Can you check my site, please?

Question

I just started this site, and I'm not really concerned about the look, it is the content that bothers me.

Do you think it needs anymore info, and does the info I have sound professional? I am not the best writer in the world, lol!

Also, one of by biggest clients owns adult-oriented stores and services, and I am not sure if I should put the banners I made for him in my portfolio since they contain adult content. What are you thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your comments. Click the pic in my sig to get to my site.

25 answers to this question

Personally, the Aqua bars clash with the purple logo fill.

Colours do not match i feel. One or the other has to be changed.

:)

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. I made the header a bit smaller, and shortened the text on the home page.

What are your thoughts about showing samples of the adult store banners I made? I would think not, but I could be wrong.

Looks much better, the colours are much better and not as large.

As for adult banners, yeh is a bit like 'should i or shouldnt i' sorta thing.

You may have to make it like a Resume. Show all your works. From normal small gif banners to adult banners. Shows more of your talents and broadness of your talents.

I mean you wanna sell yourself dont you(not in that sense lol) so therefore you may wanna add all your work into the site.

That way people can really see all your works and skills.

Just a thought.

:)

Not a bad site, there is a mispelling on the front page. "Whether you need and entire website" should be "an entire" not "and entire".

The color green looks odd in the bar, doesn't really match the other colors of your site or logo. Try white text there.

As for the adult content, make it a seperate page and put a link where your other content is, and have a disclaimer, I think you will be ok with that.

The only other thing is I think there is too much space in between your text and the bar located at the bottom of the page. It makes you have to scroll down for no reason.

Nice site overall.

Yeh a warning dialogue box be suffiecient. Maybe add a Agree/Disagree feature that to view the pages of adult banners, have to be over 18.

Might be too much work but yeh, just to play things safe in case any kiddies view page/site.

Agree/Disagree page = good idea, thanks.

I am now waiting for a reply from my host to see if he will allow it. I forgot about that.

Yeah, the templates aren't my strong suit. I don't seem to have any imagination when it comes to that.

I am working on the portfolio. What sucks is I have a couple hundred images I deleted that I made for people for free as a hobby. I never thought I would be charging for it, and never thought I would need a portfolio.

ok, call me totally crazy but surely it would be easier to post a text link to the site rather than have it in what appears to be a tiny transparent box what apparently only i cant see. im leaving this topic now lol :'(

just had another look and... really like the logo... the slogan font could do with a change (sorry, but i this thing about fonts)...

Nice, black instead of green in the top bar is MUCH better.

I was thinking of something else, why not extend a border from the graphics at the top to the graphic on the bottom? Like box in all the content. Just a thought, seems like it should be there to me.

Thanks for all the comments!

About the old green letters. There used to be a different header image, and when I changed it I didn't change the letters. My wife calls me colorblind sometimes! lol

I added a simple black border around the whole site, it makes a big difference. Thanks for the suggestion captain Phaty.

i personally wouldn't add the domain company's name

It was a link trading deal. I need all the publicity I can get. Why would you not do it?

Site design is awsome,

However I think the adult ads make it look trashy...

and the company a little... "unrefined"

I think you shoudl trash em... its not gonna hurt your porfolio too much :D

Ah, the old adult banner issue. I have removed them, as I don't want my host getting upset with me. You should see the ones I can't show!

I just need to beef up the portfolio some, I guess.