Anti-Virus For Windows 7 RTM x64

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 9.0.0463 which is the latest available and work very well. It doesn't seem to slow down my system.

But mind, the new 2010 versions need some tweaking in the options to make run even lighter.

Which is what MSE is based on.

The two are the same client. Forefront for enterprise clients, MSE for the rest of us.

Really? I didn't know that MS even had an enterprise solution - have it on my technet account too! How is forefront in terms of resources compared to MSE? Is it light and effective??

I don't see how Microsoft Security Essentials is light at all, tried it for 2 days on Win 7 RTM 64-bit. The ram usage was consistently at about 80mb for one process and it ran several.

MSE runs two processes; one as System, one as the user. If you have multiple users logged in, presumably each login will spawn one user process. The user process for me is 968 K, the system process is 36 MB.

In Windows 7 RTM (x86/x64):

Go For:

1. Kaspersky 2009 / 2010 (This one's more efficient at pulling viruses out of memory.)

2. ESET NOD32 4.0 (This works Awesome! lightest and fastest Anti-virus.)

3. Microsoft Security Essentials (Have tried only once don't how it works if somehow the virus gets loaded into memory due to packing techniques.)

I still think that real anti-virus is user awareness. :) Unless you don't play much with cracked files stuff.