Goodbye Windows!

Elliott    235
Believe me, you will get bored from OS X interface. And just to enjoy it, you will be hitting the corners to activate expose after a while.

I'm not bored of OS X's interface. I find it clean and elegant. As a matter of fact, I've tried other themes and always go back to standard Aqua because it's the most beautiful and efficient.

bob21    0
I don't think you have read my posts correctly...I haven't bashed anyone.
If this is the case, then how come people are constantly changing the way Windows looks by applying themes, icons and none other than....Mac OSX themes!!!! - WOW...Even use Rocketdock to make it look like a Mac!!! - LOL

People do this because they get tired of the way Windows looks and don't see it as cool anymore.

If Windows users don't like Macs, how come they are constantly trying to make their PCs OS look and act like one? - LOL

I said Macs are great for video and photo editing and nothing can beat them on that

Not true as Photoshop X64 is Windows Only and Premier CS4 is available on windows and Procoder 3 is Windows only.

Scorbing    517
I'm not bored of OS X's interface. I find it clean and elegant. As a matter of fact, I've tried other themes and always go back to standard Aqua because it's the most beautiful and efficient.

I like the Mac OS interface myself but I will say this...Windows is much easier to use.

Miuku.    364

We need more threads like these, gets those nasty boys from under the bridge every time - they need love and sunlight too!

Scorbing    517
We need more threads like these, gets those nasty boys from under the bridge every time - they need love and sunlight too!

LOL....They are not nasty, they are just so used to Windows that they refuse to accept or even try a Mac. I tell you this from personal experience. I have been a Windows user forver and I refused to use a Mac. I even bashed them and said they sucked and everything you can think off. I simply didn't see the point in having one, but you know what? I said to myself...I am going to try it out and give it a shot and I did. It was one expensive shot, but hey, you only live once. I could die tomorrow and not have the pleasure of using one so what the hell.

None of us were born with a taste for a whopper from BK right? We learned to develop a taste for it and most of us love it. Same thing with a Mac. You mus tdevelop a taste for it. Windows is idiot-proof, Mac is not. It takes more time to learn to use a Mac than it does a PC with Windows and I have learned that already. Windows is very unique and so is Mac. They both have their pros and cons. I personally love my PC and Windows 7. I am now beginning to like Mac but I will NEVER give up my PC and replace it with a Mac. The Apple simply does things that Windows cannot do as good or as efficient and that is why I got it. The Apple is nothing but a multimedia workhorse. Everything else I do in Windows.

.Neo    1,834
Not true as Photoshop X64 is Windows Only and Premier CS4 is available on windows and Procoder 3 is Windows only.

That first advantage will be gone when Adobe CS5 is released. And Final Cut Studio is only available for Mac OS X, what's your point?

I like the Mac OS interface myself but I will say this...Windows is much easier to use.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I find Windows infinitely more complex since basically no two applications, be it ones from Microsoft or from third-parties, use the same interface. Windows and its applications are still a complete mess of inconsistent menus, window themes, toolbars, preference windows etc. Not saying that Mac OS X features a fully consistent interface but it's way ahead in this department. Most third-party developers actually put in a lot of effort to equip their apps with a nice Aqua interface that fits right in. It's the other way around on Windows, where third-party developers seem to do their best to make their applications look as different as possible from the defaults.

Edited by .Neo
bob21    0

That Macs are nothing special for photo editing. And for video both have unique high end software. Basically refuting what i quoted.

Edited by bob21
Scorbing    517
That Macs are nothing special for photo editing. And for video both have unique high end software. Basically refuting what i quoted.

Like I said, I'm a Windows user. been all my life. I have yet to find reliable video editor for Windows. They all either crash, freeze or simply don't do what they are supposed to do. I posted a thread showing the constant errors I got from different video editors when trying to edit a simple little video. The only one that didn't crash was Windows Movie Maker...the rest...Crap.

thealexweb    204
Like I said, I'm a Windows user. been all my life. I have yet to find reliable video editor for Windows. They all either crash, freeze or simply don't do what they are supposed to do. I posted a thread showing the constant errors I got from different video editors when trying to edit a simple little video. The only one that didn't crash was Windows Movie Maker...the rest...Crap.

Windows Movie Maker FTW!

bob_c_b    13
I disagree. Windows has a lot more b/s software compared to Mac. Every program I see for Mac has a use. 99% of the crap for Windows is pointless or it's malicious. Mac also gives you great freeware. Windows gives you.... Spider solitaire. Honestly though, the software that I frequently use is on both, BUT, I prefer the way Windows handles the software. I don't like the task bar thing at the top of Mac and I can't get used to selecting things in the Mac version of Photoshop. It's constantly minimizing itself because the way it's set up, and I'd just rather not deal with that. I do love the dock in Mac though...

