September 2009 Desktops

Why do people use docks with Windows 7? YOU HAVE SUPERBAR

Clutter. Superbar looks horrible with a bunch of icons on it. Most people use more than 4 icon shortcuts, and anything more on the superbar than that, and it just looks out of place.?

Why do people use docks with Windows 7? YOU HAVE SUPERBAR

I've tried using docks on Windows but it's almost pointless, more so now with the superbar. I love the dock on my mac though.

i use windows seven, and use classic mode on the taskbar, so therefore a dock is needed.

... Which is why you have the Superbar... it creates less clutter and less desktop space usage.. it's out my world why people would use a dock with windows 7. The dock looks more out of place than having numerous icons/shortcuts attached to the superbar

... Which is why you have the Superbar... it creates less clutter and less desktop space usage.. it's out my world why people would use a dock with windows 7. The dock looks more out of place than having numerous icons/shortcuts attached to the superbar

Some people just like being able to customize things their own way. Everyone has their own preference and setup, even if it doesn't make much logical sense.

wow i accidently posted mine in the august thread right before it was closed, anyways here it is for September

<snip>

I think you know what I'm gonna ask for :p

re: use of dock vs superbar - I personally don't like icons on my taskbar, but do need a quicker way to access less-frequent things than typing in. Frequent things - tied to custom buttons on keyboard; less frequent things - in start menu pinned & on docks.

Actually, recently I've been struggling to use the new taskbar - to have windows collapse is quite hard to use when switching between many windows. I actually use alt+tab and just click on the thumbnail I think is the window I want. Hell I even start to make use of flip3d, lmao.

people on dial up, or on their mobile phones really shouldn't be browsing this topic anyways. Doesnt make sense.

I like being able to see all the images without having to click each link. This way i only click the ones i actually find interesting.

So people on broadband shouldn't be on here too. They have as much right to view this thread as we do. And you need to be mindful of people with usage limits. 2mb images and like 10 posts per page is 20mb!!!! Big waste for images

Still running good ol' Leopard on my MacBook Pro.

post-246302-1251765118_thumb.png

The wallpaper is a photo that I took when I went to Niagara Falls. If anybody wants it, just ask.

OK... I'll ask, May I get a link to your wallpaper? :)