Don't buy Windows 7 direct from Microsoft Store

To be honest I simply prefer physical media over downloads. I will buy my music, video, and software on CD or DVD until they stop making them.

Just to update, mine still says processing as well.

I feel the same way about owning physical media (especially since it didn't cost much more for the physical media over the download in this case). I also wanted to avoid the download because I figured the servers would be swamped.

Now I kinda wish I *had* gotten the download. No matter, though; it'll get here eventually, and I still have to get my data back up up to date anyways and prep the hard drive for the switch from Win7 RC to RTM. :)

Well I had an issue, because my credit card is not from the USA although my billing address is in the USA, after spending time on the phone to MS I felt like

smashing my head against a brick wall so I could suffer enough brain damage to have the same IQ as the person from MS store.

But I got an email from Newegg soon after about pre-ordering W7, for same price PLUS with Newegg I pay NO sales tax!!!

where as with MS I'd have to pay sales tax on my order.

Newegg also provided me with an email this morning to inform me my W7 pro was shipped and provided a tracking # to prove it was shipped.

Estimated delivery 10/23/2009. :D

so just cos u got problems dont mean every1 has to avoid microsoft store.

+1

Also, a call to the number on store.microsoft.com results in being transfered around untill you end up being disconnected. Microsoft has a lot to worry about in making Windows 7 a success and I feel they really dropped the ball on this one.

It's not that BIG of a deal, sheesh will it kill you to wait only 7 days?

It would be nice if someone at microsoft could talk to me and at this point I would take the activation key and iso download.

I'm sorry that it is my opinion that I am entitled to state in forums. I'll do a better job next time and check with the opinion police before I speak my mind!

Yea, you rite it's your opinion but then again your topic is hypocritical to have you call others the opinion police.

After over an hour of being on hold again, I was specificly told my order will not ship today. My order has not be process yet and they will not have information for up to 7 days at which point I have to wait another 7 to 10 days of shipping.

Ball dropped. I usually like to purchase from the source, however Microsoft's new store has lost a customer. Had I preodered with Amazon, I would have had my Windows 7 hours ago.

Maybe find something to busy yourself. That is what you should do.

Edited by Jelly Beans

Same deal here. I pre-ordered two (2) copies of Windows 7 Professional on 6/27/09 from Microsoft Store without the download option. My order status is still "processing"

I wish I would have ordered from Newegg. The only reason I chose MS Store was because at the time I ordered, there was still confusion as to whether Windows 7 would ship with x86 or x64 DVDs. MS Store was the first to confirm that BOTH x86 and x64 DVDs would be included in the packaging.

Now I wait like the rest of you whom ordered from MS Store...

So i placed my order for 2 copies of Windows 7 Home Premium for $50 each. I placed this order 6/29/2009 at 11:26am EST. My orignial order states that the disks would SHIP today October 22. Now I'm being told that they need 7 days ( NO PUN INTENDED) to process my order. I am beyond furious. The last 4 months was not enough time to process my order? Anyone else have this issue?

Apparently you have no idea what it means to process an order. It's another way of saying print the shipping label, invoice, and pack the product for shipment. Microsoft acted in the usual manner by waiting to do so until after the cancellation period had ended. Beyond furious? They delayed your order by seven days. Relax and be happy that you're getting it at a discounted price.

Fake edit: It's discs, not disks.

You are lucky. It can get much worse. I ordered the update edition way back when the offer was posted on Neowin. Got a confirmation email saying the order has been processed with order number and all the info from them. Fast forward couple of months I came across the $30 offer for students so I decided to cancel the preorder and that is when the fun began.

They could not locate my order. At one point they said that order number is not from us while the confirmation email came from their store email address and had their phone number listed for support. I just could not believe what I was hearing. Luckily they didn't charge me. I was bounced around for couple of hours after which I gave up.

I also tried to resolve this issue by email. After a while no response from them whatsoever. So... that was my preorder story err nightmare I should say.

If you ordered when Neowin originally posted the story then you placed a "fake" order on their test site. Neowin jumped the gun on their post, I jumped the gun and ordered right away as well. Nothing was charged and there is no order number because the order was fake.

FYI, I didn't get my copy today from Amazon, and am pretty upset. I didn't even get the key emailed to me yet, I mean I could have at least gotten that.

