I fought Microsoft over selling NFR software and I won!

I think the real problem here is that he is selling a copy of Windows 7 before the street date.

Retailers can get punished for selling music/movies/games before street dates, why shouldn't an individual?

At no point have I ever said that I was not hosting the party, just that I wouldn't need the copy of Windows 7 that they provided (I already have it through work), and I don't plan on using the party supplies that they sent (they were hideous and tacky). No where in the agreement for House Party did it state that you had to use either at your party.

I believe you didn't read the conditions of entering the party pack giveaway. You HAVE to host a party in order to get the package. You aren't and are just trying to profit for something that most of us would almost kill for. You used a ruling that was used completely for a different reason and on top of that selling software you have no business selling. I hope the Product Key somehow gets banned.

The question needs to be asked, if you already had a copy of Windows 7 why say you'll host a party knowing you would most likely get another copy? It sounds like you had this so called law case already for this long before you asked to be a host of the party. I'd be ashamed of myself if I were like you, thankfully I'm honest!

Well done, roadwarrior! :cool:

They're just angry because they didn't make any money on that one.

As usual, MS thought they can do whatever they damn please :x

If you can't see the reasoning behind the posts, then don't reply and just keep it to yourself. It was wrong to sell it no matter what you feel about Microsoft.

First of all I don't think MS will stop promotions just for the likes of roadwarrior. I would bet half of the people if not most would buy any of the promotional items.

Also rw what are you being happy about, this isn't a big case for MS. MS's netsafe team is a small part of MS that review those** h*** who sell software illegally, having your name in that category (which I would imaging yours will be for sure) in MS's ban list isn't a good thing.

Not that MS is that bitter but if I was at MS I would just ban your key, which will not only impact you eBay rating but also, make you call MS's famous tech support team in INDIA ?Is your computer plugged in:rofl:ofl:.

Clearly you have no understanding why people are mad in this thread...

:blink: did you even read what's this is about. :argh:

I think it's a matter of moral and courtesy then law or obligation more then anything. Good work doing it but It's probably not wise other people make it habitual following in OPs footsteps.

@Op, you know... If you DON'T hold a launch party, or fail to upload the pics etc to the provided site, MS could easily sue you for breach of contract and obtaining goods under false pretences?

It would serve you right too. That was a pretty ****ty thing to do really; you clearly had no need of the signed copy and only ever wanted it to sell for profit.

You mentioned you never had any intention of using that copy of 7 and if you did throw a party you wouldn't use the stuff supplied with it. Then what's the point in throwing a Windows 7 party?

That tells me your intention was to sell it from the very day you signed up to get it. Order something for free just to turn around and sell the thing.

:rolleyes:

And you make it sound like you won this huge fight with them. You won nothing. Except for maybe the right to create this thread just to brag about it. Just got away with it through a small loophole and you make it sound like they threatened to sue you for everything you got :rolleyes: . It would be hilarious if the key gets blacklisted after being sold :laugh:

Like FloatingFatMan says above, if they really wanted to they could easily sue you right now despite what you think.