best buy employee discounts?

After being in a best buy recently after the Playstation 3 is now $299. I am curious, how much could a best buy employee pick one up for?

I am told their discount is at cost + 5%, but what is a playstation 3 (ones for $299), the "At cost" rate for best buy?

they get diff discounts for diff items and sometimes they don't even get a discount, the best thing to do is to ask a best buy employee to punch in the web code and see what discount they get.

~X

they get diff discounts for diff items and sometimes they don't even get a discount, the best thing to do is to ask a best buy employee to punch in the web code and see what discount they get.

~X

Would they even do that for a customer who is curious?

from what I remeber, you got no discount on consoles as those are sold at cost...but other things like media, cables you get a big discount

Thats nice!

no they wont do it for a customer

and employees can get canned for selling/buying products for other people then theirselfs

from what my old roommate told me is bestbuy stuff (dynex, firefish) get a big discount as it doesnt cost them much to make (their mark up is 50%) where as other things such as tvs can be a few hundered off the retail price but then they are still limited to how much they can buy (like 1 big tv every 2 years)

they are employee discounts for a reason, they are for employees as a benefit for working for them they are not for the public

no they wont do it for a customer

and employees can get canned for selling/buying products for other people then theirselfs

from what my old roommate told me is bestbuy stuff (dynex, firefish) get a big discount as it doesnt cost them much to make (their mark up is 50%) where as other things such as tvs can be a few hundered off the retail price but then they are still limited to how much they can buy (like 1 big tv every 2 years)

they are employee discounts for a reason, they are for employees as a benefit for working for them they are not for the public

Sometimes it's a lot more than 50% on Dynex stuff and accessories. I remember buying something for about $2 that was about $20.

I work for a High Street retailer in the UK and they do not offer staff discount on technology as it would take it below cost price and we would have to pay tax on the amount.