[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

If you can't wait for this to come out like me, I just scored a ticket to this:

Uncharted 2 Sneak Peek on the Big Screen

I get to see Nathan Drake kick some butt on a giant HD movie screen! You get to give the game a try too if you go. The page says it's all sold out, but they're doing one on October 6th too at these theaters. I have friends who are trying to score tix too. Thought i'd pass this along since i'm not the only one frothing at the mouth about this!

With all the hype surrounding this game, I picked up the first one (Drake's Fortune) to see how it is... And was a little disappointed. Anyone else think the story was kind of boring and generic? It's no doubt better than your run of the mill shooter, but I just expected more given all the rave reviews out there for it. Plus it seemed really short.

Still, looking forward to 2, and glad to hear the tearing is gone :)

With all the hype surrounding this game, I picked up the first one (Drake's Fortune) to see how it is... And was a little disappointed. Anyone else think the story was kind of boring and generic? It's no doubt better than your run of the mill shooter, but I just expected more given all the rave reviews out there for it. Plus it seemed really short.

Still, looking forward to 2, and glad to hear the tearing is gone :)

The story wasn't that bad, I only thought they focused too much on shooting, felt like playing Gears of War.

I'm hoping for a bigger focus on puzzles this time.

Reviews so far

Gray Online - 97/100 - 9.7/10

XTGN - 10/10

Meristation - 9.5/10

PSM France - 10/10

Gamereactor (Finland) - 9/10

Gamereactor (Denmark) - 8/10

Consoles Plus - 9.5/10

Official Playstation Magazine UK - 10/10

indian video gamer - 10/10

Gorilla Jumpers - A+/A+ - 10/10

Official Playstation Magazine USA - 5/5 - 10/10

Gamereactor (Norway) - 9/10

E4G - 9.8/10

IGN - 9.5/10

GameBlog.fr - 5/5 - 10/10

GamesRadar - 10/10

PSM3 - 21/20 - 10.5/10

Japanese box art :p

1254193591247.jpg

I think the multiplayer demo is available to everyone today?

I think the multiplayer demo is available to everyone today?

Yep, Public Multiplayer demo is out today, see you online.

I played a couple of matches last night, I find it fun, and very smooth experience.

So help me, if I follow any of you on Twitter and you turn the twitter status feeding option on in on this game, I will find you and beat your knee caps in with a rusty spade.

One of my friends on Facebook had her settings as on in her advanced copy for a review, and it spammed my Facebook page status' like nothing else under the freaking Sun.

Turn it off. Trust me. Or else you'll **** off -everyone-.

That said,

Have fun with the game guys. :p

Twitter Update: #UNCHARTED 2

So we?ve seen some concern about the frequency of updates for those choosing to use UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves? Twitter support. Some reviewers have had early access to the game and selected the option to update their Twitter accounts as they completed each chapter of the game. This has resulted in some Twitter feeds being updated multiple times an hour. We obviously want to provide the best experience for everybody, so for the time being we?ve disabled Twitter updates on chapter completions. The option will still exist in the menus when the game ships on 10/13, but if activated, it will do nothing. Some time after the game has shipped, we?ll release a patch to reactivate the feature, but with a limit on the frequency of updates.

We?re certainly sorry for any inconvenience, but I guess that?s the risk you run when trying to blaze a new trail in the complicated world of Social Media!

And the 140 character version:

Heard concerns about Twitter chapter updates for UNCHARTED 2. We?ve just disabled it but will patch soon to reactivate with frequency limits

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/twi...te-uncharted-2/

If you get a platinum trophy or reach a milestone on multiplayer I think it's fine tweeting that, but chapter progression was stupid. I'd of turned that off myself before playing anyway. Woah, you reached a new chapter, so is everyone who plays the game goi:p to do that :p

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/twi...te-uncharted-2/

If you get a platinum trophy or reach a milestone on multiplayer I think it's fine tweeting that, but chapter progression was stupid. I'd of turned that off myself before playing anyway. Woah, you reached a new chapter, so is everyone who plays the game going to do that :p

Good.

This means I can retract my statement about beating you peoples shins in with a rusty spade and put my rusty spade away for another day...

Joystiq (no score review)

The quality of the storytelling, from visual fidelity to the writing, embarrasses other games. Seriously, it's almost depressing when you realize no other developers are putting this level of effort and heart into supporting gameplay with story. Of course, the narrative is helped in no small part by Nolan North and the rest of a cast that appears to have never been told that video game voice actors don't try this hard.

Kotaku (no score review)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves succeeds in as many ways as possible: It had me telling myself "just one more chapter" from the first to the 26th. It made me laugh at jokes and mutter in annoyance at characters. And for a moment at the end, touched me.

I'm not one to say something is the best ever or to dole out perfect scores, and Uncharted 2 does have its share of trivial issues, but to date, Naughty Dog's second adventure with Nathan Drake appears to be the best experience hitting a console this fall.

The only thing on the Kotaku hated list is Twitter! :laugh: