Apple: 'Windows 7 is antiquated technology'

They point this out as a negative. I think it's a positive.

With Windows, you have so many choices on how you want to configure your system. If you want to load it up with apps, then you can. And you can choose those apps from any number of sources. There are so many alternative software makers that you can find one that works for you. Look at things like media players? How many media players are out there. And many people have their favorites.

Macs are nice for providing a lot of different software out of the box but, if you don't like what they provide, your choices are fewer than what is available for Windows.

Apple opts for simplicity but there is the cost of customisation.

Microsoft opts for customisation but there is the cost of simplicity.

It depends what your needs and wants are, it's all down to personal preference. Personally I don't find PCs hard to use so it's a no brainer for me... I'm not going to be restricted on a Mac for its simplicity.

If OS X is so retarded like u guys described then why the first time I tested OS X, I bought an apple and since then I never touch a PC again. I was a windows enthusiast but OS X provided features that in windows will be a pain in the ass and miles ahead.
Yeah that's the features of Windows, it does not do a ****
That comic is hilarious, anyway back to topic. When I said that OS X is ahead of windows in all level is means it can handle better the graphics, is virtually anti-freeze, rock solid like I never see before in the windows platform. Never decrease in performance, it does not need defragmentation. The list go on and on... you guys are blind with windows.

NeoWINDOWS

That comic is hilarious, anyway back to topic. When I said that OS X is ahead of windows in all level is means it can handle better the graphics, is virtually anti-freeze, rock solid like I never see before in the windows platform. Never decrease in performance, it does not need defragmentation. The list go on and on... you guys are blind with windows.

Apple can handle graphics better than windows? Oh really now windows supports directx and opengl. Mac only supports opengl.

Virtually anti-freeze / rock solid? The hundreds of bugs and crashes related to snow leopard beg to differ. Vista and 7 are pretty much dam stable operating systems too.

Never decrease in performance? Vista and 7 for me has never slowed down, and I almost never restart my computer anymore. This isn't XP.

Defragmentation? Windows does it automatically in the background for you without any noticable speed loss.

Okay Apple, I hear you already! Windows is crap, right? But there are no alternatives to Windows, are there? Windows is all you talk about. I've seen all your adverts yet still have no clue what the features or benefits of Macs are.

They are targeting people who don't have a clue about how to use Windows properly. What's wrong with that?

Leave Windows for the power users and businesses, replace all the abused, worm-ridden home desktops with Macintoshes I say!

(XP/7 chap here!)

I used windows from windows 3.0 to Windows Vista. For the last 2 years I have been using OS X, from Tiger to Snow Leopard.

I have to say that my experience with OS X has been better in general. OS X doesn't seem to slow down or get corrupted as much as windows. The other thing is the console is way more powerful, by having bash, than the command line in windows. Also, I found to my surprise that there are a lot of great mac applications out there that were better than their windows counterparts. And not having to worry as much about malware (I'm talking real world, not theoretical security, i understand the issues involved) has really helped.

Just my 2 cents. You can pry my macbook pro from my cold, dead hands.

Can you provide a pie chart showing home users only please, thanks.

Don't agree with the facts, keep pulling numbers until you find something you agree with. :whistle:

We all know Windows is winner in the office.

Can you provide a pie chart showing home users only please, thanks.

Even among the Apple customers, you will find a high percentage of them have Windows on their MACs too.

^^ True, I don't know many Mac users who don't run Windows as their secondary OS.

Don't agree with the facts, keep pulling numbers until you find something you agree with. :whistle:

If the target is home users, provide statistics based on that, not overall usage.

I used windows from windows 3.0 to Windows Vista. For the last 2 years I have been using OS X, from Tiger to Snow Leopard.

I have to say that my experience with OS X has been better in general. OS X doesn't seem to slow down or get corrupted as much as windows. The other thing is the console is way more powerful, by having bash, than the command line in windows. Also, I found to my surprise that there are a lot of great mac applications out there that were better than their windows counterparts. And not having to worry as much about malware (I'm talking real world, not theoretical security, i understand the issues involved) has really helped.

