Psystar Releases 'Rebel EFI' Software to Enable Installation of Sno

1) No, running an OS even though its not meant for the hardware isnt going to fry it, it was just a coincidence that it died when it did.

2) If you want to install Leopard 10.5 yes, if you want to install Snow Leopard 10.6 no as it requires the drive to be formatted to GUID Partition Table, Leopard will install on an MBR configured drive however.

1) No, running an OS even though its not meant for the hardware isnt going to fry it, it was just a coincidence that it died when it did.

2) If you want to install Leopard 10.5 yes, if you want to install Snow Leopard 10.6 no as it requires the drive to be formatted to GUID Partition Table, Leopard will install on an MBR configured drive however.

1. Thank you for the response. :)

2. So there is no way for me to have Snow Leopard AND Windows Vista on my 1TB HD?

I have a problem with Mac OS X Snow Leopard installation. It shows Apple logo with spinning circle and all goes fine, until about minute or two of loading my screen goes black and it shows NO SIGNAL message on my Display. But DVD is still loading something when I press ENTER key. I have already try with different monitor, different BIOS settings, VGA-DVI cable, second output on graphics card but It won't work.

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSC37RToY0g

2. So there is no way for me to have Snow Leopard AND Windows Vista on my 1TB HD?

There isnt without having to completely blank the drive and lose all data no. If you wanted Snow Leopard on you would have to format the drive to GUID Partition Table using Snow Leopard disk into 2 partitions, then reset and install windows onto the 2nd partition then install snow leopard to the first and install chameleon bootloader.

vladtm

Installing OSX on standard hardware - I'm ok with that... But how do you dual boot?

There are other ways that i see the forum mates had enumerated above me, but i do it easier ...

I have windows 7 on my primary HDD , win7 alone, and installed iPC 10.5.6 on a another hard drive (2 physical drives).

Update from 10.5.6 to .8 is directly from the mac build in update, on vanilla kernel, it works flawlessly.

And to answer the multi-boot question, i go to F12 after AHCI initialization and select the drive i wanna boot to. This way if i reinstall windows or mac ,i don't have any problems with guid-mbr and HDD0's boot sector or mess with my partitions.

I have some ideas on how to get snow leppy to work with fresh retail install ,but i need some time to test things.

EDIT: @Tech Star : that's why I and others prefer small drivers for os installation, fast and small. Over 300GB, i only use them as storage.

This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway.

So it's been mentioned that you can't install Snow Leopard with an existing Windows OS installed, but it is possible to install 10.5. Sooo, would it be possible to install 10.5 and then upgrade to 10.6 from there?

I'm interested in this, and if I could preserve my current Windows installation, that would be prime.

There isnt without having to completely blank the drive and lose all data no. If you wanted Snow Leopard on you would have to format the drive to GUID Partition Table using Snow Leopard disk into 2 partitions, then reset and install windows onto the 2nd partition then install snow leopard to the first and install chameleon bootloader.

actually there is you just need an 8gb thumb drive, a borrowed mac, and snow leopard of course

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

*Stay away, troll. Your kind isn't welcome here...*

I was here long before you lol ;), anywayz I'll try to 'think different' lol

Why does anyone wanna run that crap? :unsure:

It's beyond me.

I don't know why anyone would want to run WIndows :unsure:

Come on buddy stay away from the thread if you're just going to troll :rolleyes:

I've read this tutorial:

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/install-snow-leopard-on-pc-easy

From this tutorial I can see things to change in BIOS:

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/install-snow-leopard-on-pc

I've just found some of the settings on my Asus P6T Deluve v2:

Main->Storage Configuration->Sata as: AHCI

Advanced->CPU->C1E Support: Disabled

Advanced->CPU->CPU TM Function: Disabled

Power->Suspend mode: S3 only

But the install crash just after startup.

Where can I find the last options? Eg. CPU EIST Function?

Hi I'm french.

Sorry for my bad English.

When I ask to Psystar for install Windows Seven and Mac Os Snow Leopard on the same hard disk with Rebel EFI, They say that putting two OS on the same hard drive is not supported

My computer is a laptop, and I have only one Hard Disk.

Finaly, I found a solution (thank Richard Hammond!).

- First boot on EFI Cd Rom and replace this CD with Mac Os Snow Leopard Install DVD

- Launch Disk Utility on install environement Mac OS

- Create Two partitions on HardDrive : One partition HFS+ and One partition FAT. Use GUID Disk

- Quit Install MacOS

- Boot On Installation DVD Seven

- When Seven Ask a partition for install, click on Fat partition. Seven can not install on Fat32 partition, then just format it to NTFS

- Install Seven on NTFS partition

- When Seven is OK, restart the computer

- Boot with EFI Cd Rom and replace this CD with Mac Os Snow Leopard Install DVD

- Install MAC OS on HFS+ partition

- When Mac is OK, restart the computer, boot on Mac OS

- Install EFI rebel and restart the computer

- On boot, EFI see three partition ; 2 HFS+ and 1 Mac

- If you select the second partition HFS+, you launch Seven ! But Seven can't boot.

- restart computer, boot on Seven installation DVD, use recovery tool on DVD install

- Recovery tool detect error with boot sector Windows, repair It

- Restart the computer

- When EFI show partition select the second partition HFS+, you launch Seven and seven boot!

If you select Mac partition, Mac Boot!

Finaly, I can boot windows Seven or Mac OS Snow Leopard on the same disk!

pure awesomeness!!!

silly me, thinking i should go buy a new imac...

just get an asus eeebox with nvidea ion... mount it in the back of your monitor.... there you go imack