english press release before jumping to conclusions Boz ;) 170 unique cars, even with the engrish that's stretching things don't you think? 6/7 variations of every single one of those 170 cars? I don't even think that's possible.

There's no way its 1000+ unique cars, we already know there will be various impreza's etc, but there's no way it's only 170 cars with 830 variations :blink: