[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I finally got around to playing some of the open beta last night and was really impressed! The levels look and play incredible and the game play seems nicely balanced. Can't wait for the full release now! :D

The multilayer demo/beta is pretty fun. It fails to hold my interest for longer than about 20 minutes though, it seems. I think I need more than the standard 3rd person shooter fair nowadays.

Yep I had a few games, I just don't like the whole 3rd person view and then needing to toggle aiming, doesn't feel fast enough for my liking in multiplayer.

The multiplayer is pretty fun, had my best round last night in death match managed to kill 35 with only 4 deaths, one thing i do hate is the random spawn points, i can see why they do it with the maps being small and a high chance of spawn camping, but Sometimes i walk out of a building and have to quickly get my bearings while doing a double take on left and right.

My other concern is whether the multiplayer will quickly diminish in terms of user base, as when modern warfare 2 hits i would imagine a large number of users jumping across to that, as up until last night i was constanly waiting around 10 minutes to get in to a match

Edit: Anyone know the level cap in uncharted 2 multiplayer, also seems like co op arena will be the quickest way to level

Damn, this game really cannot come out soon enough. I cannot wait!

Indeed DL although it's the single player that i'm most looking forward to tbh. Maybe I will grow to like/enjoy the multiplayer but what I played in the Beta just didn't feel as good as a traditional FPS game.

Indeed DL although it's the single player that i'm most looking forward to tbh. Maybe I will grow to like/enjoy the multiplayer but what I played in the Beta just didn't feel as good as a traditional FPS game.

Nah yeah, definetely agreed. While I may play the MP a little, it is not what I am looking forward to at all. It is all about the SP to me. Especially with MW2 coming out, honestly the Uncharted 2 MP does not stand that much of a chance of getting played all that much by me. And I actually kind of liked it during the beta, thought the transition from SP to MP controls was done extremely well, I just know other games will get my attention way more.

I'll have to convince my semi close friend with a PS3 to get it. I'm about as interested in the multiplayer as Bioshock 2's :p, but I really want to try the SP. Haven't got to play a game with a solid SP in a while. It will be nice to try a game that was built around the SP first before the MP. Sadly though, I have a feeling with classes/homework, if my friend does get it, it might have to wait until the finals week. :(

Really loving the mutli player atm! Raging i was one kill off 15 streak but the game ended...14-0 was ok thou :p got the "Perfect" medal!

Just finished a game there now against a guy who was level "IV" :s anyone know wat level that is? i think he said something over 100!

just got the demo going this evening.. nothing short of amazing. so much fun.

it doesnt even feel like a demo. they packed so much into it. even the cinema tools! :D

just got the demo going this evening.. nothing short of amazing. so much fun.

it doesnt even feel like a demo. they packed so much into it. even the cinema tools! :D

how big is the demo?

anyone know if they are releasing the 250 gig uncharted 2 bundle in uk and how much?

I searched online and apparently an Uncharted 2 250GB bundle was leaked. It's been rumoured to be ?299.

Although, some 250GB bundles were announced as ?285 weren't they?

It only does Uncharted 2 :p

It Only Does UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

It?s an incredibly exciting time for PlayStation. We?re experiencing tremendous momentum on the new 120 GB PS3 and yesterday launched the PSPgo which press are touting as an ?evolutionary step-up model? and ?the most high-powered handheld video-game machine on the market.? And we haven?t even started talking about one of the most anticipated games this year, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, which is just around the corner.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is blowing everyone away. It is the best adventure yet from the Naughty Dog team and is well on track to be one of the best games of all time with a 97% rating on Metacritic and 14 perfect review scores. Some are saying that, ?if this were a movie, it?d gross a couple hundred million dollars? (thanks GamePro), and many are calling it one of the year?s best action-adventure games. It?s probably an understatement when we say we?re excited for the release. And based on the pre-order numbers, we know many of you will be very busy on October 13.

In my earlier posts about our ?It Only Does Everything? campaign, I mentioned that Kevin Butler won?t just be focusing on the PS3?s hardware superiority but would also be rolling out software specific advertisements. We?re excited to give you a sneak peak at the first of these spots, showcasing UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. In this next installment in our campaign, Kevin fields a ?Dear PlayStation? question from a conflicted boyfriend facing the dilemma of telling his girlfriend that UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is not actually a movie, but in fact, a game. We hope you enjoy what a lot of people here voted as one of their favorite spots in the campaign.

We?re only just getting warmed up for the holiday and still have a bunch more spots to unveil. Tell me what you think and get out and pick up this game! I?ll leave you with the quote from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, ?Forget ?game of the year.? This is one of the best games of all time.?

Enjoy!

Peter

Video: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/it-.:p-among-thieves/

Love these ads :p

I love how they've gone back to their roots with the ads. The PlayStation ding at the beginning and end are what lets people know what the ad is really about.

I pre-ordered my copy last night. Never thought i'd be pre-ordering a PS3 game :p

i cannot wait for this!

Are we going to be having some Neowin MP matches happening?