Why is windows 7 64 bit RTM slower then Vista 64 ?

i don't know why but my windows 7 takes longer too boot to the desktop and also my Vista 64 seem alot snappy when i open apps and just works faster. My 32 Bit windows 7 seems faster then the 64 bit windows 7.

here is my system spec

i7 at 3.9GHz

6GB Ram

seagate 750Gb drive 7200.12 version

32 bit is always faster then 64 bit on my laptop, but I don't know the reason. It has a t2390 pentium dual core with 2 gigs of ram. BUT ! Seven x64 is faster then Vista x64

Windows 7 64-bit is much snappier than Windows Vista 64-bit on my machine, which only has an Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz (mobile CPU) and 3 GB of RAM. Have you checked to make sure that you have the latest drivers and software?

i don't know why but my windows 7 takes longer too boot to the desktop and also my Vista 64 seem alot snappy when i open apps and just works faster. My 32 Bit windows 7 seems faster then the 64 bit windows 7.

here is my system spec

i7 at 3.9GHz

6GB Ram

Have your eyes checked.

I just did a clean install of 7 64-bit and it seems faster than Vista(just a lil, not 2 much of a difference)..

no this was a clean install

How long have you been using this install? Superfetch needs to catch up. If its a new install it will feel faster in about a week.

32 bit is always faster then 64 bit on my laptop, but I don't know the reason. It has a t2390 pentium dual core with 2 gigs of ram. BUT ! Seven x64 is faster then Vista x64

Why are you running 64bit on a system with only 2gb of ram?

here is my system spec

i7 at 3.9GHz

6GB Ram

You did an ugprade, right? Well, start cleaning all that crapware that leaves behind after the freaking upgrade.

:p

SNAPPY

AND RE-PON-SIVE

Omg! you get a cookie! :D

It boots pretty much as fast as vista did (30~40sec). When it comes to programs.. Well, its subjective, but everything seems to be more... reponsive.