Goodbye Windows!

Pharos    39
Stop with that, as an iMac owner I would have been furious paying any more for Snow Leopard, almost all the improvements were under the hood and have yet to be truly exploited. Windows 7 is pretty far from the service pack that Snow Leopard is.

It's amazing you are acting like that wasn't the whole intent of this thread?

+1

Also keep in mind that Apple took most of your money already by selling you the hardware :rolleyes:

Elliott    235
Stop with that, as an iMac owner I would have been furious paying any more for Snow Leopard, almost all the improvements were under the hood and have yet to be truly exploited. Windows 7 is pretty far from the service pack that Snow Leopard is.

Well, I wouldn't have been furious, but I wouldn't have been happy either. :p

The under-the-hood improvements in Snow Leopard will begin to show themselves when new software comes out that takes advantage of Grand Central Dispatch and OpenCL. Some software already has, and they're seeing 2-3x better performance.

Scorbing    517

It's amazing you are acting like that wasn't the whole intent of this thread?

** Paying over $200.00 for a Windows 7 upgrade is still too much money. **

The whole point of this thread is to express your opinions in an adult manner and not behave like a child by insulting people and acting as if you are a God and everything in your world is perfect. People have different tastes and just because someone decides they want to try something different, doesn't mean they are stupid, incompetent, or crazy.

Respect others so that you can have respect back.

tiagosilva29    953

Hey OP...

I just read this 5 pages of thread and I'm a bit confused: what exactly is this thread all about?

Basketcase    0

Very nice. The college i'm at has about fifty of these for the music department and they are a dream. But to be honest when i comes to everything else, they're very basic.

vladmphoto    13
Well, no. At $4000 it's not a "simple computer". Admittedly some parts are overpriced, but to some people who need extra power $4000 is reasonable. And a wireless mouse is only $20 :/

You're joking, right? I can build a Core i7 computer (the iMac probably uses the Core 2 Duo E8400), with 6GB of DDR3 memory, dual GeForce GTX 285 video cards in SLi, 2x 1TB HDDs, 24" LCD monitor of superior quality, optical drives the whole bit for under $2000 which blow that iMac out of the water so how can you say that it is reasonable?? It is completely unreasonable but people pay for it because they want a Mac. You can pretty much build a computer with maximum specs for half the price....I have a previous generation MacBook Pro for which I paid $2200 so I know exactly how overpriced Macs are and personally after this Snow Leopard thing it pretty much caps it up on how ignorant Apple really is. They are extremely slow to come out with security patches, they hate to admit when they mess up and people have to pay the price.

Subject Delta    108
Apparently, you don't know the American audience.

I've gotten comments like, "The start menu requires reading instead of a pretty picture" from students in my university. I've gotten, "The Start menu is so complex compared to the dock" at my former retail job. Favorite one, "Wait, the start menu is where all my programs are kept?" - so many things wrong with this statement...

I never suggested they should include ImgBurn or FileZilla. The point is there's no Microsoft version of these programs that are included in Windows. Why not? Creating an FTP and a CD burning program shouldn't be difficult for a company like MS. Having them incorporated into Explorer is fine and dandy, but seriously? Explorer isn't very customizable in these two fashions. I still have yet to successfully use Explorer to burn an VCD, but a free-ware program that I had on my Windows 98 box could do that. It shouldn't be difficult to incorporate that.

By the way, I'm an avid Windows / Linux user, and I hate Mac with a raging fury. The day you see an Apple logo in my possession is same day hell freezes over, but there are many things that Mac does so much better than Windows.

I don't care about the American audience, I am English. To be frank anyone who can't figure the start menu out in Windows is patently stupid, it isn't exactly rocket science. As for not including the other things, one word: Antitrust. You can thank all the companies that keep crying to the EU and US monopoly courts for that one. Oh and Windows has the ability to burn both data CD's / DVD's by dragging and dropping from within Explorer, it can burn audio CDs from within WMP, and it can burn ISO files with the Windows image burner. The only thing that isn't included (in 7) natively is a DVD creator and that can be downloaded for free.

This is one thing that bothers me about Microsoft, and please don't turn this into a negative argument. Windows Vista came out 2 years ago. Everyone knows it wasn't welcomed by the media and by many people like previous versions were. After two years, MS finally gets the bugs worked out, creates new features and decides to release Windows 7, which is great, but why charge over $200.00 to upgrade Vista when Apple only charges $29.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apple have a platform monopoly, they already suck you in when you buy their hardware, they don't need to make so much money back on the software.

Then they wonder why people "steal" their software. Paying that amount of money for an upgrade ( a huge service pack) is ridiculous.

The same 'service pack' crap we hear from Apple fans time and time again. Its incorrect, and its absolute nonsense.

And then factor in the cost of the Apple machinery that you have to buy to run OSX legally, in the way it was intended. Things look a whole lot different then :rolleyes: in fact Windows 7 can run on machinery that is in some cases 5 or 6 years old, whereas Snow Leopard can't. Funny how Apple fans always distort the issues on pricing without factoring in all the extras.

Scorbing    517

Here's something that I don't agree on. For those who think I hate Windows now that I have a Mac:

That guys talking there, who can hardly speak english, is bashing Windows 7 and saying that its "old technology" and that it is Vista with a different look and bah, bah, bah.

The part that kills me is when he is bashing about the User Account Control...Well, Mac OSX has that as well so I don't know what the hell he is whinnying about. He is also whinnying about Windows having the DLL files and the registry and referring to it as "Old Technology" - well, that's how Windows is built and that's how it works. The registry and DLL files are there for a reason.

