{OSx86} 10.6.1 Snow Leopard On HP Pavilion Laptop

Funny isn't it - all the hackintosh people always claim they're running "original store bought copies" yet they constantly get caught red handed with warez versions and promote them around the net.

*chuckle*

True. Apple, however, could grow a pair and release their product for everyone. There really wouldn't be the need for hacks if the OS had a good hardware support base. Of course this is never going to happen because Apple is a hardware company, and they lost the OS wars back in 1985 anyway (or by 1990).

Why must people put a 10 min videos to music(annoying music)? I mean seriously, why not just use 1 min of music and then use the rest of the time to talk and walking us through some stuff.

what a load of BS. It's apparent that this guy hasn't taken the time to learn anything about what he's talking about, and certainly little about HP laptops. If he knew anything, he'd know that all CTO laptops only come with the "series" name on them as they are built to order, only mass produced in store models get their own model number like a DV6139t to indicate what option package it had. Also, for your reference a DV6000t will always be intel due to the T at the end. If it were an AMD, it would be a DV6000z. This was true for HP laptops several years ago like the DV6000 and for current laptops like the DV6t. Get your facts straight before telling others what you were too lazy to find out.

I have a DV6000T, and i'm in the same boat regarding the keyboard/mouse. And currently this doc has a password on it preventing me from accessing it. When i find the appropriate kexts, i will post here so you can continue.

Yes, I made the mistake about the t at the end, but that still doesn't mean that different hardware combinations don't have different specific model numbers on them. The true model number (not the series number, which is the DV6000T or DV6000z) is on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop, just as I stated. The model I had, IIRC, was a DV6426T. It is still labeled on the top edge of the screen as DV6000T though. Perhaps if you went to Insanely Mac and looked around the forums there for posts by Bluedragon1971 (my name on there) you'd see that I did in fact know quite a bit about that series of notebooks. I was one of the people that was doing BIOS mods for them to allow the use of wifi cards other than the Intel ones that they came with. That is where I most often ran into problems with people thinking that all DV6000 series laptops were essentially the same. There was a wide variety of hardware used in that series, some of which was easy to install OS X on, some was virtually impossible at the time.

Whats the difference, just because you bought the retail discs doesn't mean the license they come with entitles you to install it on anything other than a mac

That's just awesome. I buy something from you, then you proceed to tell me what I can and can't do with it.

That's just awesome. I buy something from you, then you proceed to tell me what I can and can't do with it.

Oh Legal shmeagle lol

i didn't follow this guide but i successfully installed Snow Leopard on my DV7t-1000 the only thing that didn't work was my network card think it was the intell 5100. so i bought a new network card off ebay and everything worked fine