32" HDTV

Hi all, I've been wanting to buy a new HDTV for a while now and I think its finally time.

I'm looking to buy a 32" one. I'm also not sure if I want to buy a 720P one or a 1080P.

So can you guys please recommend me some TV's? It needs to be 32"

Also, I'll be using this tv mainly for watching HD movies from my Zune HD that I'm going to buy next month. (Also getting the AV Dock of course) And I'm also thinking about getting a ps3 to play some casual games that aren't going to be released for the pc. (As I'm a PC gamer) And I'm getting HD cable for it.

So yeah, recommend me some TV's please!

Thanks in advance.

~Daniel

Samsung TVs in the 32" range always offer great value for money.

I wouldn't go bananas trying to get 1080p at that size, but if it's a good price and well reviewed set, why not?

I'll try dig up some good sets for you, all my research was done around 40" for my TV which is why I can't really pull any models out my head.

Indeed, I've been looking at some on amazon, and I must say, their design is fantastic

I wouldn't mind if you guys can give me specific links to the TV's as there are so many out there.

you won't really notice the difference between 720 and 1080 on a set that size unless you are sitting a few inches from it.

What if a movie I'm watching is 720P and my TV is 1080P? Will it fit the whole screen? Or will it leave Black stripes on the bottom and sides? Same thing for when the movie is 1080P and the TV is 720P, what will happen?

Indeed, I've been looking at some on amazon, and I must say, their design is fantastic

I wouldn't mind if you guys can give me specific links to the TV's as there are so many out there.

I have always liked Vizio (I have 3 Flatscreens) Very bright backlight and have a crystal clear image from multiple angles

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-32-LCD-HDTV-VW32L/ip/5623472 720P Model $378

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10778775 1080P Model $488

What if a movie I'm watching is 720P and my TV is 1080P? Will it fit the whole screen? Or will it leave Black stripes on the bottom and sides? Same thing for when the movie is 1080P and the TV is 720P, what will happen?

Aren't 720p and 1080p the same aspect ratio? I've tried out 720p and 1080i on my TV and they both filled the screen.

Aren't 720p and 1080p the same aspect ratio? I've tried out 720p and 1080i on my TV and they both filled the screen.

Hmmm, what would you recommend?

I have always liked Vizio (I have 3 Flatscreens) Very bright backlight and have a crystal clear image from multiple angles

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-32-LCD-HDTV-VW32L/ip/5623472 720P Model $378

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10778775 1080P Model $488

They don't look to be top of the line. As one of the reviews said that he wouldn't recommend it for games.

Was looking at these two

720P

1080P

Edited by Ridlas

IMO, it begins and ends with Samsung. It may cost a little more, but it's well worth it. The contrast ratios are outstanding. The blacks are really good with little bleed.

And, if you plan on using anything that can output 1080 (gaming console, PC, DVR, etc...), get the 1080. Again, more money, but you'll be happy in the long run.

IMO, it begins and ends with Samsung. It may cost a little more, but it's well worth it. The contrast ratios are outstanding. The blacks are really good with little bleed.

And, if you plan on using anything that can output 1080 (gaming console, PC, DVR, etc...), get the 1080. Again, more money, but you'll be happy in the long run.

Thank you ^^

No, the OP doesn't need a 1080p TV at that size...not unless he/she plans on sitting less than a feet away from the screen. If not, then 720p is all you need. The Samsung 720p TV will accept 1080p signals and it downconverts it to the TV's native resolution.

Anyways, Ridlas, here's a good TV. Great reviews, great price.

Samsung LN32B360 http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32B460-32-...4268&sr=8-1

No, the OP doesn't need a 1080p TV at that size...not unless he/she plans on sitting less than a feet away from the screen. If not, then 720p is all you need. The Samsung 720p TV will accept 1080p signals and it downconverts it to the TV's native resolution.

Sweet! Thanks man, I'm probably getting that.

You can see a difference is 720 and 1080 if you are 42" away or closer. When gaming, a lot of people want to sit closer to the screen.

I still say go with the 1080.

if you can't see the difference between 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080) then you sir need to get your eye checks even at a distance :p

i recently (today) got a 32" hd tv 100hz 1920x1080 from bauhn a nice set really i set the pc upto it and it looked great and put the ps3 on it and that looked decent aswell (gta4)

really depends on you're need for the ps3 you'd want the 1080p although some games will only use 720p

and alot of movies coming out will be at 1080p but as ridlas said they are on the same ratio so it can scale up either signal

i say check all you're media first and games to get a rough idea on what you have more of

if possibly set you're monitor to 1280x720 and see how videos/games look on that

if you can't see the difference between 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080) then you sir need to get your eye checks even at a distance :p

i recently (today) got a 32" hd tv 100hz 1920x1080 from bauhn a nice set really i set the pc upto it and it looked great and put the ps3 on it and that looked decent aswell (gta4)

really depends on you're need for the ps3 you'd want the 1080p although some games will only use 720p

and alot of movies coming out will be at 1080p but as ridlas said they are on the same ratio so it can scale up either signal

i say check all you're media first and games to get a rough idea on what you have more of

if possibly set you're monitor to 1280x720 and see how videos/games look on that

Well for PC, a 1080p is better. But for movie watching and gaming. 720p is good enough. If you want 1080p for gaming and movies, it's better to get a 40"+ TV.

Sweet! Thanks man, I'm probably getting that.

A little typo on my post. The link is correct, but the model I typed was wrong. It is LN32B460.

My TV is 1080p and I can really tell the difference (Blu ray movies, gaming etc) from any distance, My old one was 720p.

My TV is 1080p and I can really tell the difference (Blu ray movies, gaming etc) from any distance, My old one was 720p.

I'm assuming your TV is 32"?

Each LCD is different. Chances are your 1080p TV is a much better panel than your 720p one.

It's good to get a good 32" 720p TV for around $500-600 than some cheap POS 1080p TV, but that's just me.

I'm assuming your TV is 32"?

Each LCD is different. Chances are your 1080p TV is a much better panel than your 720p one.

It's good to get a good 32" 720p TV for around $500-600 than some cheap POS 1080p TV, but that's just me.

Both where Sony Bravia ;)

I recently purchased a Samsung 32" 1080p LCD (LN32B550) for my college apartment, and it is awesome. Compared to my older 720p Samsung 32", the difference is night-and-day. 1080p is definitely worth the upgrade.

I recently purchased a Samsung 32" 1080p LCD (LN32B550) for my college apartment, and it is awesome. Compared to my older 720p Samsung 32", the difference is night-and-day. 1080p is definitely worth the upgrade.

Due to the way Samsung makes tv. i.e. They series 3 and 4 use cheap panels and are 720, while when you hit series 5(what you got) they not only change to a much better panel type, they also switch to full HD on all series 5 and up. Chances are the dramatic icnrease in PQ is not due to full HD on the series 5.

POut the series 5 next to a series 6 or 7 and you'll see even more impressive PQ increase. there's a much bigger PQ leap from series 5 to 6 and 7 than there is between 3/4 and 5, though Series 3 is pretty **** and has a yellow orange tinge on colors you can't get rid of, it makes anything with red it it look crap.