Apple: 'Windows 7 is antiquated technology'

The criticism comes from Brian Croll, vice president of Apple's Mac OS X worldwide product marketing. He said that Microsoft users were tired of the "headaches" caused by the Windows operating system, and expects some disillusioned Windows users to switch to Apple's Mac platform.

"Windows users are really tired of all the headaches that they've been getting over the years, starting all the way back from Windows Me to NT to Vista and now Windows 7," he said. "As a result, I think people are looking for something different, and the Mac offers real ease of use, stability and security."

Apple recently announced its best ever quarter for Mac computer sales, and Mr Croll said there's "a lot of momentum" behind the platform.

He said the difficulty some users will experience upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 ? which involves a clean install of the entire PC ? will prompt them to simply buy a new computer, and he believes a significant number will opt for a Mac.

"We think this is an opportune time for people to take a look at a Mac. We believe we can get even more people moving over.

"Windows 7 is still just Windows. It doesn't change a lot. It's still complex, it's still really expensive when you look at the cost of the upgrade, and there's still security concerns," he said.

"It also still requires a lot of assembly. It turns out when you get Windows 7 it doesn't even have some of the basic applications like mail or chat, or programs to manage your photos. You actually have to go and find them and download them.

"For the consumer, there's a lot of headache and annoyance built in to Windows 7. It's built on a lot of antiquated technology... that doesn't change from release to release. We think that most people probably aren't going to make that jump [from Windows XP to Windows 7], and as a result, are going to be looking for new computers."

More

Yep, they are scared.

"It also still requires a lot of assembly. It turns out when you get Windows 7 it doesn't even have some of the basic applications like mail or chat, or programs to manage your photos. You actually have to go and find them and download them.

Whos fault is that, idiot companies like your own who cry monopoly and get the courts to order Microsoft to remove those features, you cant then go and bash Microsoft for not including them, seriously do these idiots at Apple even think before they engage their mouth.

Would this be the same Apple whose flagship product is an operating system that has been in development since the mid-80s, and that even then had parts based on even older operating systems?

He does have some valid points, but OS X is also in large based on antiquated technology.

You know what GRINDS MY GEARS ;); IF MAC even HAD the share that WINDOWS has, they wouldn't be able to even MENTION carrying a intergrated application. They would get sued out of there rear just like Microsoft does.

Snow Leopard brought nothing to the table, Windows 7 improved the overall expierence of a windows user and is being said that its one of the best operating systems Microsoft has done todate.

Im sorry Windows 7 all the way.

And honestly, if any user stuck with Windows XP regardless of Vista's faults. Its there own problem for not keeping with the times, so there forced to do a clean install. They will be better off with a clean install anyways. Its what happens when you choose not to change with the times.

As always Apple prays on the stupid people.

If OS X is so retarded like u guys described then why the first time I tested OS X, I bought an apple and since then I never touch a PC again. I was a windows enthusiast but OS X provided features that in windows will be a pain in the ass and miles ahead.

The only "Windows headaches" are the ones Apple is feeling because of Microsoft's success. It is quite amusing to see how much attention they are giving it... way more than their own product offering.

Can't say I blame them.

If OS X is so retarded like u guys described then why the first time I tested OS X, I bought an apple and since then I never touch a PC again. I was a windows enthusiast but OS X provided features that in windows will be a pain in the ass and miles ahead.

Like the ability to do nothing?

if they hate microsoft that much then why do they give their users the option to run windows on their hardware?

The technical term for that is "admission of defeat".

And Cabron, if you haven't touched a PC since OS X then you really have no idea what you are missing. Maybe try Windows 7 before you assume you know anything about it.

If OS X is so retarded like u guys described then why the first time I tested OS X, I bought an apple and since then I never touch a PC again. I was a windows enthusiast but OS X provided features that in windows will be a pain in the ass.

that doesn't tell anything about OS X. But it rather tells about you.

Not trying to be sarcastic. It just means you liked OS X better than windows. And, %90 of us prefer the other way around.

I think Apple needs to worry themselves more with fixing their new, broken and buggy OS. Or realize most people simply don't care about their antiquated, overpriced products.

LOL...Such an endorsement and seal of approval... That means a lot.

I think a more important point: who the hell is this guy?

I understand if Jobs says it but this guy? Who cares what this guy says? :laugh: We all have a opinion and opinions are like *******s; Everyone has one and mostly all of the stink.

That started out as a question, then transformed into a statement. Are you asking a question, or making a statement?

I have to say that I was surprised when I installed Windows 7 and realized it still couldn't read PDFs. Go Foxit, and go Adobe Reader, they must think...

There are so many PDF documents nowadays that one would think it was a necessity to implement a PDF reader into an OS.

That comic is hilarious, anyway back to topic. When I said that OS X is ahead of windows in all level is means it can handle better the graphics, is virtually anti-freeze, rock solid like I never see before in the windows platform. Never decrease in performance, it does not need defragmentation. The list go on and on... you guys are blind with windows.

Yeah that's the features of Windows, it does not do a ****

Why do you bother ? even the one posters know by now that you've never used a windows PC ever in your life.

To troll successfully you need to be at least ever so little believable.