Anti-Virus For Windows 7 RTM x64

Microsoft Forefront Client Security works flawlessly

Which is what MSE is based on.

The two are the same client. Forefront for enterprise clients, MSE for the rest of us.

Avast is a parody of an antivirus.

My experience? If you need a good antivirus, I recommend Kaspersky. Unfortunately it's not free, but it's damn worth the price.

Havent tried Microsoft Security Essentials yet though, so if everyone's recommending it here, then it might be worth a try. I'd go for it.

Avast is a parody of an antivirus.

My experience? If you need a good antivirus, I recommend Kaspersky. Unfortunately it's not free, but it's damn worth the price.

Havent tried Microsoft Security Essentials yet though, so if everyone's recommending it here, then it might be worth a try. I'd go for it.

You won't look back to KAV. Its good (KAV), don't get me wrong. I also have a 2 year license to Avira as well, but I run MSE.

If that means anything. :laugh:

Installed Microsoft Security Essentials last night and I really like.. it's nice, light, very unobtrustive and really simple - everything I want from antivirus. It's something I begrudge having to run at all, but if I have to have it, I want it to be virtually un-noticable unless something bad happens.

So far, so good. Another positive feather in the cap for the Windows 7 experience :)

U have gotto try ESET Smart Security or Nod32, they both use very low system resources. Best in my opinion and performance is also greatttdd

Windows 7 built in firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials all works well for me :D

Same... no problems for me especially since im behind a router and a swtich lol.

quick question about MSE, whats it like compared to nod32 and kaspersky? i mean by finding viruses etc, not so much bout resources. Also with eset ss u get a pop up if u try and download a file that it thinks has a virus in and stops it, does mse have a similar function?

Tried Avira, OK nothing to say except if you want to buy it they force you to contribute to some charity fund, if not you keep the dailly nag but performance in term of detection is perfect as well as system load.

Nod is perfect in term of system load, but since their policy about malware is to forget about some trojan and other malware like keylogger I do not use it anymore

Tried MSE, there's clear system freeze when opening some folder or unziping files and scan at the same time.

Waiting for Blink to be supported on Windows 7... http://free-antivirus.eeye.com/

My next test will be norton 2010 maybeeeeee

Hello,

I looked here on ESET's support forum, and saw no mention at all of a false positive on World of Warcraft. Are you certain it was a false positive? Password stealing malware for WoW is very popular, because of the value of accounts and the items inside them and such things are often embedded in cracks and cheats for games. If ESET Smart Security quarantined the WOW.EXE file, then you should be able to restore it and see if it is still identified as a threat with the current virus signature database. If it is, then submitting it to their virus lab (instructions here) should give an explanation of what's going on.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hi Guy's

I am trying to look for a compatible antivirus product for Windows 7. I recently had ESET Smart Security on my laptop but after running a scan yesterday it deleted my WoW.exe (World of Warcraft) file as it thought it was embedded with a trojan, rubbish!! I Never had this on Vista which I stopped using earlier this week after upgrading to Win7.

So can anyone suggest a decent anti-virus with a light footprint on system resources and one that doesn't delete normal everyday programs?

Thanks in advance

Tried Avira, OK nothing to say except if you want to buy it they force you to contribute to some charity fund, if not you keep the dailly nag but performance in term of detection is perfect as well as system load.

Nod is perfect in term of system load, but since their policy about malware is to forget about some trojan and other malware like keylogger I do not use it anymore

Tried MSE, there's clear system freeze when opening some folder or unziping files and scan at the same time.

Waiting for Blink to be supported on Windows 7... http://free-antivirus.eeye.com/

My next test will be norton 2010 maybeeeeee

Easy workaround for the nagging.

My recommendation would be MSE, too. It's nice and light and updated literally everyday.

Comodo firewall and anti-virus combo seems to be very easy on resources (using 11 meg right now), and by turning off the Defense+ it also kills the "nag" messages. It's also free!

I realize that you were asking about anti-virus programs, but I like the combo myself.

I don't see how Microsoft Security Essentials is light at all, tried it for 2 days on Win 7 RTM 64-bit. The ram usage was consistently at about 80mb for one process and it ran several. Just installed avira and turned off all nagging

It does use up a fair amount of Ram but it is nothing compared to what most computers from the past few years have available anyway. The key is it doesn't seem to effect the cpu much if at all and Windows feels just as snappy as ever which I've found isn't the case with all the other Avs I've tried despite how low on resource usage they claim to be.

I don't see how Microsoft Security Essentials is light at all, tried it for 2 days on Win 7 RTM 64-bit. The ram usage was consistently at about 80mb for one process and it ran several. Just installed avira and turned off all nagging

Thats odd. my experience is not like that. ram usage is pretty low.