Psystar Releases 'Rebel EFI' Software to Enable Installation of Sno

Steeley
Anyone know if there is a driver available for the radeon x1400.

You're pretty much stuffed with that card. It's one of the ones that the hackintosh community hasn't successfully cracked yet.

Richard Hammond

Still waiting for root device means there is an issue with your attached storage, i wouldnt try IDE its very finicky to get working on a hackintosh.

Just noticed you are on an Nvidia chipset, i dont think you will get OSX to boot using RebelEFI as NForce support in OSX is flakey at best, you might have to get a Chameleon bootdisk thats made especially for your board if it will even work at all, for the best chance to get it working you need Intel chipset and Intel cpu.

Snowl
Still waiting for root device means there is an issue with your attached storage, i wouldnt try IDE its very finicky to get working on a hackintosh.

Just noticed you are on an Nvidia chipset, i dont think you will get OSX to boot using RebelEFI as NForce support in OSX is flakey at best, you might have to get a Chameleon bootdisk thats made especially for your board if it will even work at all, for the best chance to get it working you need Intel chipset and Intel cpu.

Get a IDE Hard Disk(you can attach the IDE hard disk, but still install the OS on the SATA drive. It just helps to get past the "still waiting for root device error".)

I saw that on the wiki, i'll try it anyway.

Subject Delta
I agree with you, both are bad, but I think in my opinion these businesses that try to sell something at expensive prices that was invented by some enthusiast and distributed for free just to help the community is just a shame. It is not right and selling something that is already illegal is even worse than anything else.

Violation of EULA, not illegal. As long as you buy the disk legally, its not technically illegal as long as no Apple copyrighted code is distributed with the tool

Richard Hammond
Get a IDE Hard Disk(you can attach the IDE hard disk, but still install the OS on the SATA drive. It just helps to get past the "still waiting for root device error".)

I saw that on the wiki, i'll try it anyway.

Ah fair enough, good luck.

luckyno

When I try to install Snow Leopard appear ?no smoking? sign.

I have got motherboard Asus P6T deluxe v2 but in the BIOS I can?t find the settings of the FAQ of psystar:

* 1. Boot the computer into the BIOS settings. (Note:: keystrokes vary by manufacturer)

* 2. Under the Advanced BIOS Features menu, set:

o HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability [Enabled]

o CPU Enhanced Halt [Disabled]

o CPU Thermal Monitor [Disabled]

o CPU EIST Function [Disabled]

* 3. Under the Integrated Pereprhals menu, set:

o USB Keyboard Function [Enabled]

o USB Mouse Function [Enabled]

o SATA RAID/AHCI Mode [AHCI]

o Onboard SATA/IDE Device [AHCI]

* 4. Under the Power Management Setup menu, set:

o HPET Mode [64-bit Mode]

* 5. Save changes.

* 6. Exit BIOS Settings.

Can you tell me the exact position of this settings in BIOS setting of this motherboard please?

Thanks

Gary2MBz

The laptop in my sig is a slightly different but close equivalent to a typical MacBook Pro with the exception of the IDT HD Audio (mini-sub too), Intel WiFi Link 5100, and HDMI Out using the GPU and its own sound card. Question here is are there any kexts for these and if someone could show me how to install kexts because I haven't a clue. I am curious to go into hackintosh and if this works I'll buy a retail 10.6 but for now it is experimentation, not pirating.

Tech Star

Richard Hammond, how are you running OSX after the two hours then? You installed the Chameleon bootloader and that basically makes it not need the Rebel EFI bootloader anymore?

I want to know all about this stuff before I try.

The_Observer
When I try to install Snow Leopard appear "no smoking" sign.

I have got motherboard Asus P6T deluxe v2 but in the BIOS I can't find the settings of the FAQ of psystar:

* 1. Boot the computer into the BIOS settings. (Note:: keystrokes vary by manufacturer)

* 2. Under the Advanced BIOS Features menu, set:

o HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability [Enabled]

o CPU Enhanced Halt [Disabled]

o CPU Thermal Monitor [Disabled]

o CPU EIST Function [Disabled]

* 3. Under the Integrated Pereprhals menu, set:

o USB Keyboard Function [Enabled]

o USB Mouse Function [Enabled]

o SATA RAID/AHCI Mode [AHCI]

o Onboard SATA/IDE Device [AHCI]

* 4. Under the Power Management Setup menu, set:

o HPET Mode [64-bit Mode]

* 5. Save changes.

* 6. Exit BIOS Settings.

Can you tell me the exact position of this settings in BIOS setting of this motherboard please?

