Windows 7 Taskbar bug

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone experienced this bug in the Win7 Taskbar:

After a few days of working with the system, the highlight on mouse over does not fade away when the mouse leaves the taskbar, instead, it stays "stuck".

For example, if you have a few apps open, and you hover over each one, each Taskbar button will shine in its own gradient colour, and when your remove the mouse from the taskbar, the highlight is gone and the button is back to normal. But with this bug, the the last task you hovered on stays highlighted even though the mouse left the Taskbar area.

Has anyone experienced this?

ya it happened frequently in rc builds but then it never appeared again in RTM until today, when i have to kill explorer to get rid of this. :huh:

I have this issue sometimes on my netbook (Samsung NC10, Intel Atom N270 with Intel GMA950, latest drivers from Windows Update) but never on any of the other machines I'm running 7 on (two laptops with Intel GMA X3100, one PCs with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 and one PC with ATI Radeon HD4850...

What kind of graphicscard do you have?

Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

Thanks! Will try that when the bug next time occurs.

• 1 month later...

Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english. I don't know is this a bug, I just found it.

So my taskbar's height is 2 units, and I can see both the date and time.

post-316868-1257033952.png

But in November, I only see the time:

post-316868-1257033570.png

I tried to fix it with killing and restarting explorer.exe, even restarting the computer too, but nothing happens. Also tried with other months, the problem is only with this month (November). Has anyone got an idea to fix it?

I had Google Chrome not appear on my taskbar once, it wasn't until I randomly checked Applications tab in task manager that I had it running still from yesterday, so I clicked "switch to" and it appeared back on the taskbar.

Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english. I don't know is this a bug, I just found it.

So my taskbar's height is 2 units, and I can see both the date and time.

[kep1.png]

But in November, I only see the time:

[kep2.png]

I tried to fix it with killing and restarting explorer.exe, even restarting the computer too, but nothing happens. Also tried with other months, the problem is only with this month (November). Has anyone got an idea to fix it?

Hi, I found a program called TClock Light so I solved my problem. Interesting bug..

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone experienced this bug in the Win7 Taskbar:

After a few days of working with the system, the highlight on mouse over does not fade away when the mouse leaves the taskbar, instead, it stays "stuck".

For example, if you have a few apps open, and you hover over each one, each Taskbar button will shine in its own gradient colour, and when your remove the mouse from the taskbar, the highlight is gone and the button is back to normal. But with this bug, the the last task you hovered on stays highlighted even though the mouse left the Taskbar area.

Has anyone experienced this?

Had this problem in the Release Candidate version of windows.. Had to keep restarting.. so if you havent switched, i think you should :)

• 2 weeks later...
Whenever it happens, shift + right click on entry on the taskbar (so the old context menu comes up) and then click elsewhere so the menu closes and the hover effect will correct itself.

I just registered to say Thank You! I've been frustrated with this bug for a while now (RTM), but your solution works every time.