Gran Turismo 5

gran-turismo-5-brochure.jpg

For those of you out there who still aren?t convinced of Gran Turismo 5?s pending 2009 release date, take a look at the game?s official brochure handed out at last week?s GamesCom convention. Snapped by RiseOfGames, the brochure was quickly translated by forum users ? but you don?t have to be fluent in German to figure out what ?4. Quartel 2009″ means. Via user G.T.Ace:

Developer: Polyphony ? Platform: PS3

Genre: Racing ? Number of players: T.B.A.

Release: 4th Quarter of 2009

THE ULTIMATE RACING GAME RETURNS

(lots of stupid PR blah blah, really nothing important)

The player can choose between over

1000 cars to race on incredible detailed racetracks and unlock PlayStation Trophies (blah).

The new NASCAR and WRC championships improve the

Gran Turismo experience. Players are challenged to fight their way up the online leaderboards against other racedrivers from all over the world.

Source: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-q4...date-confirmed/

excellent!

forza 3 Vs gt5 in 2009... here we go!!!!

(p.s... the 1000 cars is nothing more than a gimmick if there isnt a single porsche in the line up)

What? A thousand cars is called a gimmick? :blink: Porsche isn't in the lineup it's already confirmed, Kaz said they have an exclusive deal elsewhere, I believe that is still with EA, so MS must have paid EA to license Porsche to Forza. That's just a guess, although EA definitely did/still do own the exclusive license for Porsche.

Good to see you've got your priorities straight as well and are looking forward to a fanboy war rather than just playing both games.

What? A thousand cars is called a gimmick? :blink:

Good to see you've got your priorities straight as well and are looking forward to a fanboy war rather than just playing both games.

Perhaps he is referring to how it's probably artificially inflated by ~200 or so Skylines? :rofl: (that joke never gets old!). I just hope there is at least a Chevy Lacetti or Suzuki Liana in there (Top Gear fans will get what I'm on about..I hope) I'm happy :) got Forza 3 pre-ordered and waiting to pre-order GT5, once they both arrive at my home I can't wait for the summer of awesomeness to follow :woot:

Perhaps he is referring to how it's probably artificially inflated by ~200 or so Skylines? :rofl: (that joke never gets old!). I just hope there is at least a Chevy Lacetti or Suzuki Liana in there (Top Gear fans will get what I'm on about..I hope) I'm happy :) got Forza 3 pre-ordered and waiting to pre-order GT5, once they both arrive at my home I can't wait for the summer of awesomeness to follow :woot:

:p

It's still +/- ~300 more cars than GT4.

People may say heck I won't drive all 1000 and you probably won't, but having that many cars means the game appeals to a wide variety of car fanatics as everyone has different tastes in cars.

I assume they've modelled every car that's been around the Top Gear Test track, they better have anyway :p That's a fail if they haven't.

Gran Turismo series has failed miserably IMO. They expect to launch their PS3 'debut' title in the last quarter of this year? Making it a full 3 years after PS3 was launched? Seriously? Their featurelist seems redundant over the previous 3 series also and nothing more than forza3 can offer - which for 1/5 the size will likely look just as good or better than GT5, and also just as or more innovative feature-wise in a much shorter timeframe..

For a game that was supposed to LAUNCH with the PS3, and it coming out OVER 3 years after the fact it should blow the competition away. Sadly, from the recent screenshots and videos it looks no different than bland Prologue, just more cars and tracks..

Gran Turismo series has failed miserably IMO. They expect to launch their PS3 'debut' title in the last quarter of this year? Making it a full 3 years after PS3 was launched? Seriously? Their featurelist seems redundant over the previous 3 series also and nothing more than forza3 can offer - which for 1/5 the size will likely look just as good or better than GT5, and also just as or more innovative feature-wise in a much shorter timeframe..

For a game that was supposed to LAUNCH with the PS3, and it coming out OVER 3 years after the fact it should blow the competition away. Sadly, from the recent screenshots and videos it looks no different than bland Prologue, just more cars and tracks..

Gran Turismo 5 was never going to launch with the PS3, it's first preliminary release was at the end of 2008, with Prologue hitting in 2007. GT HD launched shortly after the PS3 as a demo to show what the GT4 engine upscaled looked like. You can't seriously tell me you'd think a title like Gran Turismo could be a launch title? Gran Turismo 3 came the closet to a launch title and it hit 1 year 1 month after the PS2 launched in Japan. GT3 featured the least amount of cars in the GT series, care to think of why?

It had 150 cars, GT2 had 650.

Did the Forza devs make a portable version of Forza with 800 cars simultaneously either?

Someone is overreacting a little, especially considering none of us, not even me who's following GT5 closely knows it's full feature list yet. Why? Because it hasn't been announced.