I dunno' about the lack of freeware statement, more than 70% of the software on my hard drive is freeware and a good chunk of it is best of breed, or close. I'll put Windows Live Photo Gallery up against iPhoto any day, there is no equivalent to Paint.net on the Mac (it's around $50 for a basic image editor), Windows Live Movie Maker is probably more than enough for most home users (although iMovie is pretty impressive). ImgBurn does everything Disco does, Filezilla is not as nice as Transmit but they do the same work, etc... About the only thing I can do on my Mac that I can't do on Windows is Garageband, nothing on Windows comes close. But everyone has different needs so of course my expereince may be very different than yours.

bob21    0

If that were the case these programs like premier wouldn't be able to make a profit considering the massive pricetag also "stop the crashes" would be on the wish-list for every release and yet its not.

Do you have a reliable source explain why every video suite on windows crashes ? No. Because its simply not true.

Scorbing    517
If that were the case these programs like premier wouldn't be able to make a profit considering the massive pricetag also "stop the crashes" would be on the wish-list for every release and yet its not.

Do you have a reliable source explain why every video suite on windows crashes ? No. Because its simply not true.

Here. Have fun:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz...mp;oq=&aqi=

Want more?

Scorbing    517
Thats not a reliable source Like i said before Premier CS4 Windows/OSX it doesn't matter its nonsense to claim that all video suites on windows crash;

They crashed when I used them. I tried them all. The only ones that didn't crash were Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio

.Neo    1,834
ImgBurn does everything Disco does

Disk Utility and the Finder do everything that Disco does when it comes to actual burning.

bob21    0

Thats perfectly fine who the heck knows maby you deleted WMF

They crashed for me =/= All PC Video suites crash =/= You need a mac to edit video.

Binary    49
At least windows is much more customizable than OS X. If you get bored you can just change the theme. And the reason why people apply OS X themes is not that OS X has a better theme.

Believe me, you will get bored from OS X interface. And just to enjoy it, you will be hitting the corners to activate expose after a while.

I have, I don't know how many, computers, several of them are MACs. Unless you do something interesting using your computer, you will get bored.

Umm, Windows is no more customizable by default than OS X.

To theme you must hack system files on either OS.

Windowblinds is the only other 'viable' product to theme windows atm, and that's only because MS has left their API's available to Stardock, which IMHO leave may lead to security holes, and is why Apple has stopped 'Haxies' from working on OS X.

Sure customizability is great, but for huge corporations it's a customer service nightmare if everyone doesn't have the same setup.

P.S. I know it's beating a dead horse, but they are Macs, Not MACS, MACS are addresses. ;)

Edited by Binary
Scorbing    517
Thats perfectly fine who the heck knows maby you deleted WMF

They crashed for me =/= All PC Video suites crash =/= You need a mac to edit video.

I have seen Macs doing video. There is simply no comparison.

bob21    0

In what way ? i fail to see how Premier CS4 would be different on either platform. Both have their unique software true Procoder/FinalCut but that doesn't change the fact that the best are availible to both (Adobe/Sorenson)

bob_c_b    13
I have seen Macs doing video. There is simply no comparison.

Seriously, and I'm a Mac fan, my iMac is sitting right here, you are trying too hard to convince yourself it has magical powers. The only reason to prefer editing video on the Mac over Windows is if you are using a Mac only tool like iMovie or FinalCut, otherwise it is the same experience.

Scorbing    517
Seriously, and I'm a Mac fan, my iMac is sitting right here, you are trying too hard to convince yourself it has magical powers. The only reason to prefer editing video on the Mac over Windows is if you are using a Mac only tool like iMovie or FinalCut, otherwise it is the same experience.

I never said it has magical powers. I said that video editing is simply better on a Mac. I have had very bad experiences with Windows when it comes to video editing and that is that.

ManMountain    56

When it comes to video editing in Windows, my experiences have been positive.

I haven't had any crashes when video editing in Windows.

Scorbing    517
I haven't had any crashes when video editing in Windows.

Lucky you...

ManMountain    56

"Luck" has nothing to do with it.

Hola Leo Natan :)

Edited by ManMountain
Leo Natan    4
I never said it has magical powers. I said that video editing is simply better on a Mac. I have had very bad experiences with Windows when it comes to video editing and that is that.

Just because you are incompetent at what you tried to do doesn't mean it's better on a Mac for everyone. :rolleyes:

Hi ManMountain from a fellow NFOhumper! :D