Media player for W7

So now that W7 RTM has been out since quite some time, what media/video player have you guys been using?

Same ones I've been using since Windows XP.

Foobar for audio

MPC Home Cinema (64bit) for video. No reason to use anything else.

Media Play Classic Home Cinema x64

You dont need a codec pack with MPC-HC

In fact you should never need a codec pack full stop.

VLC has pixelation issues no matter what the OS, it should be called VLLC, video looks like crap, but thats just my opinion after using (suffering?) it

Been using WMP and MPC - I prefer WMP.......MPC is just for some obscure file formats that doesnt work on WMP unless someone can recommend good codecs e.g. mkv or flv etc that can run fine on WMP for Win 7. I've been hearing conflicting suggestions on CCCP.

Media Play Classic Home Cinema x64

You dont need a codec pack with MPC-HC

In fact you should never need a codec pack full stop.

VLC has pixelation issues no matter what the OS, it should be called VLLC, video looks like crap, but thats just my opinion after using (suffering?) it

Wait, so that means I don't need any codec or anything to run MKV and AC3 files with MPC-HC? If yes, that's awesome!

As for VLC, I've been using it on Vista and XP since ages. It's flawless, only has issues with 7.

Windows Media Player.

Very impressed with it so far.

How I wish it could play MKV.

Edit: I just installed MPC-HC, it gives me one error:

No D3DX9.dll found.

What does it mean?

Edited by Shivek

You mean WMP or VLC? Because both of them can play MKV files.

And you need to install DirectX 9. Here, just run this and it will update all the needed files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

I meant WMP can't play MKV files. And yes, I just installed Batman Arkham Asylum and installed DirectX with the game and now I can run MPC-HC fine. Thanks.
The new version doesn't.
You mean VLC 1.02? I heard it still does. Are you using VLC currently with your W7 setup?

I use Windows Media Player for most applications, including music.

MPC if I need fine video control. Being able to change the synchronization of an audio track on the fly is really neat.

I use https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11 Codec pack, since it automatically registers associations and codecs for WMP. Technically I don't have to use MPC but it's handy and fast.