Careers Thread

What career do you recomend? I'm particularly interested in technology / computing but am open to other suggestions.

If each post can sorta contain a job, a bit of info describing it and also the avg salary prospects for it, that'd be cool. If you can post about jobs you know about that'd be even better. I'm quite keen not to have a totally boring 9-5 job, but I'm not ruling anything out yet.

I'm pre-uni in terms of age so there are lots of pivotal decisions to be made - I'd be really greatful for all the info I can get!

Edited by Miaoww87

Make sure the computer at your new job has Spell Check. :)

I'd try a few Job Sites, actually, Monster, Hot Jobs...that should give you an idea.

Markets, Location, all seem to dictate the money nowadays.

Good Luck!

yeah I dont know about Car Ears but just pick a career you enjoy and you allow you to accomplish the things you want in life, right now Im tech support at a local ISP gonna get my A+ certifications then gonna work and run a computer account with a friend of mine but thats just me

oh right.. car ears were what I was originally after, but on reflection I think that a career would do a better job paying the rent.

Any mod want to change the title of the thread?!

Does anybody here have a R & D job? I'd like to do that sorta thing - maybe the hardware science side of it..

Moved to RWI

oh and take my advice what ever it is u do, remeber you'll be doing it for a long-long time so make sure you really like it. Dont just go for the best paid job ;)

Also dont have kids young, if you wanna have a decient long career. <- this is the best, and my personal advice i would give to anyone.

Good luck

oh and take my advice what ever it is u do, remeber you'll be doing it for a long-long time so make sure you really like it. Dont just go for the best paid job

Listen to this man.

R&D is part of my job( programmer ), and definitely the funnest part, but I love my job all the way around, except documentation.

Frankly, the job market sucks for programming in my area. A lot of companies are under the impression that they'll save money by off-shoring. It's too bad they don't realize that quality and accountability go out the window.

Anyhow, it has taken me a while to find a job/career that I was content with. Don't expect to get it right while you're in college, unless you're lucky. Many people I know that went in thinking they wanted to be engineers are not so happy people after a few years of actually doing it.

Good luck to you.