• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

September 2009 Desktops

Grumpy Old Man    3
most people don't know where they got the image, or got them a long time ago, or downloaded it in a package, sorry we can't be in your perfect image world

You do realise that you have to have the image on your hard drive to make it your wallpaper? If someone is able to link their desktop then they're also able to find their background picture and link that too. There's really no excuse except laziness.

Lechio    15

KDE 4.3

Theme: default Air

Icons: Hycons

Dock bar: Daisy

17p9oy.jpg

+Frank B.    7,151

Mac OS X 10.6 'Snow Leopard'

Clean:

Screen%20shot%202009-09-01%20at%2013.13.20.jpg

Dirty:

Screen%20shot%202009-09-01%20at%2013.13.05.jpg

Wallpaper: 'Horizon' (comes with OS X 10.6)

Lechio    15
Thats actually really beautiful. Especially for being on linux :D

good job.

What distro is that? Or does it matter since you can customize kde or whatever to look like that on any of them?

Thanks. :)

I'm currently using Kubuntu. The only thing extra on my desktop (extra as currently not being distributed with a KDE desktop) is Daisy (it can be easily installed on any distro too), the other components are pretty much default. Some distros that use KDE make a few retouches and improvements here and there. But a KDE desktop is pretty much the same, and can be tweaked to the user's taste independently of the distro that is used.

FrostAM    26

Wallpaper: Earth Wind

post-201025-1251811148_thumb.jpg

Barney T.    2,345
what the hell barney, you realize that this forum automatically scales images down if they're too big... i thought the 100k limit was only if they're not externally hosted.

i and many other people have been posting the same sized images for the past 4+ months in these threads and now you gonna just edit everyones photos out and now i gotta repost cuz no one's gonna click on links to see images d00d

*edit* well nevermind, looks like i'm going to be uploading them to neowin's servers instead of photobucket because apparently neowin will actually resize the images inside the thread and you can still see the full size by clicking it... when you link them externally, neowin just scales the images (which keeps the sizes well over 100k)

so what's the point of externally linking then

MODS, please remove this if you would like.. If neowin would let me, I'd do it myself.

I understand your thoughts, however, I was looking today at this thread and it took a good while for the images to load, and then resize. I have cable, so it wasn't too bad. But for other users who do not, the images take a very long time to load.

I am NOT trying to be difficult at all here, I am just trying to make this thread user friendly for all. (Y)

Unconnected    0

I agree with the thumbnail thing, some people post really big images and its a bit of a pain sometimes...

splur    27
Sept 09

where did you get that wallpaper?

+Anarkii    2,255
*insert Felicia Day background here*

Most excellent Desktop Wallpaper mate :)

Syanide    632

Mine:

Theme: Shiki-Wine

Wallpaper: Aurora Borealis

Icons: Gnome-Wine

Programs: Cairo-Dock, Conky (conky config here)

screenth.png

Edited by Symod

Lord Nite    67
Awesome Batman Wall @Lord Nite, can you give the file name to Google in hope to find it?

I searched through the August desktops thread (where I got the wallpaper from), and came up with the link. I just put it as greyscale, and cropped it to fit my monitor (16x9 dimensions).

Damo R.    29,658
Most excellent Desktop Wallpaper mate :)

Victor Rambo    5,873

Nice chick you got there rappy ;)

jonhapimp    0
You do realise that you have to have the image on your hard drive to make it your wallpaper? If someone is able to link their desktop then they're also able to find their background picture and link that too. There's really no excuse except laziness.

some pictures are to big to thumbnail in there original size, you would know that if you tried. plus it would take more bandwidth if you do and nobody wants it

change my wallpaper

post-283376-1251819137_thumb.png

The_Wizard    0

Wallpaper: link

septwall7.jpg

Kyle A    5

Macbook Pro desktop

post-300136-1251823486_thumb.png

Dance.    21

stormx2, can you link your wallpaper?