Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Released

heres my fastest time

no assists, apart from ABS, and manual gearbox

10520_152784993880_600368880_2681345_2801357_n.jpg

:woot: nice one babe

i know you will be attempting to beat that before i get home tomorrow :yes:

Again why is it just for GOLD only, that is gay, PS3 is free yet we got to pay to just PLAY A DEMO? Microsoft really going downhill for me now!

Again why is it just for GOLD only, that is gay, PS3 is free yet we got to pay to just PLAY A DEMO? Microsoft really going downhill for me now!

Gold always gets demos a week earlier than Silver. nothing new here.

nope, controller, i dont have a wheel for the 360

and thanks for the comment :) i got that on my 10th lap lol, kept chipping away little by little each lap till i hit my 'wall' I think i might be able to go about .300 faster but thats it

Aiming for a time in the high 1.14 ? ;)

Another reason to that is bandwidth. They don't want everyone at the same time downloading it !

And if you bothered reading the thread, you can get it here and burn on a dvd. It will work just fine.

Wow! Those graphics are nice!!

I downloaded it. I played on easy, i was like oh wow this is easy. Then i cranked it up to hard. Within 15 seconds a red 911 pushed me off the track.. :laugh:

I think when I get some more time i'll hook my wheel up and see how I fare.

The demo isn't that great to be honest. The cars sound the same as they did in F2...on the bright side, the graphics are much improved, and I really like the menu system.

But other than that I like NFS: Shift over the F3 demo :/

Well it keeps the Gold subscribers happy! they pay for their subscription, therefore they are entitled to getting things before those who get it for nothing, be patient or just pay up and get a Gold subscription!

Another reason to that is bandwidth. They don't want everyone at the same time downloading it !

And if you bothered reading the thread, you can get it here and burn on a dvd. It will work just fine.

That too!

Silver won't get the demo till next week, but we'll be able to download it off the net soon! Just burn the demo to a DVD and it will work. I did that with the Japanese RE5 demo when it came out.

<snip>

Thanks to Audioboxer's suggestion (and 2xSilverKnight's link) I downloaded it and burnt it to a DVD :) it's not bad, visually it's definitely better then Forza 2 but my version seems to suffer from some awful loading times, popup and slow downs during races...that just me? (I'm assuming it might be due to me attaining it by *other* means, so I'll hold those judgments till my full version copy arrives in a months time). Overall not bad at all though :) and looking forward to getting my copy of the full version end of next month.

However, all that said GT5 has not much to be worried about. The cockpit view is a letdown, GT5P (and obviously GT5) have full 3D cockpits you can looks side to side and behind...FM3 doesn't seem to have this? unless it was just cut out the demo? and while the cars look gorgeous GT still has the edge and the handling...well I'll need more time before passing judgment on that. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but going by the demo it's hardly the "GT killer" we all thought it would be. Well that is my opinion take with a grain of salt.

Thanks to Audioboxer's suggestion (and 2xSilverKnight's link) I downloaded it and burnt it to a DVD :) it's not bad, visually it's definitely better then Forza 2 but my version seems to suffer from some awful loading times, popup and slow downs during races...that just me? (I'm assuming it might be due to me attaining it by *other* means, so I'll hold those judgments till my full version copy arrives in a months time). Overall not bad at all though :) and looking forward to getting my copy of the full version end of next month.

However, all that said GT5 has not much to be worried about. The cockpit view is a letdown, GT5P (and obviously GT5) have full 3D cockpits you can looks side to side and behind...FM3 doesn't seem to have this? unless it was just cut out the demo? and while the cars look gorgeous GT still has the edge and the handling...well I'll need more time before passing judgment on that. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but going by the demo it's hardly the "GT killer" we all thought it would be. Well that is my opinion take with a grain of salt.

Uh the cockpits are fully 3D (and on all cars, which I believe they said something about not happening on GT5), and you can look to the sides and back by using the right stick. if you pull it forward and drag it to the sides along the "edge" you can also pan around and not just snap. though snapping is more usefull for a quick look to the sides, which I guess is why they did it.

Cockpit view is silly anyway, you can't play seriusly in a view that no matter how good you make it, significantly reduces how much you see out. afterall you're still just playing on a TV where the view is already smaller than most windscreens, and form a significant distance away from said tv as well. Hood view or hood view without hood is the way to go.

I only had a few laps then turned it off... I enjoyed the sound of the R8 but it didn't feel like Forza as I know it. Track felt really claustrophobic and too cramped, handling / braking seemed far more generous & easy (like you really had to try to screw it up!) and as I couldn't set up the controls how I liked them, I got annoyed with playing after a few minutes.

I will probably pick up the full game but - the demo hasn't blown me away. Graphics are nice tho :)

Did the same thing since I dont have an internet connection on my 360 right now.

