"Games" folder in OS X

Would it be possible to create a "Smart Folder" of sorts to add to the dock, where you click and see just games?

The only method I can think of (and dont like) is:

- Creating a folder

- Creating alias's for each game

- Placing each alias into the new folder

- Dragging the folder onto the dock.

Is there any other way built in I could customize this?

Would it be possible to create a "Smart Folder" of sorts to add to the dock, where you click and see just games?

The only method I can think of (and dont like) is:

- Creating a folder

- Creating alias's for each game

- Placing each alias into the new folder

- Dragging the folder onto the dock.

Is there any other way built in I could customize this?

I would add a spotlight tag to each game, something like "game" then do a spotlight-tag smart search folder and add it to the dock? That's a slightly different way of doing the same thing, except you don't need to worry about aliases messing up at times...

Assuming your on Leopard and up, stick all your games in a folder, drag the folder to the right hand side of the docks separator and you have a Games Stack.

Assuming your on Leopard and up, stick all your games in a folder, drag the folder to the right hand side of the docks separator and you have a Games Stack.

I am running 10.6.1, yes what you described is what I was wanting to avoid...

also: @ d4v1d05

I would add a spotlight tag to each game, something like "game" then do a spotlight-tag smart search folder and add it to the dock? That's a slightly different way of doing the same thing, except you don't need to worry about aliases messing up at times...

How would I make the "smart search folder", I do not currently have the time to fool with it until later this evening.

Works well, I am now curious if it is possible to have a Grid-like representation similar to the "Downloads" folder and other normal folder when accessed from the dock. There seems to be no customization and the folder just opens the results in a new finder window.

But Smart Folders do not work as a 'Stack' for this, you'd have to use your original idea of Alias'

Which isn't bad because it is a MAC after all, which can track shortcuts if the source is moved. :rolleyes:

You'll want to modify it to remove that lil arrow though :D

Edited by gigapixels