• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Blu ray question

monique    0

If I am using a PC as a media center and I have the resolution set to something like 1024x768. Will this effect my blu-ray playback? I know blu ray is like 1080p, but will it will still work and look good on 1024x768?

notuptome2004    164
If I am using a PC as a media center and I have the resolution set to something like 1024x768. Will this effect my blu-ray playback? I know blu ray is like 1080p, but will it will still work and look good on 1024x768?

what type of TV is your PC connected to and what type of connection .

testroom_9    0

1080p = 1920?1080, if you have your singal set to 1024x768 then irrespective of what connections and screen you have - its not being shown in 1080p

obviously if you were to change to 1920?1080 then you would need connections and screens capable of supporting it.

edit:

sorry, didnt answer the question..... as that resolution is an accurate resolution for reading on a screen from only a foot or so away (pc monitor) then i think the difference will be small in the grand scheme... from a few meters it will look near perfect!

should be:punk:k: for BD

basically the best is 1080p with hdmi yada yada but its not that easy to tell the difference between 1080p, 1080i, 720p etc unless they are next to each other......