Upgrading Video Card on 220 watt power supply PC

I got a good deal on the following PC

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspi...?tag=mncol;rnav

Its an awesome computer! The Problem is the integrated video SUCKS for gaming...it even eats 256 mb of my ram >:( i dont really do much gaming really...but it would be nice to have half life 2 or the sims 3 at a decent framerate with the effects in the middle.

I want to get a new video card in it but the power supply is only 220 watts.

I know i could replace the power supply but im wondering if i buy a cheaper lower end card would it work on the system without replacing the power supply?

Any suggestions for a certain card?

Well I ran my 9500GT on my brothers Celereon computer with a 150 watt PSU :p And that card managed to run Crysis on High with no AA or post-processing with no lag, so I don't know about cards higher up but it worked perfectly on 150 watts. It cost me ?50 but I've seen there now ?40 and its a very good card!

Well I ran my 9500GT on my brothers Celereon computer with a 150 watt PSU :p And that card managed to run Crysis on High with no AA or post-processing with no lag, so I don't know about cards higher up but it worked perfectly on 150 watts. It cost me ?50 but I've seen there now ?40 and its a very good card!

Has that card been trucking a long time? in my old pc i had a 300 watt psu with a radeon 9600 (heatsink based) that i ran for over a year until the card crapped out

I definatley am a bit nervous about putting a card in here with this PSU if i took out the 56k modem that i dont use would that do anything to free up the power supply?

Has that card been trucking a long time? in my old pc i had a 300 watt psu with a radeon 9600 (heatsink based) that i ran for over a year until the card crapped out

I definatley am a bit nervous about putting a card in here with this PSU if i took out the 56k modem that i dont use would that do anything to free up the power supply?

Considering how old the 9600 is, I don't see that as being such a problem. I'm not sure how the above poster had a 9500GT on only a 150W PSU...

Considering how old the 9600 is, I don't see that as being such a problem. I'm not sure how the above poster had a 9500GT on only a 150W PSU...

I kid you not, I can get proof! My brother wanted to play games on his comp and I thought because of the crappy celeron CPU and 512 ram that he wouldn't be able to play games so I decided to take the 9500GT from my comp into his. My PSU is 350watt (come christmas I'm getting a brand new gaming rig so I can handle with this thing at the minute) and when I opened his up and seen it was only 150 I was very doubtful, but nonetheless I put it in, installed the drivers and he could Play COD4 with no AA on medium/(some) high settings.