iTunes 9

The Neowin IRC member (Mephistopheles) reported seeing 3.1.1 firmware for his iPod Touch, can anyone else confirm this?

The Neowin IRC member (Mephistopheles) reported seeing 3.1.1 firmware for his iPod Touch, can anyone else confirm this?

I can:

Screen%20shot%202009-09-09%20at%2021.08.48.png

There is too much white in the app now, the column headings, the white bg for the app section. Then they went and messed with the browsing columns :( gonna take some getting used to.

I honestly can't believe how ugly this app is on Mac OS X. All the glossiness, gradients and shadows are just horrible. :x

Yeah, I agree. It looked fine and unified before, and now they changed it to be very glossy again. Now it stick out yet again.

Seems Apple just can't stand consistency when it comes to iTunes.

Left side column browser, which makes a bit more sense given the popularity of wide screen displays.

wv1mqr.png

How did i miss this? I can stop bitching now... even tho the app is still ugly :p

Seem Apples even joining in adding Windows 7 features to there apps :D

2m46jj5.png

Do love the new itunes style, still WMP12>iTunes9 in my opinion tho :)

Edited by Tom Bonez

The only reason I use iTunes is cause i have a touch. Otherwise, I wouldn't use it. I still like WMP more (yes I meant WMP 12 as well)

Thats stupid why can't they just add a normal watch folder feature.

Interesting, it created an auto-add folder after I upgraded to ‘iTunes Media organization’. Anything in the folder is automatically added to my iTunes library now.

fji1qp.png

Left side column browser, which makes a bit more sense given the popularity of wide screen displays.

wv1mqr.png

Slight changes to preferences icons.

2w6s2fa.png

Organize to subfolders.

34oargj.png

That's nice. I have a widescreen monitor (don't we all?), and much prefer having my Dock and Taskbar (on Win7) to the left side to get more vertical screen real estate. Nice that iTunes now offers such a solution, too.

WHITE! Why it's WHITE? :|

The whole interface is now in White...

post-66198-1252523963.png

It was with black background before...

White has always been Apple's signature color, so that's probably why they've changed to white. Cover Flow on the iPod nano has always had white background, too.

2m46jj5.png

That's pretty nice. I know that Safari 4 for Windows 7 makes use of the new Taskbar APIs, too. Maybe Apple has more respect for Microsoft than I thought.

Interesting, it created an auto-add folder after I upgraded to ‘iTunes Media organization’. Anything in the folder is automatically added to my iTunes library now.

fji1qp.png

Yeah, that's interesting. I wonder how it actually handles the organization, though.

Also, does the iPhone OS 3.1 *FINALLY* support nested playlists?

I want FLAC support, I won't be using this again until FLAC works :(

You will be awaiting a long time my friend! :(

2m46jj5.png

Do love the new itunes style, still WMP12>iTunes9 in my opinion tho :)

imo its the other way around. but either way i'm happy for the windows 7 integration. :)