Why would Amazon open the retail packaging and email you the product key? That is an unrealistic expectation.

FYI, I didn't get my copy today from Amazon, and am pretty upset. I didn't even get the key emailed to me yet, I mean I could have at least gotten that.

To follow up I just got am email from Amazon saying there was "some unforeseen operational delays, we will not be able to deliver your software until Friday, October 23" and they refunded my full shipping rate AND gave me a $10 gift certificate to my Amazon.com account. Ignoring the screwup, I feel this was cool of Amazon, as I'm a Kindle owner and I've already used the the credit.

Has anyone else NOT received their Win7 disk from Amazon.com?

We wanted to let you know that we are shipping your order on time.

Due to the tremendous response we've received from the launch of Windows 7, your shipping confirmation e-mail has been slightly delayed. Rest assured that your order is on its way, and there's nothing else you need to do.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft Store.

I received the above email from MS this morning. More lies, if it was shipped on time, I would have received it.

You would think, will all the lead time they had for some of these orders, that Microsoft would have been more on the ball about shipping product to their customers. Hopefully, the people having issues here are the exception and not the rule.

Yes it is true. I was speaking of Physical Stores and not an Online store.

My bad. I realized that after I had posted (I hadn't seen your previous post before that one at the time), but by the time I caught my mistake I couldn't edit my post.

I received the above email from MS this morning. More lies, if it was shipped on time, I would have received it.

I got the same thing. I'll be happy once I get my tracking number. I chose the cheapest shipping option anyways, so an extra day or two won't kill me; I just want to know what the heck is going on. :)

Edited by 2Cold Scorpio

To be honest I simply prefer physical media over downloads. I will buy my music, video, and software on CD or DVD until they stop making them.

Just to update, mine still says processing as well.

I feel the same way about owning physical media (especially since it didn't cost much more for the physical media over the download in this case). I also wanted to avoid the download because I figured the servers would be swamped.

Now I kinda wish I *had* gotten the download. No matter, though; it'll get here eventually, and I still have to get my data back up up to date anyways and prep the hard drive for the switch from Win7 RC to RTM. :)

i have a feeling that the microsoft store was originally a digital download only store, and they tacked on the physical meda as an afterthought and arent really prepared for them, hence these delays...

Store page updated this afternoon! My disks were shipped last night at 9:30.pm

i have a feeling that the microsoft store was originally a digital download only store, and they tacked on the physical meda as an afterthought and arent really prepared for them, hence these delays...

From the first day the store was open, physical media was an option.

Store page updated this afternoon! My disks were shipped last night at 9:30.pm

Cool! I'll have to check mine when I get back home.

From the first day the store was open, physical media was an option.

yeah i mean like while they were setting up the store, the physical media must have been a late addition , almost like its shoved into what was originall a download-only store

yeah i mean like while they were setting up the store, the physical media must have been a late addition , almost like its shoved into what was originall a download-only store

Well, at least my disks are in the hands of UPS (that's a whole issue in and of itself) and from what I've been reading people are able to install the pre-order upgrade keys to computers without Windows already installed. Also people like me who have 7 installed already, can just enter the keys and validate.

MS isn't the only one guilty: When I ordered the family pack from Office Depot, it clearly stated that the expected delivery date was the 23rd but they only charged my card on the 23rd and sent me an email saying the delivery date was now the 26th. Good news is since I did get still get my key/DL from MS, I simply used the ISOs to go ahead and upgrade my other PCs and all I have to do is input the keys to activate once the Office Depot order arrives :)

I ordered from MS Store as well, and I chose ground shipping and am not surprised it hasn't arrived yet given I am on the east coast and I'm assuminmg they are shipping from west coast (they are in seattle area, no idea where their warehouse is).

I have no idea why everyone is so upset -- did they say ANYWHERE on their site that you would get it on October 22nd? It stands to reason that a product that is RELEASED on October 22, would not ship early. It makes sense that they ship the product on that day.

I have read reports of people getting it on oct 22 but those people chose overnight. So it seems that Microsoft prioritized the shipment of express shipping.. do you blame them?

So long story short -- quit your whining and trying to make microsoft out to be at fault here. The only thing that seems off is that we didn't get shipping confirmation emails, but they've recitifed that by telling us that our orders are on time.