Thanks

WTF one post and you want to know how to look in the bios settings, GO AND LOOK, its not hard, they have giving you the things you need to set. Just write them down, and start searching! and then maybe you will learn something.....

luckyno
WTF one post and you want to know how to look in the bios settings, GO AND LOOK, its not hard, they have giving you the things you need to set. Just write them down, and start searching! and then maybe you will learn something.....

But that settings are for gygabite BIOS. It is different of asus BIOS.

I have look in my bios but I cant't find that settings.

Richard Hammond
Richard Hammond, how are you running OSX after the two hours then? You installed the Chameleon bootloader and that basically makes it not need the Rebel EFI bootloader anymore?

I want to know all about this stuff before I try.

I didnt install the RebelEFI bootloader i just used the disc to boot the snow leopard disk, once it was installed i then installed the chameleon bootloader, i didnt actually use RebelEFI.

Snowl

Doesn't boot... apparently my BIOS has a mode to put it to ACPI but its stuck on raid and can't be changed... what a waste of 50 dollars :(

Vice
Doesn't boot... apparently my BIOS has a mode to put it to ACPI but its stuck on raid and can't be changed... what a waste of 50 dollars :(

You didn't try it before you bought it? They have a free trial on their website.

RvXtm

that free trial is useless. that's chameleon 2 RC3 .

I'm now running win7 and 10.5.8 perfectly on my pc, i've tried Snow Leppy, but that junk needs registration to give automatic driver search (and something tells me it won't find what i need)

The .kext's and efi strings i use in 10.5.8 do not work in 10.6

+Dick Montage

vladtm

Installing OSX on standard hardware - I'm ok with that... But how do you dual boot?

Unrealistic
I need your opinion guys. I have been trying SO hard to get my Intel Core i7 920 w/ an EVGA X58 3-Way SLI mobo. to work since June and I couldn't get it to work. Do you think that this might work?

Also, my previous Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz w/ an ASUS P4C800 E-Deluxe ran Leopard, but after about 2 weeks of running it, my motherboard fried. Do you think that is might happen again if I run OSX Snow Leopard on my PC? Or can any other hardware fry if I install OSX onto my PC?

Tell me how that goes, because we have similar/same setup. 920 with EVGA Classified X58

Richard Hammond
vladtm

Installing OSX on standard hardware - I'm ok with that... But how do you dual boot?

Install Windows first, then install OSX, install Chameleon on the main boot drive and its a bootcamp like menu that gives you a list of hdds you can choose to boot window from the chameleon bootloader.

+Dick Montage

Richard Hammond: Cheers bud... BUT - When installing Windows, do I partition the drive up (1 for Win, 1 for Mac) and then install to an NTFS partition...

Then when installing Mac it's gonna want to initialise the partition table as GUID?

Richard Hammond

Ah thought you were installing on seperate drives, ok.

Boot Snow Leopard disc with RebelEFI, go to Disk Utility and format the drive into 2 partitions using GUID and set the 2nd partition to "MSDOS" which will format the first partition into HFS+ and the second into FAT32, then reboot and install Windows you can format the FAT32 partition to NTFS from in the Windows installer, then install OSX onto the first partition then install the Chameleon bootloader onto the drive.

+Dick Montage

Legendary reply mate - exactly how I like to follow things. Ta!

benhasglasses

i just bought rebel EFi to install on my asus p6t motherboard with an i7 processor.I keep getting the no smoking sign. The directions for the correct motherboard settings are for a gigabyte motherboard, not my asus p6t. Any ides on the settings I need to use?

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you so much,

-ben

Richard Hammond

It could be anything, when you try and boot the Snow Leopard Install before you select it press down arrow till it says Verbose +V mode and press space then enter and it should give you a text view of everything thats going on and what the error might be when you get the stop sign.

Steeley

Guys I've uploaded the BIOS settings I had to follow when using a guide to install Leopard on my PC. It might be useful in getting past the 'no smoking' sign if you modify for your particular model.

PDF file

Tech Star
Tell me how that goes, because we have similar/same setup. 920 with EVGA Classified X58

I might try it soon.

Richard, two more questions.

1. Also, my previous Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz w/ an ASUS P4C800 E-Deluxe ran Leopard, but after about 2 weeks of running it, my motherboard fried. Do you think that is might happen again if I run OSX Snow Leopard on my PC? Or can any other hardware fry if I install OSX onto my PC?

2. I am running Windows Vista x64 right now. I have 1TB of space and if I was to use a disk partitioner (like Acronis Disk Director) and partition OSX into a 300GB parition and Windows into a 700GB partition, will it work?

Thank you. :)