Final Version of Free Microsoft Security Essentials tomorrow!

+warwagon
If resources are such a problem, why use a Anti Virus? Try some thing like SandboxIE maybe?

I'm talking about computers I work on. Not me personally.

ilev
is this software something that anyone would recommend as a full time anti virus for their company?

NO. It's mediocre, doesn't check emails and attachments, it is only signature based.

null_

@dr_crabman and others: Glad to hear that's been fixed! :D

That being said, I'll definitely be replacing AVG Free Edition with MSE as an option for friends and family that bring their systems to me to be fixed.

Dashel

Goodbye AVG, Avast, and Avira...It is for personal use, not corporations. I'd be very careful trying to evaluate based on memory and supposed CPU use.

Zkal
NO. It's mediocre, doesn't check emails and attachments, it is only signature based.

It does have Dynamic Signature Service. Google tells more about that. Plus everything I have read about it is that it does heuristics in addition of DSS. Also why should it have specific email scanner? The real-time scanner scans everything that comes to your machine, why would it need to include another scanner to scan it second time? Same thing with attachments.

Yusuf M.

The file size is surprisingly small. It's only a mere 4.28 MB (x86 Vista/Win7 version).

_dandy_

Much to my surprise, uber-paranoid Steve Gibson gives it the thumbs up. Good enough for me.

+warwagon
Much to my surprise, uber-paranoid Steve Gibson gives it the thumbs up. Good enough for me.

Ya that surprised me .

Philip926

Ever since I installed MSE two days ago, it periodically checks my floppy disk drive (A:), which is annoying. I've tried adding my A: drive to the excluded locations list, but that doesn't work. Anybody else experience this situation? I'm running Vista 32-bit with 3GB of RAM.

Neoauld

well this thing is fast, and it doesnt bother me, i hated Avira's Popup ads, avg's slowness and UI, and Avast's notifications(though im sur ethose could be disabled)

But im starting to wonder how good it actually is, im sure more tests will surface but it makes me wonder none the less