• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple TV pricedrop

ccuk    48
lol, apple tv is such a horrible product when compared to similar devices.

Whilst I agree it really is fundamentally flawed, I do believe Apple have a potentially amazing device on their hands... They just need to loosen the grip on codec support, improve the hardware for 1080P output and in my opinion drop the hatred for optical media by way of adding a Blu-Ray drive.

Elliott    235
Whilst I agree it really is fundamentally flawed, I do believe Apple have a potentially amazing device on their hands... They just need to loosen the grip on codec support, improve the hardware for 1080P output and in my opinion drop the hatred for optical media by way of adding a Blu-Ray drive.

They're even resisting adding Blu-Ray drives into their computers. :p I don't think you'll see it in the AppleTV any time soon.

Rudy    457
They're even resisting adding Blu-Ray drives into their computers. :p I don't think you'll see it in the AppleTV any time soon.

They won't add Blu-ray to the appletv any time soon. This would make them lose sales on HD videos from iTunes

bob_c_b    13
The WD player as stated already in this thread, and I challenge you to tell me how apple tv is better than that, and also the popcorn hour A-110

And as soon as I can sync those devices with my iTunes library and buy content from iTunes with them, they will be as good as an AppleTV.

TruckWEB    480
And as soon as I can sync those devices with my iTunes library and buy content from iTunes with them, they will be as good as an AppleTV.

But you have to remember that NOT everybody buys stuff from iTunes. So, that's a feature you need, it's not universal.

Creamy    1

The big problem is....You can't play stuff from the iTMS on other devices. So you don't just buy the AppleTV. You buy AppleTV to use pay-per-view...