Why do CeX stores not have phone numbers?

What a joke, I want to see if a few around London have any wired 360 controllers and I can't call any of them to see if they have them in stock. I don't see how that is any advantage to running a business because surely people like myself just go and shop elsewhere?

I checked their facebook page just in case someone had asked on there and this was their reply:

4. and probably most importantly.. THERE ARE NO PHONE NUMBERS FOR THE CEX STORES!!!..... please please please stop asking for them! lol. if you need to contact our customer service department you can email them on wecare@webuy.com. we do nothing by phone so your barking up the wrong tree! :p

Because their wouldn't answer the phones.

Why don't you visit their website which has a stock checker.

Why visit their facebook page:p

I didn't realise you could check the stock via the item page. The facebook link at the bottom of their homepage was more evident.

• 6 years later...

I've got the same issue today - I've got an item I want to buy at one of their stores, their nearest store to me is 30 miles away in Kidderminster, and they have one of that item in stock at present.  I don't really want to drive all the way over there only to find out the item has been sold, because the next nearest shop that has stock is Hereford, and at present that's about 32 miles away from me, but if I go to the Kidderminster shop then it's about 40-50 miles away.  It's ok in somewhere like London where there is a shop on every corner and you can just go to the next shop if they ain't got it but when the nearest shop is 30 miles away and you take a gamble whether or not the item is sold by the time you get there, and there is no way to reserve it on the website.  Pretty lame, I much prefer CEX to Game but I might just deal with Game over this purchase 'cos at least they have a phone number and will hold it for me whilst I get over there, and I know I could order it online and have it delivered but to be honest the last few times I've ordered stuff online with CEX half the stuff that turned up wasn't what was ordered, we'd received damaged discs that wouldn't play, disney infinity arrived with a missing base, sent it back, base turned up but disc didn't, and finally disc turned up but no box at which point we decided screw it we've got the disc, we've got the base and characters, I really can't be bothered pursuing them over a DVD box.  CEX really need to buck up their ideas or else they're going to be losing more and more customers.

• 1 year later...
  • Nick H. locked this topic