Community

“Come with me if you don’t want paint on your clothes.”

Oh yeah, Community is going all “Modern Warfare” again, and we’ve got some exclusive details on the kickass season-ending showdown.

TVLine has confirmed that “Modern Warfare Redux,” as we have tentatively dubbed it, is definitely in the works (as a Vulture interview hinted last week), and in fact it is going to act as the two-part finale to Community‘s already stellar second season.

But don’t expect a carbon copy of Season 1′s smash hit. Sources close to the show tell us that while they expect fans to identify the episode as a sequel to the first installment, it is meant to be its own entity with a much different premise — à la not the same half-hour “action flick” we laid witness to last year.

This time around, the paintball war is not at all what it seems; there’s a bigger conspiracy afoot. The colorful game is much larger in scope, while the two-parter’s final twist is just too, too good to spoil.

We can reveal that Alison Brie’s Annie is central to the story — after all, poor thing was offed too soon in the original! — and will even face off against her very own nemesis, a student who happens to model herself after Greendale’s goody-goody. But don’t worry, the rest of the study group et al is involved in the fun, too.

As of now, NBC plans to air the new, yet-to-be-titled round of “Warfare” as an hour-long event, but there is still a small chance the network will parse it out over two weeks.

Side note: Check out the faux-news ticker scrolling the bottom of the screen during the February 24 episode. There may have been an Easter egg or two.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/communitys-return-to-warfare-exclusive-intel/

945284679.jpg

Community has had a hell of a run of guest stars: Patton Oswalt; Kevin Corrigan, LeVar Burton, Betty White, the Derrick Comedy team and more. Now EW says that Josh Holloway will make his first post-Lost TV appearance in the two-part season finale of Community. And it will be a sequel of sorts to the much-loved ?Modern Warfare? episode, in which a paintball tournament where the winner could have priority class registration turned Greendale Community College into a dayglo paint-spattered wasteland.

The actor will reportedly play ?a mysterious figure who shows up on campus during another game of paintball.? Looking forward to seeing his inevitable rivalry with Jeff Winger (Joel McHale) whether Ken Jeong?s Ben Chang will do his Scarface impersonation once again. But what I really want to see is Danny Pudi?s interaction with Holloway ? they could have been great together on Lost. And since the finale will have to stand up not only to ?Modern Warfare? but to the stop-motion Christmas episode, the zombie Halloween extravaganza, the D&D episode and possibly more by the time May rolls around, we might reasonably figure that Dan Harmon & Co. are planning something well over the top to close out the season.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lost-star-josh-holloway-guest-community-finale/

Just saw this topic pop back up and had to post about the irony. I created this topic back in September 2009 after I watched the first couple of shows. I was really into the show and thought it had some potential but apparently I was a little ahead of the curve because it really didn't start to get popular acclaim until sometime last year.

Not sure why I stopped watching after the first few episodes but it definitely sounds like I've been missing out!

Just saw this topic pop back up and had to post about the irony. I created this topic back in September 2009 after I watched the first couple of shows. I was really into the show and thought it had some potential but apparently I was a little ahead of the curve because it really didn't start to get popular acclaim until sometime last year.

Not sure why I stopped watching after the first few episodes but it definitely sounds like I've been missing out!

yep I have been keeping this thread alive with news and stuff and others as well! :)

but you need to catch up!

• 2 weeks later...