Modded Xbox thread

My Limited Edition Green Xbox arrived today, Xecuter 2 chip, switch so I can turn it off and 40GB HD. Piece of cake to set up, plugged it into my router and set up the network and I was FTPing away :D

I'm mostly using Xbox Media Player at the moment, I've dumped a load of my DVD's that I've ripped on there, all my music, tonnes and tonnes of emulators and some of the games I've bought. It's been easier then expected and very, very cool.

I'm gonna take some photos of the console cause it looks so cool as well :cool:

Still yet to set up Xbox Live though, gonna wait for Lightfast ;) to get online so I don't mess it all up :laugh: :laugh:

Time to go and check out the PSOne emulator now :D ...

Congrats!

Got my Xbox today also (though no chip yet. I'm gonna order an X2 Lite tonight probably). It stays unused right now though, as I only have Sega GT and JSRF to play. Getting more games requires the X2 Lite *cough*

;)

isn't it true that if u modded your xbox.. u can't go on xbox live? Tell me if i'm wrong but i read it off of gamepro a couple months back that if u've modded your xbox that they ban u from their servers permanently.

One thing I'd be interested in doing if it's possible is having it default to XBMP 2.4 instead of EvoX and launching EvoX seperately if needed, vice versa to what I've got now, that would be cool because XBMP is so freaking cool, far superior to MCE from Microsoft when I tried that.

One thing I'd be interested in doing if it's possible is having it default to XBMP 2.4 instead of EvoX and launching EvoX seperately if needed, vice versa to what I've got now, that would be cool because XBMP is so freaking cool, far superior to MCE from Microsoft when I tried that.

I think it's in the XBMP Manual (www.xboxmediaplayer.de). I think basically you just move the XBE to C: on the Xbox and rename it to xboxdash.xbe. Is the FTP server in XBMP any good?

Very nice Dazzla, I will be waiting to see some pictures :D.. Btw how much did that cost you ?

And if you dont mind me asking, where did you puchase it from. I havent found any UK sites that offer pre-modded "Limited edition Xbox's" :alien:

isn't it true that if u modded your xbox.. u can't go on xbox live? Tell me if i'm wrong but i read it off of gamepro a couple months back that if u've modded your xbox that they ban u from their servers permanently.

Yes thats true that if you try to play online with the chip turned on. But as he has the switch, he can turn the chip on off for when he is playing online.

I think it's in the XBMP Manual (www.xboxmediaplayer.de). I think basically you just move the XBE to C: on the Xbox and rename it to xboxdash.xbe. Is the FTP server in XBMP any good?

Yeah, you just make a copy of your xbmp .xbe and rename it to evoXdash.xbe, place it in C drive, and place the shortcut (.cut) file that come with xbmp and edit it to point to your xbmp installation. By the way i also edited my bios so it boots from the F drive, so EVERYTHING on my C drive is exactly how it was when i bought it.

The ftp server in xbmp is better than evox's - it's a port of filezilla, lots of customizable options in the xml. Also, it supports fxp.

Post up some pictures! This sounds cool! I don't have an XBox but I plan on getting one after I buy a new computer. Also, do you know of any American sites where you can buy pre-modded ones with all the parts you have like the ModChip and switch and all that? If you don't mind me asking and you don't mind answering that is. :D

I've got a switch to turn the modchip off.
The ftp server in xbmp is better than evox's - it's a port of filezilla, lots of customizable options in the xml. Also, it supports fxp.

Is there something I have to do to enable that?

I've just enabled Xbmp 2.4 as my default dash when the chip is on by doing what you said, cheers :) Is there a way (or a decent reason) that I could launch EvoX from Xbmp 2.4 in the future?

i might get mine modded soon. i still thinking if it's worth it to spend $270.

i get a 120 GB HD + chip + 12 games + DVD funtion + $10 for any game i want to add on to it.

Is there a way (or a decent reason) that I could launch EvoX from Xbmp 2.4 in the future?

A reason you'll have to come up with yourself ;), but you should just have to add a shortcut in your Apps folder, that points to the EvoX xbe, and then you should be able to just select it in the XBMP launcher menu.

Well I messed it all up :o

Set XBMP as the default and forgot to change an e to an f in one of the ini's, I had no FTP access :s hunted for goddamn ages looking for a bootable EvoX CD then realised I could just create one from the backup I made earlier :blush:

Finally got everything up and running again (along with a nice little bootable restore CD for the future), I couldn't get FileZilla to work, it connected fine and listed all the folders, but it couldn't open them (FlashFXP) so I've resorted to EvoX at the moment.

Finally got everything up and running again (along with a nice little bootable restore CD for the future), I couldn't get FileZilla to work, it connected fine and listed all the folders, but it couldn't open them (FlashFXP) so I've resorted to EvoX at the moment.

This is just speculation, but it might be the passive setting in FlashFXP. Try setting (or unsetting, if it's already set) it Passive Mode.

Can't wait to play with my Xbox :D

nice dazzla

how much did the whole thing costed you?

and btw, i never modded any consoles, how hard is to install an modchip for an xbox, if you never done it before?

Get PSO :p

Its still the best online rpg (kind of rpg :p) ever :D

Had enough of that on DC

3x times

1st time I've played it :p