Dual booting Win2000 and XP

Hi! I have installed XP Pro and AS on two separate NTFS partitions, now i want to convert to dynamic disk resize my partitions so i can add Win2000 AS to my hard drive.

My problem is that i know that Win2k overwrites the boot sector thus you will not be able to boot back into Xp and i will have to reinstall from scratch. Does anyone know how to get back the XP boot sector? using fixboot and fixmbr from the XP console dosen't appear to fix it. any solutions?

2) as of RC2 (also in early beta 2 builds) WMP8 seems to crash whenever i pause a movie. Anyone awear of this and knows some solution? does it have to do with the DivX :-) codecs?

I would greatly appriciate some help thanks!

sorry, can't help ya on the boot problem, but i think i may know about RC2's MPXP. i'm on 2k right now, running RC2's version of MPXP, and i've experienced the same problem. about a week ago i was informed that an undate was available, rarely do i download these, i just wait for the next fixed version, but i figured, "what the hell, i've got the time." now i can't tell you what was in there, as i don't recall. but it's about 13 1/2 megs, and it solved all the problems i've had with it. not sure how much this helps. :s