The New Me.

Good job Warwagon! Looking much better now, and grats to you for getting off your ass and doing something about your problem if only more people would follow suit! ;)

Dunno, it for fat once it they had it's nuts ripped off!

his nuts got ripped off cause it was too fat?? LMAO XDXDXDXDXDXD

• 4 weeks later...

I pretty much have literally the exact same story, except mine is currently at the part where I am back up to 195. Not horrible considering where I came from, but could be better, especially since I know where I once was.

I weighed 226, and like you had decided enough was enough. Went to my local sports store, purchased a decent but cheap bike, and started riding it. I also gave up all drinks except water. I was down to 185 within a few months. Felt great. Kept at that weight for almost a year, and then she came back into my life.

What I can only describe as my arch nemesis, Iced Tea, introduced herself back into my life. I am very weak when it comes to her temptress ways. I especially like putting her into the freezer until she turns into the perfect slushie consistency. At first it was only one cup a day as a reward. That lasted a good 6 months to a year. Then it eventually became 2 cups. I am now back up to about 3 cups a day. Damn bitch gets a hold of me good sometimes.

Plan on giving her up soon once again, riding the bike, and also taking my puppy for long walks. Hope to be back down to 180 this time around in about 3-4 months. It is really damn hard keeping the weight off. Sucks.

What a great success story. Some people don't realize what a challenge it can be to lose weight. I must say the change is impressive and very inspirational.

John Brancela

I pretty much have literally the exact same story, except mine is currently at the part where I am back up to 195. Not horrible considering where I came from, but could be better, especially since I know where I once was.

I weighed 226, and like you had decided enough was enough. Went to my local sports store, purchased a decent but cheap bike, and started riding it. I also gave up all drinks except water. I was down to 185 within a few months. Felt great. Kept at that weight for almost a year, and then she came back into my life.

What I can only describe as my arch nemesis, Iced Tea, introduced herself back into my life. I am very weak when it comes to her temptress ways. I especially like putting her into the freezer until she turns into the perfect slushie consistency. At first it was only one cup a day as a reward. That lasted a good 6 months to a year. Then it eventually became 2 cups. I am now back up to about 3 cups a day. Damn bitch gets a hold of me good sometimes.

Plan on giving her up soon once again, riding the bike, and also taking my puppy for long walks. Hope to be back down to 180 this time around in about 3-4 months. It is really damn hard keeping the weight off. Sucks.

Cutting the plugs off your PC and TV would probably help get you out the house more, I know it would me, from waking to sleeping I sit here getting more and more unfit, recently started doing some dumbbell reps each day just to try get my brain back into exercise before I have a heart attack or blood clot or something equally as fatal

Ice tea is sooo good. I drink the non-sweet ice tea though. It helps me a bit when I don't want to stick to just water. Are you doing the 3 cups with Sugar?

John Brancela

Cutting the plugs off your PC and TV would probably help get you out the house more, I know it would me, from waking to sleeping I sit here getting more and more unfit, recently started doing some dumbbell reps each day just to try get my brain back into exercise before I have a heart attack or blood clot or something equally as fatal

I go to the office 5 days a week and I work for a massive company. From parking lot to my cubicle is over a half mile walk one way believe it or not. So I at least get a little walking in. TV is the much larger problem though, especially thanks to video games. When I get home I am pretty good with cutting the computer. I write this during the out of of my three, maybe four, nightly visits to my laptop that last about 10 minutes tops. Truth be told I actually cannot be on the computer for any extended amount of time anymore, literally doctors orders, as I have developed DeQuervains tendonitis over the years. If I use a keyboard for over 10 hours in the day I am paying for it the next day.

Ice tea is sooo good. I drink the non-sweet ice tea though. It helps me a bit when I don't want to stick to just water. Are you doing the 3 cups with Sugar?

John Brancela

Yep, unfortunately with sugar. And a lot of it as well. I just love the taste of Iced Tea though. Like I seriously am addicted to it, not kidding whatsoever. I like it more than anything else taste wise. It is just so damn refreshing to me. Again, unfortunately.

I enjoy tea during the period before bed and after dinner. The problem was of course, they basically consisted of just sugar and water. So, I committed myself to drinking sugarless tea by just buying alot of it. I still enjoy tea, but due to the bitter aftertaste, I don't find myself craving for the sugar loaded kind or even turning to tea in general to satisfy my thirst.

Congrats on all the work i've been trying to slim down but can't seem to get anywhere currently I'm 6' and at the 300lb mark but it's mostly gut. I'm thinking of doing a ketogenic diet.

TV is the much larger problem though, especially thanks to video games.

Buy a time-lock safe and put your console in it so you can only play it at 9pm, then make sure you put it back in there before bed each night :D

Truth be told I actually cannot be on the computer for any extended amount of time anymore, literally doctors orders, as I have developed DeQuervains tendonitis over the years. If I use a keyboard for over 10 hours in the day I am paying for it the next day.

Just seen that your condition is also named "gamer's thumb" so could well be from the console too, I don't game much, but I remember some friends having Playstations and me getting a burning feeling in the thumb pad part of my palm if I was playing them for long.

I get extremely sore left shoulder and elbow for weeks at a time from where I lean on the desk while I am on the PC for hours

I have a feeling when were old and grey we will be cursing "these infernal machines" and trying to teach our grandchildren not to do the same (As our folks probably tried to teach us about things we ignored them about)

• 3 weeks later...

Today is a VERY EXCITING day, 3 years, 5 Months and 22 Days in the Making!!!!!! I NOW OFFICIALLY WEIGH 179!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I started at 216lbs!!! Low carb diet FTW!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! *Does the happy Dance* *Jumps up and down*

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome mate and bloomin well done. My sisters much like you except she eats healthy all the damn time and its taken about 2-3yrs for her to start to see a difference.

Me im the oppossite, Im now just putting on weight for the 1st time in my life and I dont know what to do with it.