Need Help Advice On New Home Theater Sound System

What about Uncharted 2?

Yeah it should sound good.

I just mentioned MGS4 as right at the start when the "mini war" is going on there's a ton of sound effects/explosions/gun fire and everything else that really creates one heck of a racket :p

Yeah it should sound good.

I just mentioned MGS4 as right at the start when the "mini war" is going on there's a ton of sound effects/explosions/gun fire and everything else that really creates one heck of a racket :p

Cool, will definitely check it out.

JD if you happen to read this tonight, if you can remember MGS4 tomorrow cool, if not next day.

So I hooked it up today! :laugh:

Turns out my wife really wants to redo this whole room, like tear down the wallpaper that her parents had up before we moved in, so that is going to be a job but it will also mean that is when me and my brother in law really hook things up proper. So I hooked it all up with wiring just running on the floor concealed, which is not as bad as it sounds as I ran it all arounf the right side of the room so it is all on one side and really not that bad overall, so while I will refer to this as the bootleg setup, it really is pretty damn good.

And I just have to say, it sounds AMAZING. Really can notice a difference overall. Just much more crisp and clean. And the volume really makes a difference. My old sub was just always loud, and my wife hated it, but this one really only gets loud when I turn it up, it is volume appropriate, so just really am so pleased with it.

And having everything HDMI into the receiver out to 1 input on my TV is really just SWEET. It really truly is. Almost makes my Universal Remote obsolete honestly, as the Onkyo remote even controls my DVD cable box channel up and down. Just so incredibly happy so far. Psyched for sure.

Now I need to get 2 more satellites so I can hook up the "Wave 2" speakers (I think that is what they refer to it as) and get my front High speakers going. :punk:

Definitely have some reading to do in the manual though.

Oh AB, this does mean I can now do DTS Stream in PS3 Media Server correct??? Before through Optical when I tried it I would just get a really loud static, but assuming now all should be cool correct? I know you are the main with PS3 settings, so if you can either post here or send me a PM what I should change in the settings, it would be greatly appreciated. (Y)

Oh AB, this does mean I can now do DTS Stream in PS3 Media Server correct??? Before through Optical when I tried it I would just get a really loud static, but assuming now all should be cool correct? I know you are the main with PS3 settings, so if you can either post here or send me a PM what I should change in the settings, it would be greatly appreciated. (Y)

You can do the DTS stream with HDMI or optical.

The reason you were getting static was because the PS3 needs to be on 1+2 channel settings, and default volume. Yours must of been on something different.

14.jpg

PS3MS even tells you this Larry ;)

dtsstatic.jpg

You can do the DTS stream with HDMI or optical.

The reason you were getting static was because the PS3 needs to be on 1+2 channel settings, and default volume. Yours must of been on something different.

That has GOT to be new to the newer PS3 Media Server, cause when I inititally tried it when I first installed PS3 Media Server those instructions were DEFINITELTY not there. I may not be an audiophile, but I can read. :laugh:

So what about the "remux when audio is AC3" option, I never checked it as I am not sure what it does, but I see you have yours checked?

Okay I think I may have a good idea whey I either never saw those settings and / or never changed them... Where the hell are they? :laugh: Seriously though How do I get to them?

I see nothing at all under Sound Settings when I go under Settings? And I see the screens you put up AB, but they almost look like when I pause a game to me, but I tried that and do not see them?

For my Audio Settings it is set as HDMI and Automatic. Is that why? If it is, what do I choose when I do it manually?

TIA

DL

That has GOT to be new to the newer PS3 Media Server, cause when I inititally tried it when I first installed PS3 Media Server those instructions were DEFINITELTY not there. I may not be an audiophile, but I can read. :laugh:

So what about the "remux when audio is AC3" option, I never checked it as I am not sure what it does, but I see you have yours checked?

The remux AC3 option just makes sure even if the video needs to be transcoded if the audio is AC3 it gets passed through untouched. Which is what everyone wants, the PS3 supports AC3.

Okay I think I may have a good idea whey I either never saw those settings and / or never changed them... Where the hell are they? laugh.gif Seriously though How do I get to them?

I see nothing at all under Sound Settings when I go under Settings? And I see the screens you put up AB, but they almost look like when I pause a game to me, but I tried that and do not see them?

For my Audio Settings it is set as HDMI and Automatic. Is that why? If it is, what do I choose when I do it manually?

TIA

DL

You must have an old build of PS3 MS? - http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217

The audio options are under "Common Transcoder Settings".

If you mean the PS3 options, press Triangle when a movie is playing :)

Yeah leave audio on HDMI and automatic. You might want to put everything on bitstream on the PS3, I think that's under settings, display or video settings on the XMB. There's two audio options, change them from Linear PCM if that's what they're on.

The remux AC3 option just makes sure even if the video needs to be transcoded if the audio is AC3 it gets passed through untouched. Which is what everyone wants, the PS3 supports AC3.

You must have an old build of PS3 MS? - http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3217

The audio options are under "Common Transcoder Settings".

If you mean the PS3 options, press Triangle when a movie is playing :)

Yeah leave audio on HDMI and automatic. You might want to put everything on bitstream on the PS3, I think that's under settings, display or video settings on the XMB. There's two audio options, change them from Linear PCM if that's what they're on.

Thanks AB. I did mean the PS3 options, so I will check them out next time I am playing a movie.

And it was definitely the older version of PS3 Media Server I tried it on. I had to new version installed but never tried it as I thought it would not work so just never checked it out again. So cool thanks again and sorry for the delayed response, I had to send my brand new laptop back to HP already for repairs so have not been online as much.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the help AB. It was the settings on my PS3, had to change speakers to Left & Right, once I did that worked like a charm and light is on indicating I am indeed getting Dolby Sound. (Y)