Loading times were horrible, it was choppy sometimes, mountains loaded late, sounds glitched, etc.

To the people who DL'ed it from live: How are the laod times because I was waiting 2-3+ minutes to load it seemed.

overall though i like it and will probably get it; its a step up from Forza 2 in terms of everything IMO.

Thank you, nice site will download now, O so Silver gets demos after wards.. lol

Uh the cockpits are fully 3D (and on all cars, which I believe they said something about not happening on GT5), and you can look to the sides and back by using the right stick. if you pull it forward and drag it to the sides along the "edge" you can also pan around and not just snap. though snapping is more usefull for a quick look to the sides, which I guess is why they did it.

Cockpit view is silly anyway, you can't play seriusly in a view that no matter how good you make it, significantly reduces how much you see out. afterall you're still just playing on a TV where the view is already smaller than most windscreens, and form a significant distance away from said tv as well. Hood view or hood view without hood is the way to go.

HawkMan why would they be 3D in Prologue and not 3D in GT5. They are, you can look around the whole car, heck that's the reason head tracking is being implemented in GT5.

I've played the demo, I enjoyed it, liked it better than Forza 2. Some of the crash physics can be a bit wonky, but it is nice having decent crash simulations, GT5 needs to work on this. Graphically it's great, GT beats it in car models/interior but it's environments beat GT.

I liked the handling.

Looking forward to the final game next month :D

Yeah I know they are 3D, I just meant you couldn't look side to side and back, inside the cockpit...my bad on that, I found out you can glance side to side inside the cockpit but you can't look back inside the cockpit (well you can but you can't see the rear window etc if that makes sense?). I love cockpit view personally, really adds to the experience for me. In GT5P I play that exclusively in cockpit view (and will be doing the same in NFS:Shift when it eventually arrives...) the only games I actually avoid cockpit view cam in is Racedriver: GRID and rally games (prefer bumper and chase cam for those respectively).

Dude.... 3 month card, $20.

Anyway, played the demo yesterday. It looks so much better than F2, but plays almost the same as F2 also minus the cars feel like they're more gripped to the track. Picked up the premium theme which is kind of meh since the backgrounds are screenshots of the scenery in the demo, and also grabbed the jacket and gloves for my avatar :D

Google Qore, it's the same on the PS3.

The demo isn't that great to be honest. The cars sound the same as they did in F2...

I'm glad they do, they're excellent.

Im glad some demo's are gold users only. Another benefit of having a gold membership, dont pay it and you dont get ya demo's, simple as.

Forza 3 is a single player demo, it doesn't even have an online component. Why require an offline demo to have an online (MP) enabled 360?

I know people with Gold like feeling like they're getting perks, but it's really going low when every single demo is getting a 1 week exclusive pass. Demo's are to sell games, they've never been a premium item. I've seen Qore has already been ragged on, as of late it's just been beta access, not demos, beta access that is still provided to people without it in other ways (I'm in Uncharted 2/MAG betas, but I can't even use Qore). When Qore did do it with demos, it was just as stupid as well.

I'm sorry but I don't see this as a very defendable thing, no matter what platform it's on. Exclusive demos are even more lame than exclusive DLC, "at least" developers get a pay cheque out of selling themselves out over DLC, I have no idea what they get from doing it with demos. It's even more stupid when it's a multiplatform demo and every PS3 owner is downloading it the same day only Gold owners can download it on the 360.

I'm just glad you can burn 360 demos to a DVD!

Edited by Audioboxer

Forza 3 is a single player demo, it doesn't even have an online component. Why require an offline demo to have an online (MP) enabled 360?

I know people with Gold like feeling like they're getting perks, but it's really going low when every single demo is getting a 1 week exclusive pass. Demo's are to sell games, they've never been a premium item. I've seen Qore has already been ragged on, as of late it's just been beta access, not demos, beta access that is still provided to people without it in other ways (I'm in Uncharted 2/MAG betas, but I can't even use Qore). When Qore did do it with demos, it was just as stupid as well.

I'm sorry but I don't see this as a very defendable thing, no matter what platform it's on. Exclusive demos are even more lame than exclusive DLC, "at least" developers get a pay cheque out of selling themselves out over DLC, I have no idea what they get from doing it with demos.

I'm just glad you can burn 360 demos to a DVD!

Just drop it... Gold users get it one week early, there are no exclusive demos. Everyone else will get it in a few days.

Just drop it... Gold users get it one week early, there are no exclusive demos. Everyone else will get it in a few days.

You missed my edit, it's hardly "early" when it's a multiplatform demo every PS3 owner is downloading the same day. Happened with FIFA just recently.

I will stop, but I will never defend the stupid demo policy Live/Qore pass out, it's lame as hell.