720P or 1080P?!

Which version?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which version?

• 720P
    • 1080P

That's why I haven't voted int he poll.

I would vote for 720 if they made 720p tv's with good panels. but most manufacturers use cheap panels for the 720p tv's then when they go up to the good panels, they also go up to 1080.

If the questions was what's more important resolution or panel quality, then I could vote. but as it is it's practically impossible, since he doesn't need 1080, but he will want 1080 for the simple fact that's what he gets with the better panels.

Many people are fast to jump up and say, get the Series 5, 6 or 7 TVs. Those are great if you have the money. But the OP has made it clear that he?s on a budget, i.e. he doesn?t want to spend more than $600. He was looking into the LN32B530, which is $640. It?s 1080p, but it?s a little over his budget. However, I don?t like the fact that it only has one component port. Trust me. With HDTVs, it?s good to have as many ports as possible, i.e. at least 3 HDMI and 2 Component, no less.

While the LN32B450 (Series 4) may not be the ?best? TV pebest bang for the buckfor the buck and that?s what you need to look for when you?re on a tight budget. So, in short, if you?re on a budget, get the Series 4. You?re not on a budget, get a higher end model.

Whatever you want, to put it frank no one else in this topic is going to be watching your TV, if it makes you feel better watching 1080p even if it's on a 32" TV and you can afford it, go for it.

There's nothing worse than buyers remorse (N)

Go with whatever your budget can afford, combined with the reviews and feedback on the sets you're interested in. If your budget is $600, give yourself a little push in the higher direction, up to maybe $650 if you can squeeze that out of yourself without consequences (no food for a week :p).

Do this:

Buy the 32'' 720 TV

or

Save up to buy a 42''+ 1080p TV

There's absolutely no point in getting a 1080p 32'' TV.

Unless ... do people even read previous supplied answers?