He then says that Windows 7 is just another version of Vista...LOL...Well guess what? Snow Leopard is just another version of Leopard!!!!! - Again, what the hell is he thinking about?

he says that when they build Snow Leopard that they build upon Leopard...LOL...Well, isn't that the same thing Microsoft did? They built upon Vista and improved it...

I disagree with him in a lot of things.

*** Just because I have a Mac doesn't mean I hate Windows. I like them both and I use Windows more than the Mac. The Mac is nothing but a Multimedia Workhorse. Everything else, I do in Windows. ***

I don't care about the American audience, I am English. To be frank anyone who can't figure the start menu out in Windows is patently stupid, it isn't exactly rocket science. As for not including the other things, one word: Antitrust. You can thank all the companies that keep crying to the EU and US monopoly courts for that one. Oh and Windows has the ability to burn both data CD's / DVD's by dragging and dropping from within Explorer, it can burn audio CDs from within WMP, and it can burn ISO files with the Windows image burner. The only thing that isn't included (in 7) natively is a DVD creator and that can be downloaded for free.

Apple have a platform monopoly, they already suck you in when you buy their hardware, they don't need to make so much money back on the software.

The same 'service pack' crap we hear from Apple fans time and time again. Its incorrect, and its absolute nonsense.

And then factor in the cost of the Apple machinery that you have to buy to run OSX legally, in the way it was intended. Things look a whole lot different then :rolleyes: in fact Windows 7 can run on machinery that is in some cases 5 or 6 years old, whereas Snow Leopard can't. Funny how Apple fans always distort the issues on pricing without factoring in all the extras.

Oh and Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly with their software right? They already suck you in when you buy their software! - PC hardware is cheap. It goes both ways so stop trying to defend MS. Like I said before, I am not against either one. They both have their cons and pros. PC hardware is cheap but the OS is expensive. Mac hardware is expensive but their software is cheap. End of story.

Hoang Trong Tuong    0

I don't Known. so I'm still use windows XP :D

leedogg    15
Hey OP...

I just read this 5 pages of thread and I'm a bit confused: what exactly is this thread all about?

From what I can gather he bought a mac and wanted to be an attention ###### so posted a thread pretending to give up windows.

Scorbing    517
From what I can gather he bought a mac and wanted to be an attention ###### so posted a thread pretending to give up windows.

I never said I gave Windows up. I said I got a Mac to do some things that Windows is simply not doing for me and that is my personal view of it. You don't like it? Too bad.

Subject Delta    108
Oh and Microsoft doesn't have a monopoly with their software right? They already suck you in when you buy their software! - PC hardware is cheap. It goes both ways so stop trying to defend MS. Like I said before, I am not against either one. They both have their cons and pros. PC hardware is cheap but the OS is expensive. Mac hardware is expensive but their software is cheap. End of story.

Of course they don't. They have a monopoly in terms of Market share, but nobody is forced to use Windows.

Scorbing    517
Of course they don't. They have a monopoly in terms of Market share, but nobody is forced to use Windows.

No one is forced to use Apple.

Subject Delta    108
No one is forced to use Apple.

If they want to use OSX the way it was designed to be used they are

bob_c_b    13
There is no point in talking to you...I take it you must be under 21...If you are not, you sure act like one.

There is no point in talking to me, I've read all of your reasoning and it's quite weak. It's okay if you like having a Mac, I have a couple, but I can see weaknesses in the platform (and not this silly stuff you came up with like everyone has to pay $200 for a retail Ult Ed upgrade when that isn't the case). And it doesn't matter what age I am (and I'm quite far from 21), a four year old can see you started an attention whoring thread and it didn't go the direction you hoped it would. :laugh:

leedogg    15
I never said I gave Windows up. I said I got a Mac to do some things that Windows is simply not doing for me and that is my personal view of it. You don't like it? Too bad.

You named the thread "Goodbye Windows!" so dont give me any of that whiny "i never said that" bs.

truba11a    0

people why are you fighting like kids? why cant we debate like rational human beings?

fix-this!    76
Summary

Purchase Information

$4,820.85

WOW ... if I add somethings, not even wireless mouse.

WOW.

Thats extremely high for anyone to pay for a simple computer.

Isn't it obvious to everyone by now ? omg ...

will the pc cook me dinner and show me a good time too for that price? seriously how the heck can some of you justify a purchase like that? no wonder soo many just build a hackintosh. :blink:

Scorbing    517
people why are you fighting like kids? why cant we debate like rational human beings?

Because they are immature, fanboys.

There is no point in talking to me, I've read all of your reasoning and it's quite weak. It's okay if you like having a Mac, I have a couple, but I can see weaknesses in the platform (and not this silly stuff you came up with like everyone has to pay $200 for a retail Ult Ed upgrade when that isn't the case). And it doesn't matter what age I am (and I'm quite far from 21), a four year old can see you started an attention whoring thread and it didn't go the direction you hoped it would. :laugh:

believe whatever you want. I still think you are immature.

Alladaskill17    181

Gratz, enjoy you're new Mac :)

jonhapimp    0
Like I said, I'm a Windows user. been all my life. I have yet to find reliable video editor for Windows. They all either crash, freeze or simply don't do what they are supposed to do. I posted a thread showing the constant errors I got from different video editors when trying to edit a simple little video. The only one that didn't crash was Windows Movie Maker...the rest...Crap.

so you legally tried every single video editor on windows, you might as well spend a 1000 dollars on that ram upgrade(i ran outside and kicked a puppy when i read that) if you have that much to spend on video editing software

Laura    147

Thread closed