Just my 2 cents. You can pry my macbook pro from my cold, dead hands.

Yep, there are some really nice Apps that only work on OS X. That's the only reason why I am keeping my macbook pro. But, that is not Windows' fault. It is basically a dumb developer who is not interested in a 40 times larger market.

Okay if OSX is soo much better I will go to the shop tomorrow and buy Snow Leopard to install it on my generic hardware 500? PC...... oh wait....

I'm glad Apple is complaining and whining so much lately. It makes Ballmer look normal.

But really, can't Microsoft sue for this? Apple fights to make sure MS can't bundle IE with Windows 7 and then they advertise that Macs come with everything preloaded unlike Windows????

I'm sick of the tech world sounding like a bunch of monkeys fighting over a banana.

But really, can't Microsoft sue for this? Apple fights to make sure MS can't bundle IE with Windows 7 and then they advertise that Macs come with everything preloaded unlike Windows????

+1 !

Did Microsoft EVER say Windows 7 is not going to have the same problems Vista had? Because that's what one of the new Apple ads said. You know, the PC guy.

What's funny is that these ads only please Apple users. They're insulting a lot of the Windows user base with their ads, myself included.

Apple forgot who gives them money?

"Windows 7 is still just Windows. It doesn't change a lot. It's still complex, it's still really expensive when you look at the cost of the upgrade, and there's still security concerns," he said.

LOL .... This is not at all true since If i ditch XP and upgrade to Snow leopard, the cost isn't justified in comparison with Windows 7

Also I would like to know what exactly antiquated technology exists in Windows 7 in comparison with Snow leopard

Come one... Who cares what he says?

Just use what you like.

I prefer Mac OS X over Windows but that doesn't mean Windows sucks.

If Steve Balmer would say something like this about Mac OS X i wouldn't care.

Saying this won't make a person switch to Windows or Mac OS X anyway.

Apple also offered an OVERPRICED COMPUTER which is a PITA to upgrade, which most of the time you can't. Those prices on those new macs that came out, DAMN. Can build 3 systems with the same components, for the price of buying one of those Macs. no thanks!

Apple also offered an OVERPRICED COMPUTER which is a PITA to upgrade, which most of the time you can't. Those prices on those new macs that came out, DAMN. Can build 3 systems with the same components, for the price of buying one of those Macs. no thanks!

I'm RAID 0, and I approve of this message.

If OS X is so retarded like u guys described then why the first time I tested OS X, I bought an apple and since then I never touch a PC again. I was a windows enthusiast but OS X provided features that in windows will be a pain in the ass and miles ahead.

I bought a Mac too, once. It was very underwhelming. Anyone who wants to compare features between Windows and Mac and wants to make a claim that one has better features than the other one needs to get their heads checked.

The truth of the matter is Mac OS X and Windows 7 run at about par with each other. Microsoft has better market penetration and therefore more applications. its no surprise that Apple is jealous.

I bought a Mac too, once. It was very underwhelming. Anyone who wants to compare features between Windows and Mac and wants to make a claim that one has better features than the other one needs to get their heads checked.

The truth of the matter is Mac OS X and Windows 7 run at about par with each other. Microsoft has better market penetration and therefore more applications. its no surprise that Apple is jealous.

If I were Apple, I'd be jealous of Microsoft's penetration, too.

Wow they really are scared. To complain that microsoft is a monopoly then use what they had to take out as something that windows 7 doesnt have is just wrong.

Microsoft should really fight back.

I have both at home, OS X on my Macbook and Win7 on the PC. While using OS X is much better compared to Win XP, my experience with Vista and even more so with Win7 is quite positive. And lets be realist here, you can't GAME on OS X. Look at the fresh new iMac with hi-res display and stuck with a 4850 with 512Mb....

The only weak point of Windows and it's NOT Microsoft fault, is a form of "iLife". Tight integration of iTune/iPhoto/iMovie/iDVD to the funky Garage Band application.