Police: Dad Shoots Teen Caught Having Sex with Daughter

Who does this guy think he is, Yosemite Sam?!?! I mean I can understand being ****ed, but shooting the kid?!?! And 4 times?!?! I hope this guys is locked up for attempted murder. He clearly can't control himself and is dangerous.

Shes legal so :/

No she isnt.

being raped or not, it is still statutory rape.

so irregardless of whether the boy is of age or not, or the girl, it is rape in the eyes of the law.

the offender doesn't have to be older than 18, the victim has to be under the age of consent 18

so yeah, this was a crime of passion during a rape.

No it isnt.

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

Sorry for the big font size but I wanted to get the actual legal law in this case thru....

It seems (from what I understand there) that what they did was perfectly legal.

Enough with the stupid generalizations. You seem to be spewing them quite a bit lately, and it's getting old. We're not all like the guy in this article. So why don't you spend more time cleaning that nasty dump you live in, and not trying to intentionally insult people you've never met. K?

:laugh: good attempt at flamebait i'll give you that, utterly nauseating though... As for the content of your post... somewhat less compelling. This kind of crap happens with guns more in the US than anywhere else, that isn't a generalisation :D

:laugh: good attempt at flamebait i'll give you that, utterly nauseating though... As for the content of your post... somewhat less compelling. This kind of crap happens with guns more in the US than anywhere else, that isn't a generalization :D

umm yes it is

and it's "generalization"

i live in Texas and i ride a horse to work everyday and wear cowboy clothes and go to my woman's house and tell her to get on my horse while drinking a beer and reading the bible about how gays are bad

No she isnt.
No it isnt.

Jeez, dude, there was no need for that huge text.

Besides I should point out your first response indicated it wasn't legal, then you proved that it was. The age of consent is 18 with exceptions - which is the same as saying she was legal for this case. The "age of consent" is variable term, it doesn't have to mean a specific age.

Anyway, that's probably what you were trying to say.

I don't understand where the father is coming from. I would've understood if he punched the kid or something.. I can see the father being upset in such a way.

But shooting the guy multiple times? He was NOT raping her. The girl obviously was enjoying the ****. Unjustified in every way.

I see the gun useful in this case. Punch a naked dude who is in a way connected to your daughter physically, or just shoot him so you don't have to touch him. If I was crazy like this father though, I would've used a stun gun, much safer. :)

umm yes it is

and it's "generalization"

i live in Texas and i ride a horse to work everyday and wear cowboy clothes and go to my woman's house and tell her to get on my horse while drinking a beer and reading the bible about how gays are bad

There is a slight difference between an absurd generalisation and actual facts backed up by nationally published statistics on crime. The US doesn't have one of the world's highest rates of gun related homicide and other forms of gun related crime by mistake you know ;)

I see the gun useful in this case. Punch a naked dude who is in a way connected to your daughter physically, or just shoot him so you don't have to touch him. If I was crazy like this father though, I would've used a stun gun, much safer. :)

If you stun gun him, she will get shocked as well if any part of her skin is touching his

I see the gun useful in this case. Punch a naked dude who is in a way connected to your daughter physically, or just shoot him so you don't have to touch him.

or just hold something long and solid in your hand and hit him with it?

and for those who think about sexual innuendos , you could say the same thing about a 'gun' ...

i mean are guns, guns, guns all that you can think of...

Damn.. You don't shoot the poor guy!

He could of roughed him up a little bit, definitely not shoot the kid four times :no:

Update

ORLANDO, FL -- An 18-year-old Florida man shot while he was having sex with a teenage girl is talking about his ordeal.

Julian Harp is recovering following a multiple shooting at an Apopka home.

Police said Wade Edwards, 41, shot Harp four times below the belt after he came home to find him having sex with his teenage stepdaughter.

Harp said within 10 seconds of being caught all he could hear was the father cocking his gun.

"As soon as I take a couple of steps down the stairs, he's shooting me," Harp said. "When he shot me the second time I took off running down the stairs."

Harp said he was hit with another bullet as he was running out of the house.

"When I take off running, that's when he shoots me in my rump," Harp said.

Harp said he screamed for help before he collapsed on the sidewalk in front of a neighbor who called 911.

"I can't tell if he's got his clothes on, his leg is covered in blood," a neighbor said.

"I was just lying there, I couldn't do nothing. My whole body was getting stiff, turning purple," Harp recalled.

Within minutes Harp was rushed to a hospital.

Surgeons removed bullets from Harp's thigh and stomach.

He is now recovering from his injuries.

Wade has been charged with attempted second-degree murder and is being held without bond.

Source

Update

ORLANDO, FL -- An 18-year-old Florida man shot while he was having sex with a teenage girl is talking about his ordeal.

Julian Harp is recovering following a multiple shooting at an Apopka home.

Police said Wade Edwards, 41, shot Harp four times below the belt after he came home to find him having sex with his teenage stepdaughter.

Harp said within 10 seconds of being caught all he could hear was the father cocking his gun.

"As soon as I take a couple of steps down the stairs, he's shooting me," Harp said. "When he shot me the second time I took off running down the stairs."

Harp said he was hit with another bullet as he was running out of the house.

"When I take off running, that's when he shoots me in my rump," Harp said.

Harp said he screamed for help before he collapsed on the sidewalk in front of a neighbor who called 911.

"I can't tell if he's got his clothes on, his leg is covered in blood," a neighbor said.

"I was just lying there, I couldn't do nothing. My whole body was getting stiff, turning purple," Harp recalled.

Within minutes Harp was rushed to a hospital.

Surgeons removed bullets from Harp's thigh and stomach.

He is now recovering from his injuries.

Wade has been charged with attempted second-degree murder and is being held without bond.

Source

good, hope he rots in jail and sets an example to anyone who thinks that man is even slightly justified

Sorry dude, can't go there. I, too, am a dad with 2 daughters, so I kind of get where you're going, but if you think you're protecting your daughter's "innocence" by shooting her boyfriend when she has sex with him, I've got news for you: that train has already left the station.

Sure, I'd be ****ed, too, but this kind of situation sort of underlines my problem with guns to begin with: there's an awful lot of situations where a "good guy" becomes a "bad guy" in the blink of an eye out of sheer impulse.

Good points.

Still, both the boy and the girl were being stupid having sex with the parents home.

good, hope he rots in jail and sets an example to anyone who thinks that man is even slightly justified

For real. I don't care how much he wanted to "protect" his daughter. His daughter was not in immediate danger. He's just a hot head, and his right to live in society should be taken away.

Oh look, gunplay for a lower class neighbourhood, what a surprise.