Modded Xbox thread

Hopefully you didn't try to use the 50w soldering iron.  It's hard even with a 30w iron :o

Yes, I did :)

Maybe I'll try again with the 15W tomorrow. We'll see how unbalanced my chemical values are (last day of school before the summer) ;)

Where can you get a 15w Soldering Pencil?

Almost any electronics store. In the U.S. I would guess Radio Shack (sp?).

Yeah, that was it. I've got XBMP as my dash now though, figured out the .cut files and it's all going sweetly. FTP has even started to work :happy:

Got a question.

DVDx2 hasn't exactly been flawless for me, and MSdash is no good because I have region 1 and region 2. Xbmp is also buggy at playing DVD's. Is there an alternative?

Got a question.

DVDx2 hasn't exactly been flawless for me, and MSdash is no good because I have region 1 and region 2. Xbmp is also buggy at playing DVD's. Is there an alternative?

Try DVDxv1, it patches your current MS Dash so that it can play any region dvd using the standard MS DVD Player.

Rookies, my brother installed my chip with a his soldering iron @ 75 watts, he says it's better that way because you can get in and out quickly.

lol, you're calling everyone rookies, but you couldn't even do it yourself... :rolleyes:

i might get mine modded soon. i still thinking if it's worth it to spend $270.

i get a 120 GB HD + chip + 12 games + DVD funtion + $10 for any game i want to add on to it.

who's that in ur sig? lol

XBOX SUCKS PS2 OWNS U!

jk jk. i own a ps2, and with all of the xbox modibility, the xbox is looking better and better. if i had money to fork over i'd deff get myself one of these modded xboxes. :)

i might get mine modded soon. i still thinking if it's worth it to spend $270.

i get a 120 GB HD + chip + 12 games + DVD funtion + $10 for any game i want to add on to it.

Ex-nay on the iracy-pay :whistle:

There's no TV-in on the Xbox. But then again you can record streaming internet music to the HD, I guess their could be a way. Either TV over internet or maybe something like a TV card on your PC then streamed over to the Xbox.

I've got a quick question for those using XBMP as their dash. FTP works for me but I get disconnected after a certain while, how do I alter that?

I've edited filezilla.xml to say this:

<Item name="Timeout" type="numeric">999999</Item>

<Item name="No Transfer Timeout" type="numeric">999999</Item>

but that doesn't seem to do anything.