• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

General Public: Windows 7 sucks!

Titoist    224

The department store I work for has an electronics section where a few of my buddies are working. They have been having this Windows 7 promotion for the past week. Last night I was told that there have been 0 pre-orders and most customers that inquired about it had a negative view of it. He sais hes had quite a few customers coming in and claiming that Windows 7 is worse than Vista/XP. Theres even been a customer demanding the promotion cease due to "Microsoft blatantly copying OSX and just calling it 7".

Just out of curiosity, where are these people getting their information. The same thing happend with Vista BEFORE it was even revealed to the public. Like I know that all the tech savvy people like 7, most of them even liked Vista (havent met a computer enthusiast yet who has had problems with Vista), but then here come the others who don't even have legitimate access to the software, claiming its crap. Whats going on?

Shaun N.    569

No idea, I imagine it would be word of mouth. Have they actually tried the software?

P.S its nothing like OSX

kazuyette    13

What's going on ? General Stupidity ?

+Human.Online    8,693

Idiots tend to say idiotic things they have heard from other idiots. No news here!

carmatic    54

i dont think that would count as 'general public' , probably just some obsessed apple fans or something....

Vykranth    527

Word of mouth or a father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former rommate who works with computers has said Windows Seven is bad or non-technical reviews by incompetent journalists who are copying/pasting the first blog they found after searching "Windows reviews".

Non-tech people get their opinion with untrusted sources who jump on the bandwagon of Microsoft's tarnished image.

That's what Mojave demonstrated: most people who bashes Vista did not use it themselves.

I have read reviews of Windows Vista in an economy magazine. It's rather normal because Windows is a product used by so many people in everyday life that it was bound to happen. Sadly, the article was written with the same crap sprouted in Vista sucks blogs. In the end, I concluded that, if their financial articles were as good as their operating system review, I should search for financial advice in Vogue.

LUTZIFER    473

All I can do is... lol!!

Intersect    239

gota remember guy we "will never find the show desktop button" as quoted by a BBC "tech Expert"

maby thats why it suxs LOL

voidpharoh    1

For the most part it's just people spreading things via word of mouth. Most of them have probably never actually sat down with the OS at all. I've noticed a lot of "average joe" people when they talk about technology are simply misinformed by their friends/coworkers/family/untrustworthy websites; and they turn right around and open their mouth spewing a dreadful mix of truths and misinformation to the next person they talk to about it. Instead of sitting down and doing their own personal research on the topic.

Scorbing    517
The department store I work for has an electronics section where a few of my buddies are working. They have been having this Windows 7 promotion for the past week. Last night I was told that there have been 0 pre-orders and most customers that inquired about it had a negative view of it. He sais hes had quite a few customers coming in and claiming that Windows 7 is worse than Vista/XP. Theres even been a customer demanding the promotion cease due to "Microsoft blatantly copying OSX and just calling it 7".

Just out of curiosity, where are these people getting their information. The same thing happend with Vista BEFORE it was even revealed to the public. Like I know that all the tech savvy people like 7, most of them even liked Vista (havent met a computer enthusiast yet who has had problems with Vista), but then here come the others who don't even have legitimate access to the software, claiming its crap. Whats going on?

They need to have their brain checked. Windows 7 is a hell of a whole lot faster than Vista will ever be. It is a huge improvement over Vista. I think they are nothing but a bunch of morons who are probably still running Windows 95 at home.

carmatic    54
That's what Mojave demonstrated: most people who bashes Vista did not use it themselves.

thats a good point... perhaps your store ought to do a little mojave experiment of its own? dont show the title 'windows 7' , but just the actual desktop etc with a bunch of windows open, and leave it outside for people to play around with...

Denis W.    731
Theres even been a customer demanding the promotion cease due to "Microsoft blatantly copying OSX and just calling it 7".

Was he wearing a black t-shirt with jeans? :shifty:

Krome    204

Here is my take on Windows 7.

First of all, I have used Vista for almost 2 years now. The fact is, I still dislike Vista. I was thinking of going back to XP but now there's Windows 7. So I will give it a try. Now let's move on to what I think about Windows 7.

People had asked me, and I told them that supposedly, it's Vista on steroid. I told them Windows 7 looks and feels are very similar to Vista 'cept that Windows 7 is much more stable (presumably). Told them that many of the computer tech-savvy been praising a lot about Windows 7. As for my personal reference on Windows 7, since I didn't have a decent system, I would prefer XP for now.

My system spec for the time being is:

Asus P5ND32-SLi 775, Pentium D 3.4Gz EMT64 + HyperThread 3GB of RAM and a Raptor. Yet I have a bit of tough time on processor's resource hog on Vista in comparison to XP.

n3ptun3    0

lol fail, around here W7 pre orders have been huge! Pretty much everyone I know is moving from either XP or Vista to 7, and most of them are not tech savvy.

migo    105

Anyone saying they're copying OS X is just a Mac fanboy.

majortom1981    242

This wouldnt happen to be an apple store is it.

bob_c_b    13

I'm not buying this, I'm a pretty big Apple fan and even I'm very impressed with 7.

Geoffrey B.    1,415

i would venture to say that the widely available beta/rc testing might have something to do with it. You have many many people that are "trying" the new OS before it comes out using computers that do not even support the minimum specs (even though 7 does work much better on legacy hardware) and they are deaming it that OS's fault that it is running poorly when in fact you cannot take the newest greatest thing and put it on your Gateway 2000 from 1997 it just isn't going to work.

ViperAFK    797

The department store you work at has incredibly stupid customers. Sites like amazon have had record preorders

Scorbing    517
I'm not buying this, I'm a pretty big Apple fan and even I'm very impressed with 7.

+1

Trong    3

I thought this was a real news article for a second! :p

Each to their own, but Windows 7 is not an OS X copy.

SkyDX    49

General Fail would be a better description of this.

All PC users I know like Win7.

+forster    97
....who don't even have legitimate access to the software, claiming its crap. Whats going on?

People are retarded. That is all.

wv@gt    2,666

Ive showed 7 to a lot of people this week and all in all the response has been great.The fact that 7 runs better on my 5 year old laptop than XP did on it originally is a good sign