Community

The pilot was pretty uninspiring to be honest.. the main character just seems like an unlikeable *******, the love interest is the stereotypical "independent free-thinker" whom he wants to win over, and the supporting cast is pretty boring (except Chevy Chase who is fine). There was only one laugh out loud funny part in the whole episode I'd say.. the part where Abed is like.. "what's going on? Are you all talking? am I deaf?" :p Otherwise, this gets a big "MEH" from me.

Whats the show really about? Is it a comedy?

Yep comedy. Dark or Dry is the way it would be described with the humor.

The main dude was a laywer but was disbarred, so he has to go back to Community college. Pretty much as simple as that.

Was not a huge fan. Chevy Chase fumbling around with the Hot Dog was sad to me as it was just not funny. He used to be so damn funny and now I feel like he is a shell of what used to be. Just felt bad for him. Other than that I like Joel McHale, The Soup is one of the best and witty shows on TV, I am just not sure this is good writing. Seems to want to be serious but then go for really low brow humor, so I don't know. Will give it one more shot but they have already begun to lose me.

Yep comedy. Dark or Dry is the way it would be described with the humor.

The main dude was a laywer but was disbarred, so he has to go back to Community college. Pretty much as simple as that.

Was not a huge fan. Chevy Chase fumbling around with the Hot Dog was sad to me as it was just not funny. He used to be so damn funny and now I feel like he is a shell of what used to be. Just felt bad for him. Other than that I like Joel McHale, The Soup is one of the best and witty shows on TV, I am just not sure this is good writing. Seems to want to be serious but then go for really low brow humor, so I don't know. Will give it one more shot but they have already begun to lose me.

Definitely agreed and I was hoping he would make a smooth transition. This show really needs to define what it wants to be but trying to figure that out from the pilot isn't always easy.

That deaf part near the end was pretty funny though like dt mentioned. :p

Did anybody watch this week's episode? If you haven't gotten a chance, watch it NOW. I agreed with the general consensus that the pilot was a little weak, but I was hopeful seeing as Joel McHale is a very funny guy. Well this week's episode stepped it up... I was laughing harder than I've laughed at any show in a long time (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy this show. The first few episodes were a bit strange I think the chemistry between the actors wasn't quite there yet but tonights episode felt more natural and I can see it being a series to watch. Although I do wonder how long a series like this can go on as you'd have to imagine them leaving college by Season 3.