How long did your windows 7 installation take?

I made a bootable flash drive and copied the installation files onto it from the DVD, and on my laptop it takes about 15 minutes, desktop about 8-10 or so, give or take.

I made a bootable flash drive and copied the installation files onto it from the DVD, and on my laptop it takes about 15 minutes, desktop about 8-10 or so, give or take.

that is impressive

I was actually really surprised with how fast Windows 7 installs.

Well a clean install anyways, took like 20 minutes on my Acer Aspire One D150.

On my wifes HP netbook using an XBox HD DVD External Drive, although I was not counting the minutes, if I had to guess it took around 30-40 minutes.

On my Core i7 Gaming PC, 10 minutes tops, was insane how quick it went.

Both clean installs.

It seems best way to go about this is to create a bootable flash disk and install from it. I noticed it greatly improved the installation time on my second laptop. 12 mins down from 24 mins. 24 mins was on the first laptop. Both laptops have identical hardware.

9 minutes.

Installed Ultimate x64 from a USB Sandisk Titanium U3 4GB Flash drive and installed it onto a Vertex SSD 60GB.

Booting after the BIOS takes about 10 seconds to a fully bootable OS! :)

15 minutes, I'm not sure if my memory of installing XP is just being exaggerated by how long ago it was, but it feels like the Windows 7 installation was a lot faster.

+1 and your memory does not fool you :)

From DVD to 640GB WD Caviar Black: Around 15mins from BIOS booting disc to Username setup screen

Got an SSD to set up Windows 7 on properly later, might try my 4gb USB pendrive too :)