• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin DDoS again

Lindy|IPS    0

While we're all equally frustrated, please try to refrain from making instigating comments as it is really not helping the situation. I would also ask that you let us handle this situation rather than taking the matter into your own hands - which, incidentally, is the bulk of the problem here. :)

Thank you all for your continued patience and support while we work to resolve this issue.

Autoexec    0

Damn i was soooo bored at work yesterday afternoon :p good 2 c it back

nims    0

good to see neowin back!

persianpsycho    0

thanks for the informative post neobond, look forward to seeing this matter solved.

thollian    0

awesome to the site back!!

mxp    0

good to see its up again

we have a vip program????

fdiaz2day    0

vip is for ips staff... ;)

Sn00pY    11

using that style of a Denial of Service attack is very common these days - but its near enough impossible to stop...Juniper 5 Routers seem to be the best at it :/ but thats only from experience maybe i am incorrect in this assumpation.

Lindy: i dont believe people here are taking a form of DDoS attack into their own hands...but i believe "flaming" this kid or pming him or whatever can only lead to incrased attacks; that is if the attacker is him...remember you still dont know that for sure.

-Bye!

engmike8    0

thanks for all your hard work! it felt like 3-4 days not 18 hours (maybe i'm addicted :D )

does switching to lite help? also the grc site is pretty informative

Lindy|IPS    0
Lindy: i dont believe people here are taking a form of DDoS attack into their own hands...but i believe "flaming" this kid or pming him or whatever can only lead to incrased attacks; that is if the attacker is him...remember you still dont know that for sure.

That's exactly my point. The comments that are being slung back and forth are not helping the situation - at all. :)

Knight'    0

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 DAYS WITHOUT NEOWIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fdiaz2day    0
I would tell you about the conspiracy . . . but they are watching me

Whats that all about? :ninja: :unsure: :whistle:

FaRSightxc2    1

Good to be back - thanks to whoever posted http://groups.msn.com/neowinnet in the genral discussion the other day - helped me keep track, even when neowin was down :) :yes:

Toxicfume    7

Lets not begin accusing specific people or taking names, there has been no confirmation yet on who'se behind these attacks. Everyone knows how annoying and useless these attacks can be and just like the members, the stff and our hosts have had enough of it.

I wanted to repeat what neobond said about having firewalls and virus scanners installed for security. If anyone notices any strange activity(incoming connections) and/or think you have the zombie installed, it could be useful if you could send the firewall's incoming connection logs to us, which could lead to tracking the supposed attacker.

Samoa    0

THE CHANTING BEGINS....

NeOwin, NeOwin, NeOwin, NeOwin, ......(and the chanting continues)

Yahoo! Neowin is back! It will always be the best. Neobond and the rest of your horde keep up the good work! :D

Zero1    0

Glad neowin is back up was damned boring without it :p

Lindy|IPS    0

I've cleaned up a few posts from this thread. As I said before, speculation, defaming comments and slinging mud back and forth is not helping this situation. Please, let us deal with the issue at hand and do not add fuel to the fire. The sooner that happens, the sooner this can be resolved. :)

There's no need for further discussion on this at the present time.

xpfreak    0
I've cleaned up a few posts from this thread. As I said before, speculation, defaming comments and slinging mud back and forth is not helping this situation. Please, let us deal with the issue at hand and do not add fuel to the fire. The sooner that happens, the sooner this can be resolved. :)

There's no need for further discussion on this at the present time.

yeah theres really no need to discuss this any further

Lindy took the words right out of my mouth :laugh: ;)