I've been waiting for this since GT4! God its good that its slated for a 2009 release, they were originally on for 2010. My only regret is that there aren't any great mainstream driving games like that for the PC, since my PS3 is currently dead.

I can't wait to try this game. The 1000 cars doesn't excite me at all as 90% of them will be rubbish and never used. I just like straight out simulation games. Also my G25 works on the PS3. Of course the Top Gear test track being in GT5 is an absolute bonus.

It is inevitable that there will be a huge fanboy war over GT5 and Forza 3. Why can't people just enjoy both for what they are. Hopefully this Christmas PS3 and 360 are both going to have a great driving game available.

What? A thousand cars is called a gimmick? :blink:

Well if only 170 cars are unique then yeah..it's a gimmick. Having 50 Acuras with different colors and slight cosmetic differences can't be really counted as mind blowing.

However, this is still speculation. I'm talking from the info that was on that Japanese site. But I really don't know if 1000 models even exist. So that's most likely the case.

Well if only 170 cars are unique then yeah..it's a gimmick. Having 50 Acuras with different colors and slight cosmetic differences can't be really counted as mind blowing.

However, this is still speculation. I'm talking from the info that was on that Japanese site. But I really don't know if 1000 models even exist. So that's most likely the case.

Boz that's a biggest pile of nonsense you've posted on the forum for a while if you believe it.

170 unique cars meaning over 830 duplicates? Yeah okay :laugh:

I don't see why it's hard to believe considering the length of the development cycle and the amount of cars previous GT games have included. I mean some of you have supposedly played these past GT games yet think GT5 is only going to have 170 unique models?

dont think anyone expected 1000 unique cars

but dont be suprised if u see 25 versions of the golf gti :laugh:

still... no porshe = a big blow

are there any big name cars missing from the forza title?

You must be living in a separate dimension to me :/ the GT5 screenshots and videos look alot better then "bland old Prologue", the Tokyo track looks stunning! I can't wait to see Trail Mountain and all the others :) Also, I don't recall GT5 every being promised as a PS3 launch title and even if it was, considering the difficulty to program for the PS3 and Polyphony's perfectionism, it shouldn't of been a surprise it was delayed so much (but the wait will be worth it).

dont think anyone expected 1000 unique cars

but dont be suprised if u see 25 versions of the golf gti :laugh:

still... no porshe = a big blow

are there any big name cars missing from the forza title?

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they did, still all the GT4 cars are allegedly in there (and that is about 700 or so)...hopefully that means there is at least a Commodore VY SS, Monaro, FPV GT and FPV F6 Typhoon in high detail awesomeness :woot:

To the Forza question, don't think so I think Turn 10 have all the big names in there and they have full damage on all cars..*ahem* Polyphony. Ah well it doesn't matter, I plan to get Forza 3 and GT5 so I'm covered either way so I'm good :happy:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Gran Turismo never acquired the Porsche license ever. They got around that by acquiring the license to a shop/group that specializes in Porsche tuning.

I don't understand why PD could never get the Porsche license, they can get the VW, Audi, SEAT, and Lamborghini licenses which Porsche owns so why the problem, pretty goofy.

the 1000 cars is nothing more than a gimmick if there isnt a single porsche in the line up)

It's not a deal breaker but still a bit sad. No Porsches? :no:

When I had my X360 I tried the Forza 2 demo and Forza is not my cup of tea. :no: Maybe things have changed since the last racing simulator that I bought with my PS2 was GT3. :/ I like GT overall better, but I have to give it to Forza if they have damage on all their cars, while GT5 only a handful out of the 1000.

When I had my X360 I tried the Forza 2 demo and Forza is not my cup of tea. :no: Maybe things have changed since the last racing simulator that I bought with my PS2 was GT3. :/ I like GT overall better, but I have to give it to Forza if they have damage on all their cars, while GT5 only a handful out of the 1000.

I know what you mean, but it's changed since then. I remember when Forza first came out, I had both Forza on the Xbox and GT4 on the PS2 and as much as I tried I couldn't get into Forza at all. Sure it looks more beautiful overall then GT4, but GT4 just had a "grounded feel" that Forza just didn't deliver for me (Forza felt "floaty" to me) and also the details of the cars in GT4 was just amazing (at the time), Forza did have some nicely done cars but had quite alot of "bodged" ones that didn't even look slightly like their real world counterparts. Forza 2 though was a huge improvement in my eyes, it looked better and had a better feel. I still play it from time to time and I'm looking forward to Forza 3 and while I'm a GT fan first and foremost, Forza has proven to be a worthy (indirect) competitor to GT, considering what they achieved over a short space of time compared to GT. Still I guess it's down to personal taste, if you can't even like the much better and improved Forza 2, chances are Forza 3 won't float your boat either.