Real "new" features in Windows 7.. You guys agree with this?

who cares

MS puts it together really well

Ubuntu is a pain to get running for most people, my W7 install was painless, i didnt have a SINGLE ISSUE the entire time!. Ive never gone through an OS install before and not had issues.

ALso Compiz is a giant waste of time, so many effects that are useless and just for eye candy that dont impact productivity. In anythin they slow you down.

Ill be using Ubuntu on my laptop when its out, but its certain no better than W7.

You should read the page he linked to, because it explains this.

I also doubt a replacement shell for Windows 95 was in development 6 years before 95 was released.

Done. Forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of LS version history :p

89 popped to mind for some reason, didn't click that it couldn't have been LS since that was 95 onwards.

It's getting late and i need more coffee X.X

You really need to check your dates. Once again, Litestep was based on Afterstep, which didn't come out until the mid-90s. I don't know where you got this idea that it started development in '89, predating the creation of that which it was designed to emulate.

Just starting to get tired is all. What was in 89, NEXTStep?

Still, dates aside, NEXTStep, Afterstep and LS have their uses. LS obviously, the major use being the theming ability.

Like i said only a few posts ago though, we've gone over the GUI and etc, others called for you & I to get back "on topic" so the thought occurred that the OP is missing alot in this thread...

Eg the DX11 and other features.

I find it interesting when people say that gadgets are a copy of widgets or w.e... when Windows 95 had Active Desktop and you could pretty much do the same thing. So who copied who?

Cc768176.wrk0i02(en-us,TechNet.10).gif :huh: