MAG Beta

Ah ok.

Do you need to earn access for each beta? Or for instance, will the winners of the Beta 2 codes via email also get access for the 3rd beta automatically?

Yeah everyone has access.

Beta 1/2/3 just refers to the large update packs they release around that date that fixes issues from the previous wave and also changes the player counts.

The last beta is only available through pre-order. For graphics etc, almost everything is placeholder text/graphics/animations or severely cut back. They still have months of work to do, and the build we have will almost always be older than the build they're working on. The last beta I was in, there were clearly missing textures on APCs and building etc (pink textures). This beta is only to test the servers and report any issues (press R1,R2,L1,L2 simultaneously).

The last beta is only available through pre-order. For graphics etc, almost everything is placeholder text/graphics/animations or severely cut back. They still have months of work to do, and the build we have will almost always be older than the build they're working on. The last beta I was in, there were clearly missing textures on APCs and building etc (pink textures). This beta is only to test the servers and report any issues (press R1,R2,L1,L2 simultaneously).

The EU beta signup was 16,000 applications that will be rolled out weekly over the coming weeks. If beta 3 does start on October the 12th they'll be people probably getting accepted into the EU beta like a week/days before then, which would be pretty harsh if they're kicked off for wave 3 :p

The EU beta signup was 16,000 applications that will be rolled out weekly over the coming weeks. If beta 3 does start on October the 12th they'll be people probably getting accepted into the EU beta like a week/days before then, which would be pretty harsh if they're kicked off for wave 3 :p

I'm not saying beta 3 is the last phase of the beta, I'm just saying the last phase requires you to pre-order. This is what I've been told by the devs.

The animations are extremely odd, laughable at best, recoil is pathetic, the terrains look pretty cheap, the water looks like something from 1995, health injector where in the world have I seen that before ( Actually the thing that made me thing of BC and compare it straight away ) game atmosphere seems non-existent especially the night-map because of those lit-up colours that makes everything look cheap and boring and the sounds are pretty bland.

You can immediately see and feel the cutbacks they had to make in order to accommodate the 256 players.

I agree on those things, but its beta. They still have a good 4-5 months to work on it and if they are not ready they can delay. I am pretty sure that some of the animations are not final. They can be just there until they get the animations fixed up and ready to go.

In phase 1 beta they didn't even have a grenade throw animation :p

Or a knife animation, or do they still not have that? :p

What are you talking about :huh:

Pretty self explanatory, in one of the beta videos above the guy says there is no knife slash animation so it's hard to tell when you're knifing someone.

WOW I forgot I had the power off system on after one hour of doing nothing and the PS3 turned off. 1GB wasted. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Phase 2 beta: open to Phase 1 participants and Qore subscribers starting on 9/17.

On 10/12, GameStop pre-orders will gain access to the beta.

On 11/8, Phase 1 participants and Qore subscribers lose access to the beta. If they wish to continue AFTER 11/8, they must pre-order from Gamestop.

On 11/20, the beta closes.

from the videos it looks almost complete, like there are a few things here and there which are placeholder-ish, mainly the animations... no knife, the running and crouching and jump animations look like theyre from some amateur mod of a game... but the level design looks quite nice, and i like how the sounds are muffled when theyre far away, or when your crouching or using the scope

the popping-up of details are quite noticable tho, if its already so obvious in standard quality youtube video i wonder how it is on a big screen tv...

720p videos

Player sucks, but at this res it lets you see all the place holder stuff, low res textures and things like flickering water. Game does appear to be running smooth though which I guess is the point in the beta...

Yeah emails are going out, check your inboxes. I got in also, but I'm not looking forward to all the downloading you supposedly have to do... Seems the initial client never gets repackaged so you need to download beta 1, then it upgrades to beta 2 and applies whatever patches have happened in the mean time.

Like reinstalling WoW all over again :pinch:

Give me a key and I might like the game, gief.

Munky give Sethos your key, you're too busy with uni :p

I swear I'll throw my dogs out my window if this downloads another update after this 2.6GB. Probably won't get playing till tomorrow at this rate...