Windows 7 House Party

Yeah, I hope I get in. Would be nice to get Win 7 Signature Edition. Even though I have technet.

yeah i mean theers *cough*other ways*cough * to obtain a fully working copy..... but i would like to get the actual in a box witha product key dvd of this...... i actually think it might increase the resale value of my computer should i sell it with that on there.......

or keep it...

i cant wait... if i get approved i prolly wond sleep on october 9th -10 waiting for my kit to be posted to me

Sorry, didn't mean to seem hostile, just a bit annoyed I missed out (I applied to late :( im not sure if ill get the email) and I was tired. Oh well :) (I got the same thing as Aussie.)

Totally understood, I was actually not in the best of moods when I wrote that as well, so apologies as well. And good luck getting in. I still am of the mindset I will believe it when I see it, but it is looking like it is going to go down so I wish all good luck who try to get in. :yes:

Looks like there are going to be a lot of Windows 7 parties out there after the release :)

Anyone doing anything to make their party stand-out?

Yeah, we're setting up technics 1210's, and playing loads of oldskool, so should be a real party.

Hopefully gonna stream it out over Messenger too.

Will let peeps know messenger address closer to the time :)

I think the party hosts have already been chosen folks.

So don't get your hopes up if you applied late.

I too, applied late, and I'm not going to keep my hopes up.

i just got this when logging in

Not a Finalist

Sorry, your application was not among those selected for this event.

Many applied and spaces were limited. Don't be discouraged..

ohwell i tried

I am sorta confused... I got this early this morning:

Congratulations! You are confirmed as a Windows? 7 Launch Party host.

Windows? 7 is about to launch worldwide, but you?ll be receiving a limited Signature Edition of Windows? 7, before the worldwide release date.

... but no mention of a party pack. Is that for the US only?!

Thanks!

So I actually emailed their support when the whole thing went down with getting the emails out of order, just because I wanted to see what they would say, and I got my response today, it is indeed fully legit, and although I was pretty much convinced at this point it was, just nice to have full verification.

i just got this when logging in

Not a Finalist

Sorry, your application was not among those selected for this event.

Many applied and spaces were limited. Don't be discouraged..

ohwell i tried

Mine said that this morning as well, but this afternoon I received an email stating that I had been chosen, then, I logged back into houseparty.com, and it indeed said I had been chosen--really strange. Anyway, I just wanted to say, don't give up!

Also, I just applied yesterday, so not sure why I made it in.

I don't know if anyone that's been confirmed has seen it, but...

The 25 character product key included in the inside left panel of the 32 bit Signature Edition (black sleeve) should be used for either 64 or 32 bit installation. The key is only good for one installation.

You guys are lucky... didn't get one email yet except for the verification :(

You should have gotten 2 email's when you signed up. One wanting you to confirm you House Party registration and another one wanting you to confirm your House Party application. Are you sure you confirmed both of them? Have you checked your spam folder? The 1st two email's came thru fine, but the others were flagged as spam.

I don't know if anyone that's been confirmed has seen it, but...
The 25 character product key included in the inside left panel of the 32 bit Signature Edition (black sleeve) should be used for either 64 or 32 bit installation. The key is only good for one installation.

That shouldn't change anything. If you need to install more than once, it's simple to call up MS and explain why.

You guys are lucky... didn't get one email yet except for the verification :(

Go to the site and log in. I've seen that emails aren't sent until you actually log in. Happened to me.

i was wondering... is this the full or the upgrade?....... does anyone know i know its the signature edition so i would guess its a full edition?

It's the full edition

UK site is slooooooooooow tonight, I cant get in to my party lol?

I pre-order windows 7 home prem and I am now hosting a party :D So does it make sense for me to cancel my pre-order?

No brainer :)